By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why PS Move will fail

Slimebeast said:
Cthulhu said:
Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Slimebeast said:
Mr Khan said:

First off, Move is primarily not intended to combat Kinect at all. Move is a defensive measure against Nintendo. Move does have the advantage of servicing the existing userbase of its console far more than Kinect does, but the reason is its primarily positioned to give PS3 owners no good reason to buy a Wii (which it may or may not succeed at, since Nintendo's shown that their own motion control is often peripheral to creating killer apps), but the kind of games appearing there are to counter that, which is why we're seeing them push it in to more traditional experiences, or see EA create that exact clone experience of PGA Tour on Wii to PGA Tour here.

That's not how I see it at all. The Sixaxis was Sony's attempt to defend against Nintendo. Move is their desperate attempt to combat Kinect.

Why is it 'desperate"? cuz it was downgraded suddenly to make it affordable? nope that was kinect

cuz it have no games? nope it has more games than kinect..and more veriety too, go check the line up

cuz it doesn't work properly? nope all hands on previews have clealrly said it works the best among the motion controllers out in the market so far..way better than kinect as of now at least

Does it not deliver on what it promised? Nope it does everything it said it would do and does them well..I can't really say the same for kinect as of now

So why? Do explain...I do not comprehend this line of thought of terms used by some of you such as 'rushed product' ...'desperate' . If anyone is bringing out such a product then it would be MS

Desperate doesn't necessaily mean a rushed product. I never said that. I know that Move is accurate, has almost no lag and it does it's thing, but the whole project feels so forced and halfhearted. It feels so "me too". I honestly believe that Sony didn't want to get dragged into a motion control war but they felt forced to. Sony themselves don't believe in Move. 

The Move software lineup is large but, and I mean no disrespect here, it's all a bunch of shovelware. I see no enthusiasm among Sony fans over any Move title (except maybe a tiny little bit for that Sorcery game, but we're talking about a game that will move 250K copies, if even that).

I am not writing this out of fanboyism. There's no damage control or hidden agendas.

Shovelware??? Really M8? All of them? No you are not a fanboy. i am with you

It's my honest opinion. Except Sorcery. Sorcery seems to be a quality game but it's also small and insignificant.

To try to increase my credibility a little, I'm a guy who consistently says that Sony will finish this gen ahead of Microsoft and that the PS3 exclusive library is better than Xbox 360 despite me being a big Xbox fanboy.

Fair enough then.

Around the Network

Cthulu, check out my edited post.

if PS move's games are shovelware then whats Kinect's ? controller free shovelware?

also stop ignoring my posts! >_<

Edit : Yes you, the person who are reading this

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
Severance said:

Can some of the 360 guys explain me how Move is an answer to kinect when we heard about "PS Motion" almost half a year before we heard rumors about "Project Natal" ? and then they were announced with only one day in between? are you guys saying that Sony made Move in just one day just because they're scared shitless of the mighty kinect?

besides not to mention how the idea of the "PS Wand" dates back to 2004 or something?

some of you guys are just oblivious on common sense.

my posts always get ignored.

i'm i too harsh on my use of words?

Maybe Sony heard rumors of Microsoft developing Minority Report motion controls so they felt forced to finally get out their own "PS wand" project as a counter measure.

Slimebeast said:
Severance said:
Severance said:

Can some of the 360 guys explain me how Move is an answer to kinect when we heard about "PS Motion" almost half a year before we heard rumors about "Project Natal" ? and then they were announced with only one day in between? are you guys saying that Sony made Move in just one day just because they're scared shitless of the mighty kinect?

besides not to mention how the idea of the "PS Wand" dates back to 2004 or something?

Maybe Sony heard rumors of Microsoft developing Minority Report motion controls so they felt forced to finally get out their own "PS wand" project as a counter measure.

Maybe? so your basing facts on things you are not sure about? , i mean i can say "maybe" Nintendo heard atari are making a Zelda game but Nintendo came out and made it their own. yeah its not true but i am assuming this so its a fact.

also yay my posts no longer ignored.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
Severance said:

if PS move's games are shovelware then whats Kinect's ? controller free shovelware?

also stop ignoring my posts! >_<

Correct, most of the Kinect games are controller free shovelware. But no one claimed those were going to attract hardcore gamers, right?

And Dance Central and the Ubisoft fitness game aren't really shovelware, or at least they don't seem to be. These two are the key titles to attract the casuals in the first 6 months.

Kinectimals probably is shovelware but it doesn't matter because small children don't understand that.

Severance said:

if PS move's games are sh

Severance said:
Slimebeast said:
Severance said:
Severance said:

Maybe? so your basing facts on things you are not sure about? , i mean i can say "maybe" Nintendo heard atari are making a Zelda game but Nintendo came out and made it their own. yeah its not true but i am assuming this so its a fact.

also yay my posts no longer ignored.

