By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Integral Imaging - Toshiba

Ldn.se said:
bmmb1 said:

Not that I intended to anyway, but now I am definitely not going to invest at any point in a 3d TV that needs glasses when such technology is (figuratively speaking) just around the corner. Sure it's still several years away, but so is sufficient 3d content  to justify (for me) the purchase of a 3d tv...

There are games in 3D on PS3 and I have a few films in 3D. Most of the time I play games 2D->3D conversion. Glesses free sounds nice but it will be long before they make large size 3D Tvs that will allow you to enjoy 1080p 3d. Also such tvs dont allow you to watch statndard films so the technology is not perfect.

oh so you have 1080p 3D PS3 games?

how's the 2D->3D for gaming by the way? (honnest question)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
Ldn.se said:
bmmb1 said:

Not that I intended to anyway, but now I am definitely not going to invest at any point in a 3d TV that needs glasses when such technology is (figuratively speaking) just around the corner. Sure it's still several years away, but so is sufficient 3d content  to justify (for me) the purchase of a 3d tv...

There are games in 3D on PS3 and I have a few films in 3D. Most of the time I play games 2D->3D conversion. Glesses free sounds nice but it will be long before they make large size 3D Tvs that will allow you to enjoy 1080p 3d. Also such tvs dont allow you to watch statndard films so the technology is not perfect.

Games are 720p. Films are 1080p. 2d->3d is meh for films but it makes a huge difference for games. you get extra field of depth and depending on what your playing you see objects outside the screen. It looks like those 3d postcards you may have seen. Works best with FFS and RPGs.

Ldn.se said:
Hephaestos said:
Ldn.se said:
bmmb1 said:

Games are 720p. Films are 1080p. 2d->3d is meh for films but it makes a huge difference for games. you get extra field of depth and depending on what your playing you see objects outside the screen. It looks like those 3d postcards you may have seen. Works best with FFS and RPGs.

I have 3D on PC so I know how it would look, but I was unsure of how well the upgrader did with PS3 games.

DO you see a big difference beween the PS3 3D and the TV upgrade 3D in the games?

Hephaestos said:
Ldn.se said:
Hephaestos said:
Ldn.se said:
bmmb1 said:

I have 3D on PC so I know how it would look, but I was unsure of how well the upgrader did with PS3 games.

DO you see a big difference beween the PS3 3D and the TV upgrade 3D in the games?

Sure  there is a big difference between 3d games and 2d->3d. The effect is not so amazing but makes game look different.You will not see smoke, mud and water splattering outside the tv when you play converted motorstorm 3d but its all there when you are playing it in 3d.

Ldn.se said:

Sure  there is a big difference between 3d games and 2d->3d. The effect is not so amazing but makes game look different.You will not see smoke, mud and water splattering outside the tv when you play converted motorstorm 3d but its all there when you are playing it in 3d.

cool, thanks for the input.

Around the Network

Gonna need, what, 5400p output to be able to watch in 720p? Certainly not a technology that can be implemented with either of the current HD consoles with 1080p being the maximum output. I wonder if even a Blu-ray disc would be big enough for a 5400p movie.

Might be doable with next gen consoles.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix