By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NBA JAM - no online for wii version confirmed

SHMUPGurus said:

By the way, I read that NPD report about the Wii being used more than the PS3 for online gaming... based on online survey responses from just over 20,000 members of NPD's online consumer panel ages 2 and older. That's what I call a little group of people, but yeah, there's still a growing tendency of the Wii's online usage so that's good news in my opinion. Though I'm sure most of the playtime is from Mario Kart Wii...!

After seeing the report I can agree that developers and publishers really ought to start taking the Wii more seriously as an online platform. This is just unfortunate for EA's NBA Jam I guess. But if you're a multi-console owner, I'm sure you'll definitely buy one of the HD versions for sure so it's not a loss for every consumer at least.

lol do you even have any idea on how sampling works? 20K is a huge survey.

For info you ten to have decently representative statistics when you sample 30 people already.

and yes most of the playtime is from MKWii... then again on PS3 it's from COD4 and MW2 so....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Ima gunna buy the crap out of it!!!

Hephaestos said:
SHMUPGurus said:

By the way, I read that NPD report about the Wii being used more than the PS3 for online gaming... based on online survey responses from just over 20,000 members of NPD's online consumer panel ages 2 and older. That's what I call a little group of people, but yeah, there's still a growing tendency of the Wii's online usage so that's good news in my opinion. Though I'm sure most of the playtime is from Mario Kart Wii...!

After seeing the report I can agree that developers and publishers really ought to start taking the Wii more seriously as an online platform. This is just unfortunate for EA's NBA Jam I guess. But if you're a multi-console owner, I'm sure you'll definitely buy one of the HD versions for sure so it's not a loss for every consumer at least.

For info you ten to have decently representative statistics when you sample 30 people already.

and yes most of the playtime is from MKWii... then again on PS3 it's from COD4 and MW2 so....

Meh, I know how it works (or at least I took some class and shit), but I don't look at surveys all day long so I wouldn't know. Sorry for being such an idiot or something, right?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Can't wait for EA to bash the Wii and Wii owners when this game tanks.  This is quite inexcusable really.

lol.  No wonder Activision's now the leading 3rd party, outside Bloom Blox, Sports Active and (formerly) Tiger Woods, EA's totally misfired on Wii.  

Activision may be the new evil empire or whatever, but at least they generally try to do Wii justice... their handling of franchises like COD or Guitar Hero on the console have been incomparably better than what EA's done for it's major IPs on Wii.

Around the Network

i'll never buy anything from EA again..

hate them!

Hephaestos said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Yeah, but asking people online "who plays online" ins't the most representative of samples, is it?

Sure, the PS3 data used a similar sample, but it's still not all that good.

I was going to get this, until I heard about this news.

Farmageddon said:

Yeah, but asking people online "who plays online" ins't the most representative of samples, is it?

Sure, the PS3 data used a similar sample, but it's still not all that good.

actually, people that don't play online are just blanks in such survey..

which console do you play the most online with?

PS3

Wii

None.

the 3rd answer does not affect the ratio of the most used console.

SHMUPGurus said:

Meh, I know how it works (or at least I took some class and shit), but I don't look at surveys all day long so I wouldn't know. Sorry for being such an idiot or something, right?

oh didn't mean to offend, sorry.

just wanted to point out that 20K was worthy as far as surveys go