By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 Weather Video in HD!!

Aldro said:

But but..!!

These say they will have cockpit view, ALL of em, just not as detailed. All cars in GT5:prolouge have cockpit view, how could they possibly not have it in GT5 :( sure its a lot more cars but STILL! =

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/kotaku-confirmes---all-gran-tu/1086320

""What you write in the above segment indicates that the standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars.""

I just refuse to believe it but im fearing you're true x(. Damn that is REALLY sad ;_;.

Sorry but i have to take PD's word over Kotaku's. They said they tried to implement a cockpit for standard cars the same as what they did in the GT PSP game (a black frame) however once they did a few of them, it didnt achieve the desired effect in GT5 so the scraped it. However there is a Hood cam which is pretty much what you see when you look out a windshield so that is good enough. Sucks there is no cockpit but no biggy. Most of my time will be spent on the premium cars. The standard cars i will still drive as i am sure there is going to be a few favourites in there that i'll be driving regardless of its looks. Handling is the most important aspect.

Check out this quote from IGN regarding how the weather works in the game. Its amazing tech.

"The rally Special Event is just one example of Polyphony's dynamic design approach to GT5. The game's weather system is also auto-generated (on endurance-based and custom tracks only) based on a trio of interacting factors: humidity, temperature and pressure. The combination of those three elements can result in fog, rain, snow or a clear day. Yamauchi said the team cannot even impose specific weather conditions on a particular race but merely suggest them by creating cloudy weather, for example. From there, the system takes over to create weather on the fly. It's an impressive feat that I'll probably love until I have to drive in the rain."

Around the Network
Oniichan said:
Aldro said:

But but..!!

These say they will have cockpit view, ALL of em, just not as detailed. All cars in GT5:prolouge have cockpit view, how could they possibly not have it in GT5 :( sure its a lot more cars but STILL! =

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/kotaku-confirmes---all-gran-tu/1086320

""What you write in the above segment indicates that the standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars.""

I just refuse to believe it but im fearing you're true x(. Damn that is REALLY sad ;_;.

Sorry but i have to take PD's word over Kotaku's. They said they tried to implement a cockpit for standard cars the same as what they did in the GT PSP game (a black frame) however once they did a few of them, it didnt achieve the desired effect in GT5 so the scraped it. However there is a Hood cam which is pretty much what you see when you look out a windshield so that is good enough. Sucks there is no cockpit but no biggy. Most of my time will be spent on the premium cars. The standard cars i will still drive as i am sure there is going to be a few favourites in there that i'll be driving regardless of its looks. Handling is the most important aspect.

Check out this quote from IGN regarding how the weather works in the game. Its amazing tech.

"The rally Special Event is just one example of Polyphony's dynamic design approach to GT5. The game's weather system is also auto-generated (on endurance-based and custom tracks only) based on a trio of interacting factors: humidity, temperature and pressure. The combination of those three elements can result in fog, rain, snow or a clear day. Yamauchi said the team cannot even impose specific weather conditions on a particular race but merely suggest them by creating cloudy weather, for example. From there, the system takes over to create weather on the fly. It's an impressive feat that I'll probably love until I have to drive in the rain."

That sounds cool and all but..

NO COCKPIT VIEW FOR 800 CARS -> Im gonna cry myself to sleep now. WHY GOD WHY?!

ITS MORE LIKE ..170 CARS, thats not much more then prolouge :(.

I dare say I rather take 1000 cars with low quality cockpit view over 170 high quality cockpit view. I CANT SLEEP GUYS, THE WIND KEEPS WHISPERING:
170 not 1000.. 170 not 1000..!

Seriously though, words can't describe my ..bumness. I absolutely adored GT5 until this day. Im going into exile, I will NEVER buy this game, NEVER EVER!

Naw Ill get it on the first day, but I WANT COCKPIT VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( When I wake up tomorrow, there better be tons of posts trying to cheer me up by telling me stuff that I didn't know :'(!! )

Aldro said:

I dare say I rather take 1000 cars with low quality cockpit view over 170 high quality cockpit view. I CANT SLEEP GUYS, THE WIND KEEPS WHISPERING:

Seriously though, words can't describe my ..bumness. I absolutely adored GT5 until this day. Im going into exile, I will NEVER buy this game, NEVER EVER!

Naw Ill get it on the first day, but I WANT COCKPIT VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( When I wake up tomorrow, there better be tons of posts trying to cheer me up by telling me stuff that I didn't know :'(!! )

You're awesome....

There be cheered... :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Aldro said:

You know the game isnt capped at 1000 cars. They justed added a few more including the VW, ISUZU, RedBull X-1 etc. There are more the 200 premium cars so its not 170 (minus the ones from GT5P) you have over 200 premiums to play with. 30 of them from Prologue didn't just vanish.

Around the Network

looks very nice

to bad bout the cockpit view i never really use it but still would be nice to have even low detail for the other 800 cars ah maybe they add it in a DLC 

i want to see the full car list for it

Play Me

I'm not a fan of racing games, but gonna pick this one up just for all the effort they've put into making this game. Even if I don't play it I'm sure I can just stare and drool at the graphics :P

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

I wasn't really impressed with all the older footage. This video looks amazing, it looks photo realistic. The ps3 is impressing me more and more lately.

guys, there's more than 200 premium cars y'know... there's the 800 GT4 cars, and then there 200 premium cars...i wouldn't mind if they leave the 200 premium cars only, but the other 800 are a nice addition...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

are we already talking GT6

we have to play this first,i think they are going to sell a fair few wheels,pedals and seats with this game

Above & Beyond