By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Nikells said:

Right: I'm off for a while guys.
I realise I'm on the ropes now but please consider the follow:

1) Hatmoza says he belives I'm most likely to be the SK: yet he wants to lynch me rather than cure me.
2) Hatmoza has ignored my last question concerning any proof of the legitimacy of his S name list.

I'm also not going to be able to make a miraculous roleclaim at the last minute and save myself: if you're going to lynch me you're making a mistake you can't take back once you know my true role.

What the hell? If you were really town you'd at least go out giving the town all the info you could to help out after your death.

Your attitude sounds really childish and has finished convincing me voting for you is a good thing.

Unvote Vetteman

Vote Nikells

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Guys, I think we might just be able to cure heph AND kill a mafia member (Nikells) in one night ^_^

trust me people. Please.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

TruckOSaurus said:
Nikells said:

1) Hatmoza says he belives I'm most likely to be the SK: yet he wants to lynch me rather than cure me.
2) Hatmoza has ignored my last question concerning any proof of the legitimacy of his S name list.

I'm also not going to be able to make a miraculous roleclaim at the last minute and save myself: if you're going to lynch me you're making a mistake you can't take back once you know my true role.

What the hell? If you were really town you'd at least go out giving the town all the info you could to help out after your death.

Your attitude sounds really childish and has finished convincing me voting for you is a good thing.

Unvote Vetteman

Vote Nikells

that is a fair point, from Nikells POV there is nothing he can lose by role claiming, if he doesnt he is set to be lynchned anyway it seems.

@noname

Very intersting find about squilliam but we have bigger fish to fry right now!

We can worry about the rest of the scum after we lynch Nikells and cure heph tonight.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Nikells said:

What the fuck....

Stop crying and try to help us!

....actually, you being scum and pretending to have a power role and avoid a lynch is much more likely.

UNVOTE

VOTE: NIKELLS

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

@ theProof: might as well come out with it. 

Also, it seems nikells really is desperate, huh? 

As it stands i think he has 4 votes for him. 

With me it'll be Five. Vote - Nikells

Anyways, I have no more questions for hatmoza. THE DOCTOR BETTER PROTECT HEPH TONIGHT. Or j0 will bitch slap someone. I'm convinced that trucko is pro-town, considering his weird stance (when I say weird is that, while you would be against it, he's totally for the plan.) 

I'm not gonna post for a while; got some stuff to do. :P 

edit - "You" is not referring to trucko, just to someone in general. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

hatmoza said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Vetteman94 said:

How is his elaborate theory any better than the other that has been laid out in his opposition?  

Hell I'll play the speculation game for a minute here.  It seems the Gods are pro-town,  its probably a bad assumption but i think its true at least some of them are,  so why and how would he be able to turn a character to aid the very people Kratos seeks for revenge?  And he claims to be someone who also plots against those very Gods

Posting from work, I haven't read to whole thread yet but there was something in this post I wanted to go back on before I forget.

In this post Vetteman is saying "It seems the Gods are pro-town", why would he have to make this an assumption? ANSWER: He's not a God (or he's a dissident God) and he's trying to figure out who the "pro-towns" are so he can like he's one of them. Add to that his jumpy behavior after hatmoza's defense and he's earned my vote.

Vote: Vetteman94

I agree with this.

However, read the above posts and convince us you're not the Kratos. And if you are, maybe we can arrange for you to be a vigilante still!

I personally want it to be Heph >:[ I'll have so much pleasure in lynching him

Okay two points I what to bring up before the day is over since I might not be there tomorrow to raise them again:

- I still think my point about Vetteman is valid, once the Kratos situation is cleared we should look into this.

- supermario's contribution to Day Two was basically a recap post, I smell scum or at least a lurker.

Signature goes here!

This I'm going to say once and only once, and it's going to be long, so don't respond til you read everything.

Nikells is making a very strong argument and I'm very tempted to unvote.

Here is why.

It is becoming less and less likely that we will get the SK. We might end up killing him instead.

When hat divulged the guide message, and subsequently his outrage at skipping over another name, I thought it was too simple that he could have made the error. So, instead, I believe he got a different hint, one that would definitely limit the possibilities to ONLY 2 people.

The hint would have been something like the SKs name begins with N. In that respect, he could overlap the two. He is actually searching for someone whose name begins with N, while we are focused on truck heph and nikells, his list is atually something like nikells, noname, and nen-suer. In this respect, he can still eliminate one of the possible people while at the same time giving mafia a red herring of people to kill. While he's trying to cure, say, nen-suer, the mafia will target hephestos. 

