By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why PS Move will fail

Jumpin said:

By the way, you might be a little disappointed, but the Sony Move actually costs $100 for the starter kit (rather than $40),  $30 for the nun-chuck, and $50 for each additional controller. It will only work with games specifically created for the add-on.

first thing, I'm living in europe, second I already have a PS Eye and third I plan to use the DS3 for movement, so I actually only need to buy a move controller, which is 40€ in europe

I think I'm informed pretty well about the move, but thanks for your concern.

Around the Network

Move won't fail.  Expectations will be appropriately lowered and PR goalposts will be necessarily moved to ensure that doesn't happen.  Just like PSP/PS3.

Jumpin said:

You say that now; but what I am saying is very apparent with users on the largest gaming websites: Gamespot, IGN, Gametrailers, as well as the pro-Sony press, and Sony Computer Entertainment's own president Kaz Hirai.

What I find funny is that these people were all calling the Wii Remote goofy, and that people shouldn't be moving around when playing videogames; and then they came out with a much goofier controller, and it's suddenly alright.

I still agree 99% of games I don't want to move around yet if Move is good enough to be  a mouse subsitute for games like RTS  on the couch then I will buy.  Wii-mote wasn't a good mouse sub but rather works more like a light gun.

I care for Move only as a couch mouse.

jarrod said:

Move won't fail.  Expectations will be appropriately lowered and PR goalposts will be necessarily moved to ensure that doesn't happen.  Just like PSP/PS3.

Excellent stealth trolling.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

JerzeeBalla said:
jarrod said:

that was stealthy?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I say it will fail! I might reconsider if Sony leans me a little money and a Move system for myself....

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Ajescent said:
JerzeeBalla said:
jarrod said:

that was stealthy?

I wouldn't say so.  But it's also true.  The best trolling usually is.

And are usually unnecessary...but whatever...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:

And are usually unnecessary...but whatever...

Good thing I'm directly on topic. <3

Ajescent said:
JerzeeBalla said:
jarrod said:

that was stealthy?

Well its a sneak attack. They will see "Move wont fail" and assume all is well, then read on and get clobbered.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.