By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More 3ds specs leaked

disolitude said:

Im shocked that everyone is stuck on 1.5 GB of freekin save memory...who cares about that?

Its the CPU/GPU/RAM that you should be concerned about...and so far I am not that imperssed.

Who cares about that? It's games which one should be concerned about with every new platfrom, but in case of 3DS it will have tonz of brilliant games, it's already a fact.

So the only option we left with is to discuss the storage because it may hint us to some other aspects of 3DS, like app store or web surfing or something totally unexpected and goddamn amazing as Nintendo always does.

And despite size of VRAM or any other nerdy blah-blah-blah, I bet my hat 3DS will have 3D games much more beautifull and enjoying than anything from your DLP or whatever.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:

Its great but lets not be astonished by the 1.5GB of space... most guys where upset on VGC that the Go only has 16 giga, and to be honest 1.5 is just pathetic. They could have easily added at least 8 wit barely any extra cost IMO.

The specs look pretty good IMO, tough I truly doubt that we will ever see anything close to HD console graphical capability...

Remember on the PSP Go, one has to store entire retail games, some which are on dual layer UMDs take up the best part of 4gb.  3DS almost certainly won't have that problem.

1.5gb will be more than enough for 'Virtual handheld' games and ok for '3DSware' games.  If one can do a Wii style store on SD card, this will be fine.

LOL @ People getting excited over 1.5GBs.

Everything else looks fine.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Resident_Hazard said:

So, it appears to be a bit weaker than the Wii overall, but these are "leaked" specs, not official specs so who knows how accurate they really are?

1.5 Gigabytes of internal storage space is a huge step up for Nintendo, but still laughable compared to anything offered by Sony or Microsoft... or practically any new phone these days.

Hmmm, I expected it to be more powerful than the Wii.  Count me disappointed.  The PSP2 will have no problem outpacing these specs.

The HD systems use hard drives, which even apple dropped when they could. As for the phones, they still cost a lot more (even taking plans into account).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It looks fine, 1.5Gb of internal memory is not very much but on the other hand it will use SD cards... My idea about its graphics capabilities has not changed, it looks almost like a wii in terms of textures and shaders, while it is quite better (but not much) than PSP in terms of complexity. Thats more than enough for that screen size imo. I don't care that much comparing CPU and GPU clocks with other consoles, it's not very explanatory, it's the architecture that makes the difference.

Around the Network

Sigh even in cheap 125-150 euro smartphones you can find better hardware inside.

Hopefully it will keep DS price into resonable range.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

So basically, it's a handheld Xbox.

Going by Wikipedia numbers this thing is more powerful than the Gamecube.

Gamecube's got a 486MHz cpu, the 3DS is powered by 2x 266MHz. This seems faster to me considering we can't compare clockspeed because this is a new CPU vs an old one, right?

"Pica" is clocked lower than "Flipper" (166 vs 133MHz) but I guess being more up to date it is at least as capable (and I guess the lower resolution helps).

And the 3DS has 64MB of RAM, the Gamecube had 48MB.

It is right between a Gamecube and a Wii, where's the problem? They'd be stupid to put a huge CPU etc in there. When you design any product you have to remember you are selling to customers not to yourself.

UncleScrooge said:

It is right between a Gamecube and a Wii, 

So basically, a handheld Xbox. ;)

Attoyou said:

LOL @ People getting excited over 1.5GBs.

Everything else looks fine.

I tend to agree... 1.5GB is just.. well, it's weird. :/

Still, SD support means game installs and downloads shouldn't be an issue at all (see PSP).  I hope they use a better library system than Wii or DSi though, you'll really need to be able to launch directly from SD to make it worthwhile imo.  And goddamn, we better get a VC announced on the 29th too (GB, GBA, GG, NGP, WS, etc).