However, names beginning with N have 3 people, so that might not be it. After a thorough examination of possible name connections Nikells has with others, I have concluded that there is no possible 2-person list unless he was given the exact names. 

So, to that end, my best possible course of action is to lynch someone else that we find suspicious and let hat try and turn them one by one without letting us know which one he is going to be targeting next. We cannot ask him who he is going to target, otherwise it will jeopradize his operation.

At the very most, Hat will be lynched in two days. And at the very least we will be able to protect possible strong players from getting lynched.

Right now, my biggest concern is truckosaurus and here's why:
Kantor was killed by a hit because of the information he editted out of his post "a rather complicated role". The mafia, knowing that he wasn't on their team made him a target, and was killed by a hitman or night mafia vigilane of some kind. Then, Khuutra told truck to simmer down because the day hadn't started yet (though it actually had) and truck obeyed unnerringly. Yet, like nen-suer pointed out, both of them missed the fact that the day had started. For this reason, I feel like Khuutra and truck were in league but additionally, it was because like nen-suer later said, scum tend to "fast-foward" through the posts because they aren't concerned with "looking for clues" as much as others, and only focus on moral triggers like editting.

This doesn't clear nen-suer of course. Nen-suer's quote read "how could both you and khuutra miss that, FoS on both of you". This could have been an indirect way of telling his teammates to pay more attention. So he is still not beyond suspicion.

However, given the nature of the situation we face with the 3 targets ending in S, I believe truck has much more reason for being a scum. The SK is going to die or be turned either way. I say we take out the most obvious candidate.

Also, given the fact that truck's argument was supported by both dtewi and scifiboy is problematic.

We have plenty to lose if nikells role-calls. If two townies become big targets and the mafia has the ability to kill 2 people at night, one murder/one hit, we will lose at least one important person.

But they will have to wait. Read above.

theprof00 said:

This I'm going to say once and only once, and it's going to be long, so don't respond til you read everything.

Nikells is making a very strong argument and I'm very tempted to unvote.

Here is why.

It is becoming less and less likely that we will get the SK. We might end up killing him instead.

When hat divulged the guide message, and subsequently his outrage at skipping over another name, I thought it was too simple that he could have made the error. So, instead, I believe he got a different hint, one that would definitely limit the possibilities to ONLY 2 people.

The hint would have been something like the SKs name begins with N. In that respect, he could overlap the two. He is actually searching for someone whose name begins with N, while we are focused on truck heph and nikells, his list is atually something like nikells, noname, and nen-suer. In this respect, he can still eliminate one of the possible people while at the same time giving mafia a red herring of people to kill. While he's trying to cure, say, nen-suer, the mafia will target hephestos. 

However, names beginning with N have 3 people, so that might not be it. After a thorough examination of possible name connections Nikells has with others, I have concluded that there is no possible 2-person list unless he was given the exact names. 

So, to that end, my best possible course of action is to lynch someone else that we find suspicious and let hat try and turn them one by one without letting us know which one he is going to be targeting next. We cannot ask him who he is going to target, otherwise it will jeopradize his operation.

At the very most, Hat will be lynched in two days. And at the very least we will be able to protect possible strong players from getting lynched.

Right now, my biggest concern is truckosaurus and here's why:
Kantor was killed by a hit because of the information he editted out of his post "a rather complicated role". The mafia, knowing that he wasn't on their team made him a target, and was killed by a hitman or night mafia vigilane of some kind. Then, Khuutra told truck to simmer down because the day hadn't started yet (though it actually had) and truck obeyed unnerringly. Yet, like nen-suer pointed out, both of them missed the fact that the day had started. For this reason, I feel like Khuutra and truck were in league but additionally, it was because like nen-suer later said, scum tend to "fast-foward" through the posts because they aren't concerned with "looking for clues" as much as others, and only focus on moral triggers like editting.

This doesn't clear nen-suer of course. Nen-suer's quote read "how could both you and khuutra miss that, FoS on both of you". This could have been an indirect way of telling his teammates to pay more attention. So he is still not beyond suspicion.

However, given the nature of the situation we face with the 3 targets ending in S, I believe truck has much more reason for being a scum. The SK is going to die or be turned either way. I say we take out the most obvious candidate.

Hmmm... for the first like six paragraphs, it's much simpler to just think that hatmoza made a mistake.

Look, much of what you said about Truck could be coincidental. For example, I hadn't realized day started either. 

Truck doesn't garner as much suspicion as Nikells though.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you