By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name an underrated game

MrT-Tar said:
huaxiong90 said:
thso said:

I'm surprised no one has listed Valkyria Chronicles here yet, loved that game and it got a lot less sales than it deserved. Also would agree about demon's souls being very underrated.

I'm just happy Valkyria Chronicles is the second best-selling JRPG this gen.

Definitely agree about Demon's Souls, though.

?

Pokémon Diamond / Pearl Version (DS)
Nintendo
6.59 6.00 4.96 17.55
Pokémon Heart Gold / Soul Silver Version(DS)
Nintendo
2.61 3.86 2.13 8.60
Pokémon Platinum Version (DS)
Nintendo
2.63 2.64 1.76 7.03
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (DS)
Nintendo
0.18 4.33 0.19 4.70
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Square Enix
1.12 1.85 1.24 4.21
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS)
Nintendo
1.66 0.78 0.31 2.75
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
Square Enix
1.11 0.80 0.58 2.49
Final Fantasy III (DS)
Square Enix
0.84 1.07 0.42 2.33
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (DS)
Square Enix
0.23 1.49 0.00 1.72
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (DS)
Nintendo
0.73 0.48 0.34 1.55
Final Fantasy XIII (X360)
Square Enix
0.81 0.00 0.68 1.49
Pokémon Battle Revolution (Wii)
Nintendo
0.80 0.31 0.34 1.45
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen(DS)
Square Enix
0.18 1.25 0.00 1.43
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS)
Square Enix
0.09 1.33 0.00 1.42
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie (DS)
Unknown
0.00 1.33 0.00 1.33
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (DS)
Unknown
0.00 1.20 0.00 1.20
Final Fantasy IV (DS)
Square Enix
0.43 0.62 0.00 1.05
Chrono Trigger (DS)
Square Enix
0.44 0.49 0.10 1.03
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Sega
0.58 0.24 0.10 0.92

I've probably missed out a couple as well

Even if you discount the ports/remake, and add the FFXIII together, VC is nowhere near the 2nd best selling JRPG this gen

On the HD twins. I should've been more careful with my posting. -_- I tend to forget to do that. Not that I don't care about the Wii, PSP or DS, mind you, I just meant on the HD twins, I'm glad it's the second best selling.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
dystopia said:

Alundra ~ A really good PS1 RPG that everyone looks over.

I was about to say Alundra 2. 

ehem

Alundra 2, Beyond the Beyond, Mega man Legends series.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

huaxiong90 said:
MrT-Tar said:
huaxiong90 said:
thso said:

I'm surprised no one has listed Valkyria Chronicles here yet, loved that game and it got a lot less sales than it deserved. Also would agree about demon's souls being very underrated.

?

long list

Even if you discount the ports/remake, and add the FFXIII together, VC is nowhere near the 2nd best selling JRPG this gen

On the HD twins. I should've been more careful with my posting. -_- I tend to forget to do that. Not that I don't care about the Wii, PSP or DS, mind you, I just meant on the HD twins, I'm glad it's the second best selling.

ahh O.K, that's fine.

VC far exceeded my expectations sales wise, hopefully the sequel will do well in the West.  If it is anything like the original it truly deserves all the sales it gets

Cheebee said:

Sorry, no, I was definitely talking about Bomberman Hero, Second Attack never came out here in Europe, as far as I know...  And I'm not taking it back! The game sucked! Especially after the charmingly great Bomberman 64.

How dare you, sir! Bomberman Hero perfected the gameplay from Bomberman 64, adding exciting enemies, cool gadgets, and overall amazingness. Bomberman 64 was good, but Bomberman Hero was just a bit better.

MrT-Tar said:
huaxiong90 said:
MrT-Tar said:
huaxiong90 said:
thso said:

?

long list

ahh O.K, that's fine.

VC far exceeded my expectations sales wise, hopefully the sequel will do well in the West.  If it is anything like the original it truly deserves all the sales it gets

To make the post longer (by qouting all the above), I really loved VC, bought it just randomly not really knowing what to expect out it and was very much surprised at how good it was. I believe it deserves more sales, but i could say the same about Heavy Rain, and yeah hopefully the sequel is as good or better but i would've loved to have seen it on the ps3 again instead of psp. Guess i better start dusting off the good old psp in anticipation for it