By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NBA JAM - no online for wii version confirmed

nba jam is not  the kind of game I want to play online...

Around the Network

Who plays online on the Wii anyways? No offense to anyone that actually does here...

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:

Who plays online on the Wii anyways? No offense to anyone that actually does here...

According to NPD and several other research groups, a very sizable portion of the Wii userbase does.  In fact, it wasn't until quite recently that the PS3 overtook Wii for total online play time.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Maybe he just meant two players can't play on-line at the same time from a single Wii? Sure doesn't sound lke that but hey, what sense does it all make anyway?

Viper1 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

According to NPD and several other research groups, a very sizable portion of the Wii userbase does.  In fact, it wasn't until quite recently that the PS3 overtook Wii for total online play time.

Maybe you're talking about the Wii console being online, as in WiiConnect24. If that's not the case, well I'm surprised. o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I personally know a lot of course would like to play online, and this of course disappoints them. I just would like those groups to also ask about the userbase playing locally, because having that to properly compare that would really settle some *ahem* questions.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

SHMUPGurus said:
Viper1 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Maybe you're talking about the Wii console being online, as in WiiConnect24. If that's not the case, well I'm surprised. o_O

WiiConnect24 just means your Wii is net enabled in standby mode.  It has nothing to do with actualy playing online.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Viper1 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

WiiConnect24 just means your Wii is net enabled in standby mode.  It has nothing to do with actualy playing online.

I know that... So OK, you were really talking about playing online. Like I said, I'm surprised. Just for fun, do you have a link to this information? I seriously wonder what methodology they used to figure this out.

Random game thought :

joora said:

EA is jammin' the Wii confirmed.

When was this news? It was known for quite some time

For some reason, I wasn't expecting this game to have online for the Wii anyway.

I just hope that's the only thing about the Wii version that's getting gimped.