By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA: PGA 11 sales are bad, Wii is a disappointment

Tiger Woods PGA has never been a uber seller -- no sports game except Madden really is.

Only four editions -- PS2 04 and 05 and Wii 08 and 09 -- have sold more than 1M on a given console.

This year's sales are at historic lows for the Xbox 360 and Wii and at on par with early year releases on the PS3 (which has the only new thing to offer in Move support).  

Tiger not having a good year as a golfer or as an individual is a bigger drag on the sales than anyone at EA will admit. 

And as for the Wii, owners tend not to buy annual sports sequels ... but the drop-off this year appears to speak to other factors.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Conegamer said:
patjuan32 said:
<table style="width: 90%;" border="0"><tr><td><strong>darthdevidem01 said:</strong><br /><table style="width: 90%;" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td><strong>TX109 said:</strong><br> <p>well, EA is a dissapointment so they really have no room to talk...</p> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <p>What?</p> <p>If anything EA has improved SO MUCH in the past few years.</p> <p>They went from being as hated as Activision to now even liked.</p></td></tr></table><br /><br />

What?

Sometimes the rich text fails for me (I can't even reload the broken page. I have to open up a new tab/window to a page that links to the broken page and click on the broken page from there), and that likely happened here.

I kept trying to get rid of the HTML tags but I could not.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Man, these game companies just love to use the Wii as a scapegoat for their lackluster games don't they?

Metallicube said:

Man, these game companies just love to use the Wii as a scapegoat for their lackluster games don't they?

History has shown there can be a great amount of stupidity if people are stuck in a mindset.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs