By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I no longer dislike Peter Molyneux because of this.

Snesboy said:
Boutros said:

So Peter let his (8 years old?) child play Half-Life 2?

Oh well I was playing Doom when I was 6.

Who didn't play Doom when they were 6? I know I did!

I've never played Doom <_<  >_>

Around the Network

Well when my oldest son was 5 he was my campaign co-op partner all the way through the original Gears. My wife is into horror flicks and zombie shit so my kids have seen that kind of stuff since they were real small. They seem to have a clear understanding that these games and movies are fake and used for entertainment. 

I don't know what this has to do with anything but I was a total vagina about scary shit when I was a kid. In fact under the right circumstances, I still am a vagina about scary shit, lol. My imagination is too vivid sometimes.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

patapon said:

Please someone give this kid terminal cancer so make-a-wish will listen!

LMAO that's horrible, yet very funny

Boutros said:

So Peter let his (8 years old?) child play Half-Life 2?

Oh well I was playing Doom when I was 6.

I think I was 5 ^^ That said, I preferred Spear of Destiny. Doom was pretty scary.

toadslayer72 said:

Well when my oldest son was 5 he was my campaign co-op partner all the way through the original Gears. My wife is into horror flicks and zombie shit so my kids have seen that kind of stuff since they were real small. They seem to have a clear understanding that these games and movies are fake and used for entertainment. 

I don't know what this has to do with anything but I was a total vagina about scary shit when I was a kid. In fact under the right circumstances, I still am a vagina about scary shit, lol. My imagination is too vivid sometimes.

This is how parenting should be, if you see your children can handle it no one should tell you what they can and can't see. I hate how the government is trying to force this on people or how it's called bad parenting when you indeed show stuff to your children they shouldn't see according to the society. I have played about every violent game when I was young  together with friends. No one of us is even in the slightest aggressive or wants to hurt people. We are al a little bit crazy maybe, but then in the good way. I'm actually kinda proud to be weird but I'm sure that's not because of the games I was or wasn't playing.

Around the Network

peter, big words small games

Think for yourself, question authority

yo_john117 said:

I'm pretty sure you've never like Peter

i don't like him for other things,  like hype games to oblivion and then breaking a lot of promised featured.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I see where the Milo inspiration came from

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Severance said:
yo_john117 said:

i don't like him for other things,  like hype games to oblivion and then breaking a lot of promised featured.

He hasn't made a promise really since the original Black And White got caned.  He is willing to talk to developers extremely early in development unlike the majority of his peers.  From time to time in his enthusiasm he mentions things he wants to implement, that is not a promise a feature will ever make the cut.  I'd rather the developer talks to gamers about what they do and plan than go all secretive and virally releasing info to the sources who pay most or agree to paint them in the best light.

This is just a bandwagon excuse people jump on because they don't bother to actually read his interviews properly, they just see a headline and assume he's hype something without taking the quote in full context.  Put simply journalists love a soundbyte from him and don't care if it's misconstrued if they get their hits.

slowmo said:
Severance said:
yo_john117 said:

He hasn't made a promise really since the original Black And White got caned.  He is willing to talk to developers extremely early in development unlike the majority of his peers.  From time to time in his enthusiasm he mentions things he wants to implement, that is not a promise a feature will ever make the cut.  I'd rather the developer talks to gamers about what they do and plan than go all secretive and virally releasing info to the sources who pay most or agree to paint them in the best light.

This is just a bandwagon excuse people jump on because they don't bother to actually read his interviews properly, they just see a headline and assume he's hype something without taking the quote in full context.  Put simply journalists love a soundbyte from him and don't care if it's misconstrued if they get their hits.

no i am not making excuses , i've been following his interviews (video ones too) and demos for quite awhile, he used to be less vocal until he made the fable series, now he talks about every simple feature like its a heavenly gift to video games and in the end its very shallow, and gimmicky

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.