By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Found These Back to Back Nintendo and Sony Thoughts From A Stocks Blog

• Nintendo Shortage Wii-lly hurts Company  

• Posted Dec 03 2007, 05:13 AM by Kim Peterson
  • Rating:

I was shopping at a Best Buy in San Jose yesterday and here's what I found:

Stacks of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles. When I asked where the Wiis were, a saleswoman gave a small snort and shook her head. The store was out.

It's a common scenario across the country, and in Other parts of the world. A year after its release, the console that many expected would be in third place has become a hit of such proportions that people are still lining up overnight to buy one. I've had a Wii since its launch, and spent a good chunk of the weekend playing Super Mario Galaxy. This console definitely holds up over time....

• Sony Screws Up Again with New PS3 

Sony makes some historic blunders. One of the biggest was making digital music players that wouldn't play MP3s , the most popular digital music format. Those devices played Sony's own ATRAC format, which the company killed a few months ago. Sony hasn't learned from its mistakes. Consider the PlayStation 3 , the too-expensive game console that hasn't become the hit the company wanted. Sony's finally selling a cheaper PS3 in the U.S., just in time for the holidays. It'll cost $400, but will have only 40 gigabytes of storage -- half that of the standard version, which is getting a price cut to $500 from $600. That's fine. Some people don't need more than 40 gigs anyway in a video game system. But get this: the cheap PS3 won't play games made for the PlayStation 2 . That feature is called backward compatibility, and it's a dealbreaker. A typical PlayStation 2 owner probably has a nice library of video games. The new PS3 won't play any of them. It's not that Sony doesn't know how to add backward...

• BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
    COD MW Reflex 541192229709
    Around the Network

Wow... that must be one heck of a large Best Buy! The Best Buys in this area typically have about 3-5 360s and 3-5 PS3s in stock.

And as you indicated, the Wiis are *always* sold out. Wish I owned a big chunk of Nintendo stock...

where do you live man,around me they usually have up to 5 max for ps3 and 360(because not enough room)and wii is always sold out,i have never seen a wii at best buy

WOW 40GB Ps3 has NO PS2 BC

Wow fresh news guys///fresh news

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

I have a feeling it will be news to a lot of holiday buyers, the BC part that is.

Around the Network

Sorry, I meant, where's this blog located at? I don't see a source.

found it: http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2007/12/03/nintendo-shortage-wii-lly-hurts-company.aspx

@WoW: no need to be so insulting, I just prefer people start posting their sources for information if its not written by them. It helps to have something for verification in case someone attempt to mislead the forum into another flame war. (not saying this blog post would incite such, but good habits need to take root first) 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

FishyJoe said:
    I have a feeling it will be news to a lot of holiday buyers, the BC part that is.

yeah alot of casuals dont know about it yet

takkxyz said:
    What's your source?

The source is here

BC is nothing ....

u buy PS3 to play Unchartred/Ratchet/CoD4/AC, not PS2 games !

if you think the PS3 still lake of games then u buy a Xbox360, or a Wii, or u wait ...

Time to Work !

I did not write those article, it was on a Stocks Blog. Just thought it was was funny those came up back to back.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
    COD MW Reflex 541192229709