By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

hatmoza said:
c03n3nj0 said:

I'm tired of quoting, so: 

Hatmoza

Well, good job! But I'm not so willing to go with your plan of getting all of those 3 killed. One could possibly be the kratos/another SK but what of the other two? In a themed game it's safe to assume there aren't any townies. Especially when GoW3 tried to not cut off as many players as possible when we were signing up.

My point is that the other two could be important roles we would possibly sacrifice to get kratos. I'm not with that, unless they make clear what they are before they are lynched, but then the mafia would go for them. 

And if any of those 3 are also mafia then we wouldn't be having that problem I guess. Interestign enough it might help 'cause the mafia wouldn't kill themselves if they decide to go with your plan...

Also, hatmoza. What do you make of the way poseidon got killed? If you look at it closely, his killer sounds a lot like Kratos, and the guy that killed Apollo doesn't. 

Anyhow, since it's a waste of time only focusing on one thing at a time I'll also focus the an FoS - theProf00

He's being overly defensive over one little thing about Zeus. He roleclaimes to be Zeus, then makes it apparent he's not zeus, and refuses to answer a simple question of why two times in a row. 

If he had no motives behind doing this then he would have answered the question. But now that he has become so defensive about it (even accusing me of being aggressive, which I wouldn't be if he weren't so darn defensive) that I have come to the conclusion that he has some other motives behind it. He could either be mafia or a SK, and if he's an important pro-town role then excuse me for putting pressure on him. 

Edit - it's supposed to say "I'll also focus on something else with an FoS - theProf00." What I wrote didn't make sense. 

I'm not saying all 3 should be killed, just 2 (with having the 3rd at the mercy of the mafia) We lynch one (hope he's scum if we're wrong) and treat the other. I'm pretty sure we'll either kill the SK or treat him with my plan. If he's really lucky, he'll slip through but be found anyways next day ... and lynched.

I'm not going to touch that second paragrapgh, indiretly trying to lure important roles out is fuckinf scummy jo -__- you should know that.

"Also, hatmoza. What do you make of the way poseidon got killed? If you look at it closely, his killer sounds a lot like Kratos, and the guy that killed Apollo doesn't. "

what does this have to do with catching Kratos? I'm not being stubborn, I just can't see why you pulled this out of the blue. I said before I'm not going to use GoW's pretty story to find scum, I lack the imagination and don't see how I can possibly connect roles in the story to actually catching scum.

Well your plan in effectively ending the SK if you're right with your list. I can go with that. What I was questioning was the idea of guessing and possibly getting pro-towns killed in the process. 

I read your other post and we still get two people killed: 

lynch one - he's dead
treat him - he survives
mafia killes the other - he's dead

So it is indeed two kills. 

I wasn't trying to lure them out >.> I even said "but then the mafia would go for them." Which pretty much negated the paragraph implying that it won't happen. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

Addition to last post.

Hatmoza, name the target and I'm on board.

I want to lynch Nikells and treat Heph.

If you guys have anything else to add, please, do so. However my mind is set on this plan

Vote: Nikells

Remember my scum list, I'm pretty sure I've nailed most of the scum there since not  many put up an argument against it. I say this because I doubt I'll live through the night. If I do live and we do get Kratos, hopefully you SOBS will stop doubting me finally.

I suggest everyone jump on the lynch plan.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
theprof00 said:

The troubling thing is that if we lynch one of the other two, we have chance to kill the SK too. Is that what we want? I thought our goal was to "turn" him. Well, I'm still too confused to figure out who to vote for, so I need some leadership. 

My intention was to treat him but seeing how he wants to remain scum, he's just as good dead.

how do you know if he wants to remain scum or not? I thought you hadnt found him yet?

hatmoza said:
theprof00 said:

Addition to last post.

