By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-order Chart 21st August

Seece said:
Slimebeast said:

Kinect at 91K is good for preorders but wasnt there rumors of already 1 million Kinect preorders ww? Or did I just made that up?

There is a difference between retailer pre orders and consumer pre orders.

Seen as Kinect is targeted at the same people as wii, you'll also notice wii and it's games don't get very high pre orders, it's the type of userbase that doesn't pre order.

Oh, thanks for xplaining. That makes sense. And I agree about the different demografix.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
steverhcp02 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

I've said it millions of times and I'll say it again.....GT5 will Not, I repeat not sell more than 10 million!!!

Who ever says that is insane, I expect 2-4 million WW sales, but this is also my prediction for Fable 3

Kinect looks like it will be a big hit, Everyone I met seems interested in this little device

I would literally bet you both of my testicles it sells more that that by 2011

Besides the fact that he's calling ioi "insane" as well.

And his prediction of 2-4 million is beyond laughable on the basis that the Prologue has already done that. Never mind that this is a franchise that has yet to sell under 5 million on console.

Also, I agree for the most part on your feelings about Move, though unlike many in here, I don't have a doom and gloom on my mind. Like you, I too think Move is the better device, but acknowledge that it'll probably take off slower than Kinect. When the dust settles, however, Move may be the better selling product. Only time can tell.

I agree on the long term viability. I just wonder how easy it will be for it to find its footing. There really is  alot to be said for a single price, even if it is higher. 

I just worry that by the time really compelling software comes out, Heroes on th eMove, Sorcery, KZ3, RC All 4 One it may be too late.

Not to mention the fact Kinect is really being billed as hardware it leaves room for Price cuts to promote future sales. Since the move isnt, i wonder how they will continue to increase demand via price points in the futre to give itself sustained growth long term, besides the bundle with the console.

CGI-Quality said:
steverhcp02 said:

I agree on the long term viability. I just wonder how easy it will be for it to find its footing. There really is  alot to be said for a single price, even if it is higher. 

I just worry that by the time really compelling software comes out, Heroes on th eMove, Sorcery, KZ3, RC All 4 One it may be too late.

Not to mention the fact Kinect is really being billed as hardware it leaves room for Price cuts to promote future sales. Since the move isnt, i wonder how they will continue to increase demand via price points in the futre to give itself sustained growth long term, besides the bundle with the console.

If what I observed at Best Buy and GameStop yesterday is anything to go by, Move may be in for a decent holiday, with a bigger rush for the product in 2011. People I talk to (though of course this is anecdotal) say they are really interested in Move, some more so than Kinect. Now, I think Kinect will have a Wii-like effect, it will sell to those looking for fresh experiences, thus pushing more consoles than Move. But as a single device, I think Move will take the win overall in the long run.

I sure hope youre right just based on my software preference. 

Better doesn't always equal success. The PS3 is the best console on the market from a Hardware point of view but it is in 3rd place. PSP is the better technology but it is getting killed. Last Gen Xbox was the best console and it could not compete. 

The move is the better product lets just hope it sells better than its predecessors. 

If Reach maintains the 30k above CoD MW2 each week, it will reach 2 million preorders!

Around the Network

I can't imagine Move outselling Kinect. Move has no real selling point. Not many hardcore gamers will buy either product but the casuals are going to choose Kinect because it feels new and exciting, easy and logical.

PS3 will beat the X360 in console sales this gen though, but that's for different reasons.

All I ever see from certain people is "Move will sell better in the long run, it'll have legs (yeah heard that before) with little to nothing to back it up other than wishful thinking.

If Kinect has a huge launch that means it can't have legs? (you know like Wii) but when something enters the race relatively slow it'll have legs?

At least in terms of HW, legs are very very different to those a game has.

More than likely Kinect will have legs, based on the fact it's targetted at current 360 owners AND a new audience, an audience I might add Move will struggle immensly to sell to.

I hear a lot of about "the core are REALLY interested in Move" and "oh the core hate Kinect." TBH I'm seeing a bit of both on both sides of the fence.

Again, people think this launch line up determines the lifecycle of each device, because move has core games it appeals to the core? Yeah that's fair enough, but Kinect will have core titles too, then what?

At the end of the day, Move was done 4 years ago at a lower price, and was targetted at a big untapped audience. Kinect has the advantage of being new, being cheaper than PSMove, albeit I admit it's still to high compared to Wii, and appealing to that huge market.

Of course I could be wrong, but given the vibes Sony have given off on how the feel about Move, it doesn't sound like they have much faith in it, or is in the long plan for them, unlike Kinect and Microsoft's attitude towards it, the difference is night and day.

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:

All I ever see from certain people is "Move will sell better in the long run, it'll have legs (yeah heard that before) with little to nothing to back it up other than wishful thinking.

If Kinect has a huge launch that means it can't have legs? (you know like Wii) but when something enters the race relatively slow it'll have legs?

At least in terms of HW, legs are very very different to those a game has.

More than likely Kinect will have legs, based on the fact it's targetted at current 360 owners AND a new audience, an audience I might add Move will struggle immensly to sell to.

I hear a lot of about "the core are REALLY interested in Move" and "oh the core hate Kinect." TBH I'm seeing a bit of both on both sides of the fence.

Again, people think this launch line up determines the lifecycle of each device, because move has core games it appeals to the core? Yeah that's fair enough, but Kinect will have core titles too, then what?

At the end of the day, Move was done 4 years ago and a lower price, and was targetted at a big untapped audience. Kinect has the advantage of being new, being cheaper than PSMove, albeit I admit it's still to high compared to Wii, and appealing to that huge market.

Of course I could be wrong, but given the vibes Sony have given off on how the feel about Move, it doesn't sound like they have much faith in it, or is in the long plan for them, unlike Kinect and Microsoft's attitude towards it, the difference is night and day.

I think you misinterpret some of what you hear/read. Just because some say Move will win out in the long run doesn't mean Kinect won't have legs. I personally think Kinect will sell more 360's than Move sells PS3s, but I think on their own, Move will sell better.

Now of course Kinect has advantages, like being something new and fresh, which works out sometimes (ala HEAVY RAIN), but could also take a back seat to something "traditional". Either case is possible and both sides are expressing wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with that.

Nah I'm seeing a lot of "Move will beat Kinect because it'll have legs" to me it's indicating Kinect will be frontloaded and then tail off (I mean how can something that's frontloaded AND have legs be beaten by something that just has legs?

Like I said, Move will have to sell a high ratio to current owners vs the 360 to beat it, given Kinect is going to spur on more HW purchases thus leading to Kinect units sold.

It's clear most people's sentiments about why Move will be better is because Kinect is the way it is, not because of it's games. Fact is though, most of those people thought the same about the Wii.

I would like to wishful think, too.   I feels left out!

toadslayer72 said:
irtz said:

whats with halo vs gt5 or any other game vs gt5 ? gt5 is a racing game its not adventure,shooter or rpg that  people are comparing with halo,mw2,fable,kinect or any other game compare it with racing game 

I see you are new here, these types of comparisons are made a lot. It's not about genres, it's about sales of top franchises because this is a sales site. Many of the PS3 fanboys have been saying that GT5 is going to be massive and all the 360 fanboys have been saying that Reach is going to be massive. So when it looks like one is beating the other then you are gonna get the gloating. It's a way to say my dick is bigger than yours in nerd world, many of us here are guilty of it.

but v should compare a racing game sale with racing game not a diffrent genre