By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Purchased Move today. Initial Impressions.

Keep in mind that Sports Champions gradually gets harder based on difficulty level...it may help out bronze players a little...but elements can really screw you up on Gold

Like the 5 MPH winds in Frisbee Golf...They really make it more difficult

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:
Euphoria14 said:

Alright, I am watching a video and I think In understand how it works. However it still seems different since you don't really get to pinpoint your shots and it also seems to be no weight pulling down your arrows. They seem to just always fly straight forward as if on a string.

I may pick up a WiiMotion Plus and try it out to see if the differences are as noticable as I think they are.

Anyone play both and able to comment on whether or not they play and feel the same?

I haven't played Sports Champions with two Move controllers so I can't really go in-depth, but I've put a ton of hours into Archery on Wii Sports Resort. The aiming feels identical based on my experiences so far. The arrows never just fly straight in WSR, you have to start compensating for wind and start figuring out how to use the wind to curve the arrows to hit the target and whatnot...

Really is a fuller experience with two Move controllers...Especially for Archery and Gladiator Duel

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Rainbird said:
Euphoria14 said:

Just wanted to point out that a buddy at work informed me that Wii Archery in WSR controls very similar to the version in Sports Champions, minus reaching for the quiver to get an arrow. He says you can aim your shot with the nunchuk?

I need to try this out now, but I don't have a motion plus.

Here's how it works basically. You hold the wiimote in your right hand and the nunchuck in your left, you pull back with the nunchuck as if that's the hand you're holding the arrow with and then you aim how you would naturally aim.

Good to hear you like it, I'm still waiting for the right game for me as I bought mine without a game. The only exciting demoes so far are R.U.S.E. (but I don't like RTS, so whatever...), Heavy Rain (fuck yeah!), echochrome ii (pretty sweet) and Beat Sketcher (I'm having loads of fun with this, even if it is incredibly simple xD), everything else was pretty meh, one way or the other.

what do you have to do in heavy rain,

press buttons,copy movements or literally swing punches?

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
Rainbird said:
Euphoria14 said:

Just wanted to point out that a buddy at work informed me that Wii Archery in WSR controls very similar to the version in Sports Champions, minus reaching for the quiver to get an arrow. He says you can aim your shot with the nunchuk?

Here's how it works basically. You hold the wiimote in your right hand and the nunchuck in your left, you pull back with the nunchuck as if that's the hand you're holding the arrow with and then you aim how you would naturally aim.

Good to hear you like it, I'm still waiting for the right game for me as I bought mine without a game. The only exciting demoes so far are R.U.S.E. (but I don't like RTS, so whatever...), Heavy Rain (fuck yeah!), echochrome ii (pretty sweet) and Beat Sketcher (I'm having loads of fun with this, even if it is incredibly simple xD), everything else was pretty meh, one way or the other.

Before the Move, you would use the right analogue stick to simulate various movements, and those have now been translated to Move gestures. It's pretty sweet, for example, in the demo, you play as an FBI agent walking around a crime scene. He has a pair of special glasses and a glove that lets him analyze the environment much easier. To find things within a certain area, he makes a gesture with his gloved hand, and it's pretty sweet to now be making that gesture yourself.

Thanks for the first impressions, i think i am gonna buy it soon.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
zuvuyeay said:
Rainbird said:
Euphoria14 said:

Before the Move, you would use the right analogue stick to simulate various movements, and those have now been translated to Move gestures. It's pretty sweet, for example, in the demo, you play as an FBI agent walking around a crime scene. He has a pair of special glasses and a glove that lets him analyze the environment much easier. To find things within a certain area, he makes a gesture with his gloved hand, and it's pretty sweet to now be making that gesture yourself.

i know the game well,the most annoying thing for me is quick up/down side to side movements of the ds controller,but thats just my beef

so in crime scene you make the movements,do you point at things and click to investigate and is there a fight scene in the demo,i guess not

i'd like to see some good P & C type adventures on the PS3 now they got move,they can be very atmospheric which i like

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

i know the game well,the most annoying thing for me is quick up/down side to side movements of the ds controller,but thats just my beef

so in crime scene you make the movements,do you point at things and click to investigate and is there a fight scene in the demo,i guess not

i'd like to see some good P & C type adventures on the PS3 now they got move,they can be very atmospheric which i like

You do actually have the fight scene at Lauren's place. It feels much better with the Move.

I would appreciate detailed impressions of the gladiator duel....oh no, wait I wouldn't, don't want to create false expectations...aw, but I already have them...damn the waiting is killing me

<calls on the phone>: "Hello, Post Office, how come you didn't get my Move yet you @#$%???!!!...Hel, .. hellooo?"

:(