By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Christine O'Donnell is the worst candidate ever

thismeintiel said:
TheRealMafoo said:

umm... going back 11-14 year ago to look at what a kid thinks to decide if she is a good candidate?

If the best her opposition can come up with to attack her is what she did when she was 17, they are in trouble.

Don't you know by now that when Dem's do anything, no matter how out there it is, it's ok.  They get a free pass.  But if a Rep or Conservative does the same exact thing, or something very similar, they have to get dashed to pieces on a personal level.  That's fair and unbiased, right? 

What in the world are you talking about?  This is the status quo for all politicians.

The Republicans went back 30 years to make Obama's elementary school an issue, so you can get rid of the illusion that your party has more standards than any other party whenever you're ready.

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:
thismeintiel said:
TheRealMafoo said:

umm... going back 11-14 year ago to look at what a kid thinks to decide if she is a good candidate?

If the best her opposition can come up with to attack her is what she did when she was 17, they are in trouble.

Don't you know by now that when Dem's do anything, no matter how out there it is, it's ok.  They get a free pass.  But if a Rep or Conservative does the same exact thing, or something very similar, they have to get dashed to pieces on a personal level.  That's fair and unbiased, right? 

What in the world are you talking about?  This is the status quo for all politicians.

The Republicans went back 30 years to make Obama's elementary school an issue, so you can get rid of the illusion that your party has more standards than any other party whenever you're ready.

And he won.

So go Democrats. Keep up the personal attacks on her while she talks about the issues. See how that works out for you.

TheRealMafoo said:

So go Democrats. Keep up the personal attacks on her while she talks about the issues. See how that works out for you.

We all know that dirty politics is used by both sides.

That said, I think hypocrisy is the best means of personal attacks.  Good examples of this is O'Donnell who is a Christian nut who practiced withcraft and Satanism and numerous conservative anti-gay activists who turn out to love the penis themselves.  John Kerry's hypocrisy hurt him a lot too, as does Al Gore's power gussling mansion.

The fact that when Obama went to elementary school in Indonesia when he is five years old is not going to influence anybody's mind, and for those close minded enough to worry about such things they would have already been against him anyway.

ManusJustus said:
TheRealMafoo said:

That said, I think hypocrisy is the best means of personal attacks.  Good examples of this is O'Donnell who is a Christian nut who practiced withcraft and Satanism and numerous conservative anti-gay activists who turn out to love the penis themselves.  John Kerry's hypocrisy hurt him a lot too, as does Al Gore's power gussling mansion.

The fact that when Obama went to elementary school in Indonesia when he is five years old is not going to influence anybody's mind, and for those close minded enough to worry about such things they would have already been against him anyway.

Wait, when did we go from her eating lunch on an altar she didn't know was an altar at the time, to her practicing Satanism?

ManusJustus said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Correct. Why I dislike both parties, and like people who represent principled polotics.

O'Donnell is not a Republican or a Democrate. It's why both organizations hate her. She is am American who understands conservatism, and plans to vote accordingly.

It will piss off Republicans when she does not vote for there spending plans, and it will piss off Democrats when she doesn't vote for theres. It will hoever, please most Americans, and that's the people she is in office to represent. Not a party.

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:
TheRealMafoo said:

While it is certainly not true of all hypocrites, I think the cases of anti-gay activists who are involved in same-sex sexual relations tend to be exhibiting a psychological defence mechanism called displacement. While this is an over simplification, these people believe that homosexuality is immoral but have a strong urges for same sex sexual relations, so they transfer these impulses towards fighting homosexuality; and since this only partially works, they end up acting on their impulses.

thismeintiel said:

Wait, when did we go from her eating lunch on an altar she didn't know was an altar at the time, to her practicing Satanism?

"One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that," she said, laughing in the clip.  "We went to a movie and then had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar," she said. 

Haha, if I saw an alter with a pentagon and blood on it, I'd think Id know what it was.

And by 'dabbling' she openly admits to particpating in it.

TheRealMafoo said:

She is am American who understands conservatism, and plans to vote accordingly.

It will hoever, please most Americans, and that's the people she is in office to represent.

O'Donnell, and the Tea Party in general, is far right and out of America's mainstream politics.  I doubt she would be pleasing most Americans if she cant even prevent a Democratic landslide in a state that was garaunteed Republican a week ago.

HappySqurriel said:

While it is certainly not true of all hypocrites, I think the cases of anti-gay activists who are involved in same-sex sexual relations tend to be exhibiting a psychological defence mechanism called displacement. While this is an over simplification, these people believe that homosexuality is immoral but have a strong urges for same sex sexual relations, so they transfer these impulses towards fighting homosexuality; and since this only partially works, they end up acting on their impulses.

I've heard something like that before.  But regardless of the reasoning for their hypocrisy, it makes for interesting headlines in our attention hungry media.

ManusJustus said:
TheRealMafoo said:

She is am American who understands conservatism, and plans to vote accordingly.

It will hoever, please most Americans, and that's the people she is in office to represent.

O'Donnell, and the Tea Party in general, is far right and out of America's mainstream politics.  I doubt she would be pleasing most Americans if she cant even prevent a Democratic landslide in a state that was garaunteed Republican a week ago.

It was guaranteed republican because the man running as a republican was as much a democrate as he was a republican.

the GOP only wanted him because a real Republican could not win. They would rather have the numbers then anyone who will vote in there favor when it really matters.

Backing him was just so they could take speaker of the house.

And TeaParty Members are for balanced budgets and limited government. How is that far right? Almost everyone in the US is for that.

If the founding fathers were alive today, they would be tea party members.

Look, there is no way a party that every media outlet in the world hates can win 5-10 seats in the house, if there were not millions of Americans identifying with them. They are not extreme.