By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - God Didn't Create Universe

...if something is able to come from nothing, then I'm never taking physics.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

thats odd...what i read said that he only said god isnt necessary to create the universe not that he explicitly didnt.

Which is a good point, not that many theists will take that tack.

dtewi said:

...if something is able to come from nothing, then I'm never taking physics.

Most physics won't deal with the beginning of the universe to be fair.

so confirmed?

Remind me a debate on french TV with Yves Coppens and Hubert Reeves.

With the same fact they reach to the agreement that god exist because actually every forces (gravitation, and also electro magnetic and nuclear one) and elements weight (neutrons,  electrons...) are so fine tunes to make the life possible that he could hardly be a matter of luck. If the electrons weight was just little lighter or heavier then the particles can't assemble to create molecules, stars, planets, galaxies and life.

Just they agreed (and think so to) that god is not as most actual religion think as a entity that is watching over the earth but something much bigger.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Around the Network

Concerning Hawking and Einstein's beliefs, they never believed in any Christian God... Einstein, for sure, was a deist, who believed that the Universe itself was God. When Hawking speaks of God, he does so in a similar fashion.

"Spontaneous creation is the reason why..."

Spontaneous isn't a reason.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
iasta said:

Remind me a debate on french TV with Yves Coppens and Hubert Reeves.

With the same fact they reach to the agreement that god exist because actually every forces (gravitation, and also electro magnetic and nuclear one) and elements weight (neutrons,  electrons...) are so fine tunes to make the life possible that he could hardly be a matter of luck. If the electrons weight was just little lighter or heavier then the particles can't assemble to create molecules, stars, planets, galaxies and life.

Just they agreed (and think so to) that god is not as most actual religion think as a entity that is watching over the earth but something much bigger.

Thats where you come up against the anthropic principle. If the universe didn't have the perfect constants that allow it to form galaxies and such then we wouldn't exist to observe it. There may be countless imperfect universes without life, but they will never be observed.

42 is God. If there weren't any god, 42 would be just a number like any else.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ManusJustus said:

strunge said:

it's not big news because it doesn't add anything new to the scenario.  physicists and aetheists have been claiming that the universe can exist by nature solely for years, so it isn't "new"s just because one more person says it because he has a greater visibility.

For what its worth, Stephen Hawking understands the universe better than almost everyone on Earth.

For what its worth, Stephen Hawking can't play basketball. =P

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com