By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Integral Imaging - Toshiba

Love the technology , and 3D is growing rapidly ,which is very awesome.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

BIG WIN !

amazing. i'm hyped

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
880user088 said:

BIG WIN !

INDEED! (the thumbnail is Epic Win of a Win .... my head implodes)

It said so in the video. BIG WIN. I can't argue against the stated fact.

Around the Network

Lagzillar doubleposted.

Not that I intended to anyway, but now I am definitely not going to invest at any point in a 3d TV that needs glasses when such technology is (figuratively speaking) just around the corner. Sure it's still several years away, but so is sufficient 3d content  to justify (for me) the purchase of a 3d tv...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

well the only 3D glasses/monitor worth buying are the 3D vision/120hz.... cause it actually boosts your PC games with real 3D on the hardware side.

all other TVs... are now doomed since this kind of 3D tech is being developped (and it's not small screens either, that one was rather big).

Though 2 things...

when the camera panned you could see the immage shift... as the camera entered an other angle of vision. So it sems that instead of straight in front point of view, they added others, but they are still limited in numbers. Not yet a perfected tech then, but the path is laid.

any idea on the price?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

i say you guys should wait a little bit more so all the issues would be fixed and WITHOUT glasses as well!

bmmb1 said:

Not that I intended to anyway, but now I am definitely not going to invest at any point in a 3d TV that needs glasses when such technology is (figuratively speaking) just around the corner. Sure it's still several years away, but so is sufficient 3d content  to justify (for me) the purchase of a 3d tv...

There are games in 3D on PS3 and I have a few films in 3D. Most of the time I play games 2D->3D conversion. Glesses free sounds nice but it will be long before they make large size 3D Tvs that will allow you to enjoy 1080p 3d. Also such tvs dont allow you to watch statndard films so the technology is not perfect.