By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix Announces New Game for the DS, The Word Ends With You

http://www.videogamer.com/news/05-12-2007-7042.html

DS gets first Square Enix game set in modern times

The Word Ends With You given spring 2008 release in PAL territories.

Square Enix has today announced the spring 2008 release of The World Ends With You, a new Nintendo DS title set in modern day Japan from the creators of Kingdom Hearts.

Described as in innovative title that aims to fully utilise the capabilities of the Nintendo DS, the game takes major influences from Japan's modern day culture including its people, music, clothes, food and design. It's the first game from Square Enix set in modern times.

The game begins with lead character Neku waking up to a phone message stating he has only one week before he will cease to exist unless he completes a certain mission. He'll have to rely on the coolest fashions, friends and fighting skills to survive.

The game will also feature a host of wireless functionality, with players able to share fashion items with friends over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, play action-packed mini-games with up to three friends and engage in the Chance Encounter mode which will share data with other game users that they bump into in the real world.

Look out for The World Ends With You in 2008.

Around the Network

Woot. Its a Wonderful World.

Good to see it will be heading out of Japan.

I'm sure ckmlb and naz are overjoyed.

What about America ??

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

@Fishyjoe

How the hell did you manage to post this news before Soriku?

Looks interesting tho :)

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

ya, it isnt a new game but good news nevertheless.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Is it "the world" or "the word?" Both FishyJoe and the article seem confused on this subject. I assume "the world?"

yay!!!! And btw i'm pretty sure it's "The World" not "The Word", it doesn't even make sense lol!

from the makers of kingdom hearts?! I gotta get this game!
is it an RPG or something?

God From the Machine

gamingdevil said:
yay!!!! And btw i'm pretty sure it's "The World" not "The Word", it doesn't even make sense lol!

Of course it makes sense. "The Word Ends With You" was the new Stephen Colbert game that was delayed because of the Writer's Strike.

Great news! Finally Square Enix paying some attention to us PAL gamers!