By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It's official, Gamestop is sold out of Halo Reach WORLDWIDE! HUGE sales!

Will say though. MSFT is going all out on the adverts for this game. I see the commercial alot as well as tons of ads in town.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:

But Reach is gonna have a longer campaign then any other Halo and its campaign is gonna be simply amazing.

Plus its packed with ridiculous amounts of other modes that you can play.

Replayability for it (if you don't like multiplayer modes) is well over the 30 hour mark and thats just if you dabble in the game.

Basically if there was ever a game released thats worth $60 its this game.

While i'm sure it will be a great game overall. Killzone 2 provided me with more entertainment than any FPS game, that's why part 3 is my only exception.

Fair enough....although I'll say I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you play Halo Reach for the first time.

Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:

But Reach is gonna have a longer campaign then any other Halo and its campaign is gonna be simply amazing.

Replayability for it (if you don't like multiplayer modes) is well over the 30 hour mark and thats just if you dabble in the game.

While i'm sure it will be a great game overall. Killzone 2 provided me with more entertainment than any FPS game, that's why part 3 is my only exception.

While I can understand your hesitance towards paying full price for games that only offer 5-7 hours of fun; I think Halo is the game to break that mold. Firefight, Campaign, Forgeworld, and Multiplayer all in one disc is definitely worth the admission price. And if youre waiting for the price of Halo Reach to go down to 20 dollars you would be waiting a long time man. Halo 3 isn't even that low and its been 3 years.

myabsolution said:
Wagram said:
yo_john117 said:

While I can understand your hesitance towards paying full price for games that only offer 5-7 hours of fun; I think Halo is the game to break that mold. Firefight, Campaign, Forgeworld, and Multiplayer all in one disc is definitely worth the admission price. And if youre waiting for the price of Halo Reach to go down to 20 dollars you would be waiting a long time man. Halo 3 isn't even that low and its been 3 years.

Depends on where you look. I got my copy of Halo 3 for 15 dollars brand new. The wait will be a long one, but I have FFXIV coming to hold me for a very LOOOONG time soon.

If you check GameSpot's Halo 3 review, you'll see it has the "Get More Than Your Money's Worth" award. I know Reach is going to expand that even further with tons of hours of re-playability since it's Bungie's last Halo game and they gave the community a lot of tools to keep us entertained for a long time. So I know that what you mentioned won't be a problem. Now, if you tell me that you won't buy it because you simply don't like it's style or w/e, [even though you can customize everything to make it your style] I will understand. 

Around the Network

really!!! Well I think your full of it. How can they not be able to meet demand?It sounds so stupid that a multi billion dollar company cant make a few games especially since they can expect to sell over 4 million worldwide like other halo games. They already have 1.4 million preorders and they can expect a lot more so they would be fools to think we wont need anymore halo copies no matter what edition it is.

libellule said:
BenVTrigger said:
toadslayer72 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

With the hype and marketing for this game, I wouldn't be surprised if this game is considered the killer app of the Xbox 360, and indeed, might become the highest selling game on the console.

I hate Halo and I just fucking preordered this shit.

I haven't preordered a game in 3 years, and I haven't even preordered Fallout New Vegas, or Fable, and those franchises are my shit.

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier in this thread. I've read quite a few similar comments here and elsewhere. Even people that don't like Halo (and at least one who downright hates it) are interested in it. Gonna be so effin massive.

exactly, I can't believe how many people come in every day and pre-order this game, people that aren't even Halo fans are demanding it.

Dude I literally am having to turn people away that are trying to get legendary's and systems and it sucks.

preordering a game you dont like ? or dont want ?

it is rather weird to me ...

I did it, no bullshit. Want to know why?

Marketing. Plus I said I didn't like the franchise. Not this particular game. When I saw the commercial, and the Amazon deal, and read what all the game has in it, I pulled the trigger on that bitch.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Serious_frusting said:

yawn.

Link or it didnt happen

Doobie_wop said:

EB Games Point Cook, EB Games Werribee and EB Games Highpoint are all taking Halo: Reach pre-orders =/

EB Games is essentially the Australian version of Gamestop. Sorry dude, must be just North American or something.

It's just the special editions that are sold out.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Doobie_wop said:

EB Games Point Cook, EB Games Werribee and EB Games Highpoint are all taking Halo: Reach pre-orders =/

EB Games is essentially the Australian version of Gamestop. Sorry dude, must be just North American or something.

It's just the special editions that are sold out.

Sorry, the first few pages are kinda confusing.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752