Well what can I do? I can only speculate and guess when I don't have any facts.

I have to agree with the TC for slightly different reasons though. Its just too late. Barely anyone is gonna buy a PS3 just because of move when the wii has been out for eons with a better track record for motion controlled games. At best, move will sell to curious current ps3 owners...that's about it. PS3 already has a reputation (important at this time in the gen) and its not for motion controlled games.

Kinect seems to be getting dumbed down the more I hear about it. We'll see how that one turns out

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Slimebeast said:
Cthulhu said:
Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Slimebeast said:
Mr Khan said:

First off, Move is primarily not intended to combat Kinect at all. Move is a defensive measure against Nintendo. Move does have the advantage of servicing the existing userbase of its console far more than Kinect does, but the reason is its primarily positioned to give PS3 owners no good reason to buy a Wii (which it may or may not succeed at, since Nintendo's shown that their own motion control is often peripheral to creating killer apps), but the kind of games appearing there are to counter that, which is why we're seeing them push it in to more traditional experiences, or see EA create that exact clone experience of PGA Tour on Wii to PGA Tour here.

That's not how I see it at all. The Sixaxis was Sony's attempt to defend against Nintendo. Move is their desperate attempt to combat Kinect.

Why is it 'desperate"? cuz it was downgraded suddenly to make it affordable? nope that was kinect

cuz it have no games? nope it has more games than kinect..and more veriety too, go check the line up

cuz it doesn't work properly? nope all hands on previews have clealrly said it works the best among the motion controllers out in the market so far..way better than kinect as of now at least

Does it not deliver on what it promised? Nope it does everything it said it would do and does them well..I can't really say the same for kinect as of now

So why? Do explain...I do not comprehend this line of thought of terms used by some of you such as 'rushed product' ...'desperate' . If anyone is bringing out such a product then it would be MS

Desperate doesn't necessaily mean a rushed product. I never said that. I know that Move is accurate, has almost no lag and it does it's thing, but the whole project feels so forced and halfhearted. It feels so "me too". I honestly believe that Sony didn't want to get dragged into a motion control war but they felt forced to. Sony themselves don't believe in Move. 

The Move software lineup is large but, and I mean no disrespect here, it's all a bunch of shovelware. I see no enthusiasm among Sony fans over any Move title (except maybe a tiny little bit for that Sorcery game, but we're talking about a game that will move 250K copies, if even that).

I am not writing this out of fanboyism. There's no damage control or hidden agendas.

Shovelware??? Really M8? All of them? No you are not a fanboy. i am with you

It's my honest opinion. Except Sorcery. Sorcery seems to be a quality game but it's also small and insignificant. (btw for clarification, I mean the Move-only titles, not Move supported games like Socom, GT5 and Killzone). Can u rank the Move lineup? Name your top 5 or something and we can analise their quality and hype.

To try to increase my credibility a little, I'm a guy who consistently says that Sony will finish this gen ahead of Microsoft and that the PS3 exclusive library is better than Xbox 360 despite me being a big Xbox and Microsoft fanboy.

Face palm!

shovelware? REALLY? You're joking right? I mean you casually ignore games like Socom 4, Echochrome 2, Sorcery (which is btw a full fledged game, I don't understand where you get this small and insignificant  from), The Fight, Heroes on the Move, Time Crisis etc. Compared to the competitions launch line up this is way way way better in turms of quality and heck even quantity.

I can't for the life of me understand why you would use the 'me too' argument against move but not for kinect? it's motion control that came after wii and Eyetoy.

Again why do you think it's FORCED? It's a good hw that works vs kinect that still has a lot to prove for itself. So the ofrced one here is Kinect if we follow your logic.

ANd btw let's not talk about how many copes Sorcery will move (which btw I will quote you on it)....it will move way way way more copies than that...I will even place a bet with you for it...but given how much crow you ate with HR I suggest you don't take the bet

And also saying "I am not writing this out of fanboyism. There's no damage control or hidden agendas." doesn't really make it the truth...just like how saying 'maybe' sony found out about MS and brought out the Move. Because lets face it, one is working great, the other still has many problems to iron out. So if anything MS hand was forced, doesn't matter HOW you try to spin it. Kinect was forced and rushed..it even had to drop the chip and the sw has many issues according to previews such as notciebale lag.

Let's face it here, Move is getting very nice support from 1st party and 3rd party. Kinect line up is fileld with shovelware with lil to no veriety imo...very little support for the hardcore too. Will it sell? yep...will Move be a failure? No way in hell

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!