By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the year will be beatiful and have shooting!

Says it all! 

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Halo 3...

I agree ssj12 halo 3 deserves to be there

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Cheat1011 said:
Funny how the Nintendo staff was stuck in the closet.

That was the point, to keep the awesomeness of Mario Galaxy off the list

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Destroyer_of_knights said:
Crysis anyone?

Graphics aside, the game is average to good, not GOTY material. 

gamingdevil said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:
Crysis anyone?

Graphics aside, the game is average to good, not GOTY material. 

Quite true, it might win a best graphics category though.  The game itself is has many flaws and is pretty mediocre if you take out the visual element.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Around the Network

For the full package including fun gameplay, stunning visuals and sound it's uncharted all the way.

I am picking 3 - Bioshock, Mass Effect and Halo 3 - but just for the sheer amount of sales and glowing reviews.

Liked the comic, it's probably what will actually happen (in a sense, i don't actually think they'll be locked in a closet :P)

I'm finding it very hard to choose a clear GOTY.

Bioshock is awesome, but ultimately just a dumbed down version of System Shock with HD graphics and a steam punk theme. Also great writing.

Halo 3 is just more of the same. Sub-par single player experience, with an even more polished multi player.

CoD4 is just another shooter. A polished one, sure, but I expect something different from GoTY.

Super Mario Galaxy is the first proper Mario game in ages, and a very good at that. It's only the third Super Mario game in 11 years, so the series is hardly getting as repetitive as many others, but it still doesn't feel as fresh to me as some people.

I can't judge Mass Effect, but it seems like a KOTOR with next-gen technology and doesn't suffer from being Star Wars. Lots of the promised features getting cut is really a bummer, and it's really inaccesible to a lot of people.

The Orange Box is sublime, but calling it a single game in this context feels really dodgy.

Supreme Commander on the PC looks orgastic, but I haven't had a chance to try it out. ;__;

The PS3 doesn't really have any exclusives that could compete with the rest of these.

I just realised picking a single game as Game of the Year is complete numcockery, and refuse to have any part in it. Especially from someone like me whose favorite games include RPGs, platformers, shooters, hack/slash, Rogue-likes, strategic simulations, and some ridiculously oscure stuff. Maybe one per genre or something, but nothing shines bright enough IMO.

I also just realised nobody wants to read two and a half pages of indecisive musings, so I'll just stop typing and hit Post.

Haha that's hilarious.