If you guys have anything else to add, please, do so. However my mind is set on this plan

Remember my scum list, I'm pretty sure I've nailed most of the scum there since not  many put up an argument against it. I say this because I doubt I'll live through the night. If I do live and we do get Kratos, hopefully you SOBS will stop doubting me finally.

hmm, I mean, this is a big risk no?

were lynching someone whose username ends with S, which means we have a 1 in 3 chance of them being the SK, but a 2 in 3 chance that they arent the SK and then its  a case of, if they arent the SK, what are they and how valuable would they have been to the town (assuming we lynch them)?

perhaps you have further reason to specifically suspect Nikells, if so, im gonna need to hear it before voting.

SciFiBoy2.0 said:
hatmoza said:
theprof00 said:

The troubling thing is that if we lynch one of the other two, we have chance to kill the SK too. Is that what we want? I thought our goal was to "turn" him. Well, I'm still too confused to figure out who to vote for, so I need some leadership. 

My intention was to treat him but seeing how he wants to remain scum, he's just as good dead.

how do you know if he wants to remain scum or not? I thought you hadnt found him yet?

facepalm* der der der because he hasn't come forward yet! I offered to help him many times and here we are 5plus real days into the game and he still hasn't come forward.

And wtf @ the second part!? of course I didn't find him. What the hell do you think I've been posting like crazy for the last 24 hours has been for  -_-

However after tonight, He'll be found.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Nikells said:
theprof00 said:
or you could be on yomi 2. Knowing that we would think the obvious thing, so you did the opposite. I think Hat is right. 

Most people play yomi 2. Some stick with yomi 1, some go with 3. But the majority of people try to be double sneaks. 

yomi?

Take a fighting game for example.

Player A knocks player B onto the floor.

Player B has two options. rise with a kick or rise with a block. 90% of the time people kick, because all they risk is a jab.

Player B rises with a kick, the counter to this is to do a jab when player B rises.

This is yomi 1.

yomi 2 follows:

Player B knows player A is going to punch him when he gets up, and so instead rises with a block with the intent to block the incoming jab and throw a roundhouse.

Player A knows player B is going to throw up a block to counter the rising kick counter. So player A does a 3 step powerful grab when he gets up.

yomi 3: Player B knows player A is going to grab and so does a grab escape right after rising and prepares a combo.

Player A knows player player B is expecting a grab, so does a charged up punch that does a lot of damage.

Then it repeats because the counter is a rising kick.

hatmoza said:
SciFiBoy2.0 said:
hatmoza said:
theprof00 said:

facepalm* der der der because he hasn't come forward yet! I offered to help him many times and here we are 5plus real days into the game and he still hasn't come forward.

And wtf @ the second part!? of course I didn't find him. What the hell do you think I've been posting like crazy for the last 24 hours has been for  -_-

However after tonight, He'll be found.

okay, its just some of your posts confuse me, lol

I would point out however, that even if he wanted to come forward, it would be a risk for him to do so as it would make him a target for the mafia would it not?

unless you are saying that your role also gives him nightkill immunity or that he has it already (if the later, how do we know that?)

hatmoza said:

Alright: so you think I'm the SK but you want to lynch me rather than cure me now?
That doesn't sound like a psychiatrist to me.

Two things:

1) I'm not.
2) You know it.

SciFiBoy2.0 said:
hatmoza said:
theprof00 said:

Addition to last post.

hmm, I mean, this is a big risk no?

were lynching someone whose username ends with S, which means we have a 1 in 3 chance of them being the SK, but a 2 in 3 chance that they arent the SK and then its  a case of, if they arent the SK, what are they and how valuable would they have been to the town (assuming we lynch them)?

perhaps you have further reason to specifically suspect Nikells, if so, im gonna need to hear it before voting.

because the odds of him being mafia if not SK is higher than any of the other three. So I'd rather risk him dying. Nothing wrong with getting a scum out of the way.

I do admit the evidence on him isn't so ground breaking. I'm using past game behavior for scum hunting.

Also I honestly feel like shit wanting to lynch him after he defended me so much :(

Sorry nikells. It's for the good of the town.

Vote Nikells