By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KZ3 Multiplayer - 26 facts from Gamescom !!!

Game Modes

• There are three game modes: Warzone, Operations, and Guerrilla Warfare. Operations is brand new.

Key Goals

• It's all about your play style, everyone from casual to veteran can play.
  • There are colossal and immersive experiences that only the PS3 can offer.
  • Rewritten matchmaking system. Now easier to find friends.
  • Specific rewards. There's always something to earn no matter how many times you play the same level.
  • Bots are bigger and better than ever before.
  • Stay with your friends going game to game. There's just three simple and straightforward to getting into each multiplayer  game.
  • There's now a squad priority headset channel.
  • There's now a squad member HUD.
  • There are special squad rewards.
  • The multiplayer is designed to be immersive and story driven!

Entirely Reworked Career System

• There asre five different careers/classes.
  • There are six weapons per career.
  • You can rank up and earn unlock points to select abilities and weapons.

New Medic Class Abilities

• The Medic has been revamped. Has a protector bot that follows him around.
  • The Medic special ability called 'Survive Bleed Out'. He Can respawn right where he died.

Tactical Spawn Points

• New tactical spawn points can be claimed by Tacticians. These allow your team to spawn in better locations. Extremely useful on bigger maps and for ambushing/rushing to weapons. These can be claimed back by the other team if not held.

Spotlight Your Character

• If you score the most points/are the most valuable team member, your multiplayer character features in the cut-scenes so everyone knows it was you.
  • Explosive events now affect entire levels. EMP that kills all jet packs etc. Nerve gas that blocks off certain areas of map.

3D/Move

• Full 3D and Move support. No compromises for multiplayer.

Website

• Fully integrated community website.
  • Track friends' news first.
  • Contribute to the Killzone franchise.
  • Track rewards.

Tournaments

• Clans and tournaments are back - bigger and better than ever.
  • Unranked practice games are included.

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/3997/gamescom-2010-killzone-3-26-new-mp-details

MP Trailer from Gamescom -

Around the Network

Sounds more streamlined than Killzone 2.  For me, the jury is still out.  Sounds a little promsing though. 

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

impressive

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

KylieDog said:

Sounds a lot better than KZ2.   Hopefully it will not have such terrible map design though.

I loved KZ2. One of my favorite multiplayer games ever. In my top 5.

I wonder how big the maps are going to be if they have vehicles, jetpacks and mechs.  I would assume pretty big.   Also,  are the matches still going to be up to 32 players or more?

Around the Network

That sounds impressive...and we have such a long way to go too..it will keep getting better

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Sounds promising so far.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

If the multiplayer is as good as the first one I am sold. This is going to be the only multiplayer game I'm going to be playing all year next year!

Check these brand spanking new screenshots

For the rest of it go to either one of these two links

http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http://www.videogameszone.de/Killzone-3-PS3-234312/News/Killzone-3-fuer-PS3-im-Multiplayer-Hands-On-Test-768406/&sl=de&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/4003/gamescom-2010-brand-new-killzone-3-mp-screens

These are all MultiPlayer screenshots btw

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

GodOfWar_3ever said:
  • The Medic special ability called 'Survive Bleed Out'. He Can respawn right where he died.

Modern Warfare 2 already has that ability! Except its usually known as getting spawn killed. muhuahaha.

On topic: Just 3 game modes kinda worries me, hopefully all 3 are fun, because even if just 1 of the 3 modes sucks ass then that only leaves you with 2 to play and that would get boring quick.

They said shit about bots, I sure hope that means you can have offline battles against bots like in Killzone 1, that would be fantastic.