By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The First 10 Minutes of No More Heroes

i refuse to watch it!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Watched the opening and the first minute or so. Looks like they cut out the gore. Maybe because it's the japanese version? Didn't Onna say something about Japanese PS3's editing out blood?

Soriku said:
Kasz216 said:
Looking over the opening I notice they've changed the Drifters death. What's up with that? Did they tone the game down?

You mean Helter Skelter? Hmm...IDK. I don't think they 'toned down' the game.

I mean the guy he kills in the opening before the game starts.  They call him "The Drifter" in that.  He just falls over, in the Gametrailers trailer he falls over and his head falls off with blood squriting everywhere.

Japanese version is of course censored gore wise.

Looks kind of disappointing.

Camera looks annoying, the jukebox system looks annoying as it takes over the screen, enemies and the fighting itself look repetitive, and the same sound clips keep being repeated over and over.

Looks like a bargain bin title...

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Camera looks annoying, the jukebox system looks annoying as it takes over the screen, enemies and the fighting itself look repetitive, and the same sound clips keep being repeated over and over.

1. Camera seems fine.

2. Jukebox system is OK on the screen. Doesn't seem crowded to me.

3. A lot of fighting in games is "repetitive." Deal with it.

4. The sound clip is good. The music rocks. Who cares.

5. overall: You phail and this is the first every complaint-in-comment I've seen so far.

1. Yup looks fine for me to.

2. Agree with Soriku

3. I agree with Words of Wisdom but maybe that will change with the levels (new enemies, new attacks etc).

4. I love the music so I for sure will not complain about that.

5.  Soriku it is her/his opinion don't say people fail because of their opinion.

IIRC the Western version of the game has blood and decapitations, but the Japanese version has them disappear in spuffs of smoke.

I'm not sure I like how slow the camera turns, and the parts where the game takes you out of the action to show you a door closed etc annoy me already. Looks like this might be one of those games that are enjoyable due to their general awesomeness, but don't have very good gameplay.

Then again that's only a first level, and I already don't know what's going on half of the time. There's a lot of unlockable stuff, so it should be deep enough.

(I also appreciate how we Europeans are getting this game as early as 29/02/08, while US release is TBA/02/08. Not exactly globally simultaneous, but close enough.)

From what comments I've heard on this game so far, and one boss fight that I wish I didn't see since that spoiler is something I wish to actually seen myself.

Positives:

1. Boss fights are great, but can be quite hard (Spoiler: No.8's deseperation move kill you instantly if it hits)

2. Storyline is definitely interesting, and perhaps deep (I try to avoid watching too much)

3. No.5 is Letz Shake

Negatives: 

1. Camera system can be bad when you don't use lock on, but fine if you use it during combat. You can adjust it with... I think d-pad. (Although apparently this seems like an isolated incidence since another person had no problem with the camera, guess it depend on your skill level)

2. Collision detection problem can occasionally happen, though I haven't noticed anything in particular from the video the guy have shown. Although it is said to happen most often during driving, and all the videos I've seen is not the free exploration.

3. Both above problem seem to occur mostly during free exploration/roaming than actual mission itself.

Edit: Impression gathered from a guy who have been posting the main stages uptill No.5 and can be found posting on gamefaqs.

That's apparently all the problems, and from what I seen of the boss fight, the story can be surprisingly good, though I've get some possible idea on how it's gonna go down after seeing so many of the boss fight videos. Looks like this is gonna maintain the same Suda-51 quality, whether or not that's good or bad, it'll depend on you.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Smelliku said:
konnichiwa said:
Smelliku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

1. Camera seems fine.

2. Jukebox system is OK on the screen. Doesn't seem crowded to me.

3. A lot of fighting in games is "repetitive." Deal with it.

4. The sound clip is good. The music rocks. Who cares.

5. overall: You phail and this is the first every complaint-in-comment I've seen so far.

1. Yup looks fine for me to.

2. Agree with Soriku

3. I agree with Words of Wisdom but maybe that will change with the levels (new enemies, new attacks etc).

4. I love the music so I for sure will not complain about that.

5. Soriku it is her/his opinion don't say people fail because of their opinion.

WoW does indeed phail

I wasn't talking about the music; I was talking about the yells enemies and the main character make during combat. Those things get recycled on practically every enemy.

The guy playing also has trouble turning corners due to the camera and winds up facing away from enemies during combat. Honestly looks like the game needed a lock-on system and didn't get it (or isn't being used?).

I'm sorry if people want this game to be good, but it looks mediocre.

Also, it sounds there's a lot of things to do in this game though. The fighting looks quite interesting since you learn more moves as you rent movies/video tapes and do a lot of other side-activities which seems to spice things up quite a bit.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA