By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Cooking Mama surpassed 1 million units in Europe alone

Milton Keynes, 6th December – 505 Games today raised a glass as the European sales of its celebrated Cooking Mama franchise surpassed one million units. Released initially on Nintendo DS and later for Wii, the series becomes 505 Games’ most successful title to date.

Since its September 2006 release, Mama has sliced, chopped and sautéed her way into the hearts of casual and hardcore gamers alike with her unique and easily accessible ‘hands-on’ gameplay. And with plans for the much-anticipated sequel to be released in 2008 in full motion, budding chefs keen to serve up seconds won’t have long to wait.

Source :

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=31304 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

Does that mean DS and Wii sales combined?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
Does that mean DS and Wii sales combined?

Yes, Cooking Mama franchise. Cooking Mama 2 will be launched in early 2008.

I'm thinking about the insanely huge profit that this game made to publisher 505.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Suprisingly, Cooking Mama was a good game. I enjoyed it. Just goes to show that an original idea, if done well, can still be a success in this day and age. Just like the Wii and the DS showed that people aren't afraid of something new and different. Many embrace it.

d21lewis said:
Suprisingly, Cooking Mama was a good game. I enjoyed it. Just goes to show that an original idea, if done well, can still be a success in this day and age. Just like the Wii and the DS showed that people aren't afraid of something new and different. Many embrace it.

Cooking Mama's on my list too. So many games to buy , so little time.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

Ok I must be in the target group of the Top48 FPS list on gamespot you would have to fry and sautee me to get me play cooking mama.

Not every game is for everyone, but for the curious, it's $19 you won't regret spending.....for the DS. I'm not sure I could see paying for the console versions. Still, if I didn't learn anything else as a kid, I learned this: YOU MUST RESPECT MAMA!

Kyros said:
Ok I must be in the target group of the Top48 FPS list on gamespot you would have to fry and sautee me to get me play cooking mama.

Some people like rice and beans everyday and other's like buffet.  As long as you get what you want... who cares? 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

"As long as you get what you want... who cares?"

Hey I have no problem with Cooking Mama. I didn't say it was a bad game or anything. You are completely correct each to his own.