By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NOVEMBER 20 JAPAN - RELEASE DATE RUMOUR - 3DS

RELEASE DATE SEMI CONFIRMED, if you believe a Twit.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/50126/

In a little over two weeks, we will know how much the 3DS will cost and when it’ll go on sale in Japan. But until then, it’s a given that we’ll see different speculation about those two desired details. Today, there is a rumor going around that the upcoming handheld will hit Japanese retailers on November 20. That claim comes from a Keys Factory designer, a company well-known for making different Nintendo accessories, including add-ons for the DSi LL. The designer tweeted the following:

“On November 20th, the 11 goods I designed for use with the 3DS will go on sale simultaneously. Those of you buying the 3DS, please buy them while you’re at it! This will be officially announced on the homepage eventually, lol. Best regards.”

At this point, the November 20 release date is certainly possible. Back in 2004, Nintendo revealed in September that the handheld would be out in early December. The only difference here is that the company would be planning a late November launch for the 3DS in Japan. At least we won’t have to wait too much longer to find out if this rumor is valid!

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

... How many times I've heard rumours like this (none were true, though)?

Still, why should we be commemorating if it is? It'd be only a japanese release, while we would wait longer for it. On the other hand, it would be interesting to see Japan in the front line of great launches (which didn't happen with the original DS and Wii).

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

i posted this on another site.I still believe that it will come out in Japan this Nov and Europe and the United States in March of 2011. Do you know what would really be kickass. A worldwide launch with a worldwide marketing blitz that the world has ever seen. With all the money they have they can do it, and it would be pretty damn amazing.

ya saw this too, would be insane, but with some serious DS software still on the table for JPN Im not sure... (PKMN, Golden Sun)

We'll know soon enough. But honestly, they can wait, DS is an unprecedented beast.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

Andriasang talks about the leak

3DS Peripheral Designer Lets Slip System Release Date, Then Disappears
I'm afraid of writing this story.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/13/3ds_keys_factory/

"On November 20th, the 11 goods I designed for use with the 3DS will go on sale simultaneously."

What sort of "11 goods" could they design for the 3DS that will come out on launch?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

If this is true, I really hope Okamiden and Golden Sun sales don't suffer as a result

I just hope they release it soon, I am so sick of waiting!

well if this is true then Nintendo just found their big XMas product. Though I'm going to take this with a grain of salt as Nintendo rarely has leaks