NE

@ PIT
W
8:20 PM
Mon, Nov 15

PHI 28
@ WAS 21
8:30 PM

I hope I don't regret picking CInn and Stl...

Around the Network
Thu, Nov 11          
BAL   @ ATL  W 8:20 PM
Sun, Nov 14

DET
W
@ BUF

1:00 PM
MIN

@ CHI
W
NYJ
W
@ CLE

TEN
W
@ MIA

CIN

@ IND
W
HOU
W
@ JAC

CAR

@ TB
W
KC
W
@ DEN

4:05 PM
SEA
W
@ ARI

4:15 PM
DAL

@ NYG
W
STL
W
@ SF

NE

@ PIT
W
Mon, Nov 15

PHI 31
@ WAS 14

BYE: GB, OAK, NO, SD

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Would somebody explain all the hate on this site for ESPN? Is it because they don't take themselves all that seriously? Is the hatred even based on something rational, and, if so, what is this reasoning? Or is it just "the cool thing to do"?

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

allaboutthegames885 said:

Would somebody explain all the hate on this site for ESPN? Is it because they don't take themselves all that seriously? Is the hatred even based on something rational, and, if so, what is this reasoning? Or is it just "the cool thing to do"?

They stopped showing Hockey.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:

They still show hockey highlights on Sportscenter. Besides which, name 5000 people outside of Canada and Russia (and other countries that used to be a part of the USSR) that don't work for a hockey or collegiate sports organization or team that actually give two shits about ice hockey. Give up? Of course you do!

Around the Network
nordlead said:

They still show hockey highlights on Sportscenter. Besides which, name 5000 people outside of Canada and Russia (and other countries that used to be a part of the USSR) that don't work for a hockey or collegiate sports organization or team that actually give two shits about ice hockey. Give up? Of course you do!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_attendance

Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Boston, and New York are all big Hockey Cities. Hockey is on par for attendance with the NBA, and only sligtly behind for TV ratings if you stay out of the South. Once you throw in Canada, Hockey is probably bigger than Basketball in NA, but that is purely speculation.

Anyways, it was just my one reaosn for not liking ESPN. I think they are ok personally but for a while I hated that hockey went to VS. because I couldn't watch VS. but I could get ESPN.

Boo, work sucks balls!

Thu, Nov 11          
BAL  N/A @ ATL  N/A 8:20 PM
Sun, Nov 14

DET
W
@ BUF

MIN
W
@ CHI

NYJ
W
@ CLE

TEN
W
@ MIA

CIN

@ IND
W
HOU

@ JAC
W
CAR

@ TB
W
KC
W
@ DEN

4:05 PM
SEA
W
@ ARI

DAL

@ NYG
W
STL

@ SF
W
NE

@ PIT
W
Mon, Nov 15

PHI 21
@ WAS 10

I'm rolling the dice on you SF, don't let me down!

noname2200 said:

Boo, work sucks balls!

Would you actually have picked Atlanta though? It was a super close game though. Based on how Atlanta opened it up it shouldn't have, but it ended up coming down to the last minute.

As a friendly reminder though, there is pretty much a thursday night game for the rest of the season except the last week. Also Thanksgiving day has 3 games starting around noon.

nordlead said:
noname2200 said:

Boo, work sucks balls!

Would you actually have picked Atlanta though? It was a super close game though. Based on how Atlanta opened it up it shouldn't have, but it ended up coming down to the last minute.

As a friendly reminder though, there is pretty much a thursday night game for the rest of the season except the last week. Also Thanksgiving day has 3 games starting around noon.

No, I wouldn've lost anyhow, but I'm annoyed that I didn't have the chance to vote (and generally that I'm working 12 hour shifts this week >=(, including tomorrow).

nordlead said:
nordlead said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_attendance

Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Boston, and New York are all big Hockey Cities. Hockey is on par for attendance with the NBA, and only sligtly behind for TV ratings if you stay out of the South. Once you throw in Canada, Hockey is probably bigger than Basketball in NA, but that is purely speculation.

Anyways, it was just my one reaosn for not liking ESPN. I think they are ok personally but for a while I hated that hockey went to VS. because I couldn't watch VS. but I could get ESPN.

Please note that I reside in the southernmost part of Tennessee, and as such I would have to cross two states just to get to the nearest bastion of USA ice hockey to my domain. However, I do apologize for my narrowmindedness. But then, I really don't give a crap about basketball either as my preferred sports are Football (not Futbol, but American Rules) and Baseball, and I don't follow either sport below the major professional level because it's just too much to wrap my head around (and I scored top marks on my GED tests, so you know I'm a fucking genius).

I'm glad you've made your peace with ESPN, but would you care to speculate why everyone else here seems to hate the network? Could it be their connection to Disney? Or could it be something completely irrational, as I had suggested earlier?