By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - low selling good games

low selling good games

yes 39 62.90%

no 23 37.10%

Total:62
Trentonater said:

the best games to not sell well are ico and shadow of the colossus. i fear that the last guardian  will share the same fate

was shadow late to the ps2 party? I think i was already onto ps3 by then. I've never played either but i am definitely following the news on last guardian

Hide your kids, hide your wife

Around the Network
Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:

Uncharted, Heavy Rain and LittleBigPlanet? They had high sales.

For Alan Wake... yes deserve.

they had low sells for their quality while games like mw 2 had ridiculous sales and sucked

For:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3.27M
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 3.59M
LittleBigPlanet - 3.62M

Awesome sales numbers for new IP... and:

Heavy Rain - 1.41M

Great sales number for a niche title... and finally:

Alan Wake - 0.68M

Low sales numbers... but good for a niche title.

----

Serious...  What means low sales for you??? Just 18 titles on 360 and 16 on PS3 sold over 3M (total titles: over 1000 combined).

I think Uncharted and LBP should have sold in the same ball park as Gears of War. When MW2 can sell over 20 million combined and a much better shooter like Killzone 2 cannot reach 3 million we have some serious issues. 

ethomaz said:
Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:

they had low sells for their quality while games like mw 2 had ridiculous sales and sucked

For:

LittleBigPlanet - 3.62M

Heavy Rain - 1.41M

Alan Wake - 0.68M

----

Serious...  What means low sales for you??? Just 18 titles on 360 and 16 on PS3 sold over 3M (total titles: over 1000 combined).

it is not really that they had low sales but again deserved more 

Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:
Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:

For:

LittleBigPlanet - 3.62M

Heavy Rain - 1.41M

Alan Wake - 0.68M

----

then why is the thread called "low selling good games" and not "Games I think deserved better sales"?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:
Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:
Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:

For:

LittleBigPlanet - 3.62M

Heavy Rain - 1.41M

Alan Wake - 0.68M

----

then why is the thread called "low selling good games" and not "Games I think deserved better sales"?

just for those specific games we also talked about okami and team ico games which never sold over 1 mil

This is always a tricky one for me.  It's like asking me should the same amount of people who watched Transformers watch, say, Moon.  I'd say yes, because they're missing the better film, but really is it fair to make that kind of claim?

I think LBP, Uncharted, etc. sold well for new IP and given their focus in the current market.  Uncharted was SP only, early in PS3's life and there was a lot of 'it's just a Bloke Raider copy cat' stuff going around.   LBP was cute, challenging with it's creation tools and rewarding of patience.

This at a time when the PS3 was selling to mainly the same demographic as 360 and the sure fire titles were all mature, gritty and featuring good online.

Would I like to see them sell better?  Sure, LBP is arguably the most inovative and original game this generation for example.  But do they deserve it as though owed something?  It's tempting to say yes, but I think that's trying to force people to have different tastes.

To me low sales would be something like Ico or Beyond Good & Evil.  Great titles, great reviews, low sales.  I still don't get why more gamers didn't want to play those titles.

So I'll say no, although of course I'd love to see a world where LBP outsold something like MW2.  To me, that would be quite a hoot and give me a warmer feeling about our basic human nature.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Trentonater said:
zarx said:
Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:
Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:

For:

LittleBigPlanet - 3.62M

Heavy Rain - 1.41M

Alan Wake - 0.68M

----

just for those specific games we also talked about okami and team ico games which never sold over 1 mil

nether of which were in your OP and the majority of the ones in you OP sold very well only like one was under 1 million. and I am pretty sure SotC sold over 1 mill. Maybe you should lower your standards because unless the game is a AAA project (budget not review scores) selling 1 mill one one platform is very good, something like No More Heroes or deadspace extraction or Dark void...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Trentonater said:
zarx said:
Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:
Trentonater said:
ethomaz said:

For:

LittleBigPlanet - 3.62M

Heavy Rain - 1.41M

Alan Wake - 0.68M

----

nether of which were in your OP and the majority of the ones in you OP sold very well only like one was under 1 million. and I am pretty sure SotC sold over 1 mill. Maybe you should lower your standards because unless the game is a AAA project (budget not review scores) selling 1 mill one one platform is very good, something like No More Heroes or deadspace extraction or Dark void...

sotc only sold about 9.4 mil

Reasonable said:

This is always a tricky one for me.  It's like asking me should the same amount of people who watched Transformers watch, say, Moon.  I'd say yes, because they're missing the better film, but really is it fair to make that kind of claim?

I think LBP, Uncharted, etc. sold well for new IP and given their focus in the current market.  Uncharted was SP only, early in PS3's life and there was a lot of 'it's just a Bloke Raider copy cat' stuff going around.   LBP was cute, challenging with it's creation tools and rewarding of patience.

This at a time when the PS3 was selling to mainly the same demographic as 360 and the sure fire titles were all mature, gritty and featuring good online.

Would I like to see them sell better?  Sure, LBP is arguably the most inovative and original game this generation for example.  But do they deserve it as though owed something?  It's tempting to say yes, but I think that's trying to force people to have different tastes.

To me low sales would be something like Ico or Beyond Good & Evil.  Great titles, great reviews, low sales.  I still don't get why more gamers didn't want to play those titles.

So I'll say no, although of course I'd love to see a world where LBP outsold something like MW2.  To me, that would be quite a hoot and give me a warmer feeling about our basic human nature.

i don't know why gamers didn't buy ico. it was one of the first good games on the ps2 and had for the time good graphics