By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

c03n3nj0 said:

I'm tired of quoting, so: 

Hatmoza

Well, good job! But I'm not so willing to go with your plan of getting all of those 3 killed. One could possibly be the kratos/another SK but what of the other two? In a themed game it's safe to assume there aren't any townies. Especially when GoW3 tried to not cut off as many players as possible when we were signing up.

My point is that the other two could be important roles we would possibly sacrifice to get kratos. I'm not with that, unless they make clear what they are before they are lynched, but then the mafia would go for them. 

And if any of those 3 are also mafia then we wouldn't be having that problem I guess. Interestign enough it might help 'cause the mafia wouldn't kill themselves if they decide to go with your plan...

Also, hatmoza. What do you make of the way poseidon got killed? If you look at it closely, his killer sounds a lot like Kratos, and the guy that killed Apollo doesn't. 

Anyhow, since it's a waste of time only focusing on one thing at a time I'll also focus the an FoS - theProf00

He's being overly defensive over one little thing about Zeus. He roleclaimes to be Zeus, then makes it apparent he's not zeus, and refuses to answer a simple question of why two times in a row. 

If he had no motives behind doing this then he would have answered the question. But now that he has become so defensive about it (even accusing me of being aggressive, which I wouldn't be if he weren't so darn defensive) that I have come to the conclusion that he has some other motives behind it. He could either be mafia or a SK, and if he's an important pro-town role then excuse me for putting pressure on him. 

Edit - it's supposed to say "I'll also focus on something else with an FoS - theProf00." What I wrote didn't make sense. 

I'm not saying all 3 should be killed, just 2 (with having the 3rd at the mercy of the mafia) We lynch one (hope he's scum if we're wrong) and treat the other. I'm pretty sure we'll either kill the SK or treat him with my plan. If he's really lucky, he'll slip through but be found anyways next day ... and lynched.

I'm not going to touch that second paragrapgh, indiretly trying to lure important roles out is fuckinf scummy jo -__- you should know that.

"Also, hatmoza. What do you make of the way poseidon got killed? If you look at it closely, his killer sounds a lot like Kratos, and the guy that killed Apollo doesn't. "

what does this have to do with catching Kratos? I'm not being stubborn, I just can't see why you pulled this out of the blue. I said before I'm not going to use GoW's pretty story to find scum, I lack the imagination and don't see how I can possibly connect roles in the story to actually catching scum.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Actually hold on a sec. 

hatmoza ignore my question about Poseidon. 

I was thinking that Apollo would have gives you the pople who were with him when he died, but then that wouldn't make sense with the whole people with name's ending in S thing. 

Which got me thinking: 

How weird is it that someone ending in S would have KratoS. The way you said the note was written to you it gets me thinking that's too much of a weird coincidence. Maybe I'm thinking into this too much... :/ 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

theprof00 said:

But it's not like I have any credibility right?

I claimed something and then said that it wasn't true a post later. It would have been better if I just stuck with the lie and wait til someone discovers the lie, that way, I could easily talk my way out of it. :P

Anyways, I know everyone is excited right now, but let's focus on the 3 possible lynch-ees, or just call a no lynch. Obviously which all the nit-picking going on, we are just lacking too much information to go on anything else.

I wouldn't be surprised if people started accusing each other because of punctuation. 

Here's my take on the 3 people:

Truck said he doesn't appear in any game. It's possible he is either dionysus or Demeter. If that's the case, he might be pro-town. Based on the limited evidence we've seen, the gods have been olympians. It's not safe to conclude that he is pro-town though.

The troubling thing is that if we lynch one of the other two, we have chance to kill the SK too. Is that what we want? I thought our goal was to "turn" him. Well, I'm still too confused to figure out who to vote for, so I need some leadership. 

The only other problem then, is that the mafia will then be gunning for the only other person. 

I'm pretty sure I know Hats game though, if he's as smart as I think he is.

The ideal scenario is that we turn Kratos on to our side but if he's intent on remaining hidden, I'm more then fine with killing him.

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:

The troubling thing is that if we lynch one of the other two, we have chance to kill the SK too. Is that what we want? I thought our goal was to "turn" him. Well, I'm still too confused to figure out who to vote for, so I need some leadership. 

My intention was to treat him but seeing how he wants to remain scum, he's just as good dead.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

c03n3nj0 said:

Actually hold on a sec. 

hatmoza ignore my question about Poseidon. 

I was thinking that Apollo would have gives you the pople who were with him when he died, but then that wouldn't make sense with the whole people with name's ending in S thing. 

Which got me thinking: 

How weird is it that someone ending in S would have KratoS. The way you said the note was written to you it gets me thinking that's too much of a weird coincidence. Maybe I'm thinking into this too much... :/ 

I had a slight unnerving feeling about that. But GoW3vr wouldn't give such a horrible clue would he? That doesn't seem like it would serve to help anything and thus negating the role that he developed just for this game to use.

Also, don't be so obvious.

Around the Network

I really hope hat is as smart as I think he is. 

hatmoza said:
c03n3nj0 said:

I'm tired of quoting, so: 

Hatmoza

Well, good job! But I'm not so willing to go with your plan of getting all of those 3 killed. One could possibly be the kratos/another SK but what of the other two? In a themed game it's safe to assume there aren't any townies. Especially when GoW3 tried to not cut off as many players as possible when we were signing up.

My point is that the other two could be important roles we would possibly sacrifice to get kratos. I'm not with that, unless they make clear what they are before they are lynched, but then the mafia would go for them. 

And if any of those 3 are also mafia then we wouldn't be having that problem I guess. Interestign enough it might help 'cause the mafia wouldn't kill themselves if they decide to go with your plan...

Also, hatmoza. What do you make of the way poseidon got killed? If you look at it closely, his killer sounds a lot like Kratos, and the guy that killed Apollo doesn't. 

Anyhow, since it's a waste of time only focusing on one thing at a time I'll also focus the an FoS - theProf00

He's being overly defensive over one little thing about Zeus. He roleclaimes to be Zeus, then makes it apparent he's not zeus, and refuses to answer a simple question of why two times in a row. 

If he had no motives behind doing this then he would have answered the question. But now that he has become so defensive about it (even accusing me of being aggressive, which I wouldn't be if he weren't so darn defensive) that I have come to the conclusion that he has some other motives behind it. He could either be mafia or a SK, and if he's an important pro-town role then excuse me for putting pressure on him. 

Edit - it's supposed to say "I'll also focus on something else with an FoS - theProf00." What I wrote didn't make sense. 

I'm not saying all 3 should be killed, just 2 (with having the 3rd at the mercy of the mafia) We lynch one (hope he's scum if we're wrong) and treat the other. I'm pretty sure we'll either kill the SK or treat him with my plan. If he's really lucky, he'll slip through but be found anyways next day ... and lynched.

I'm not going to touch that second paragrapgh, indiretly trying to lure important roles out is fuckinf scummy jo -__- you should know that.

"Also, hatmoza. What do you make of the way poseidon got killed? If you look at it closely, his killer sounds a lot like Kratos, and the guy that killed Apollo doesn't. "

what does this have to do with catching Kratos? I'm not being stubborn, I just can't see why you pulled this out of the blue. I said before I'm not going to use GoW's pretty story to find scum, I lack the imagination and don't see how I can possibly connect roles in the story to actually catching scum.

I quoted this whole thing just to say, I meant to say 1 instead of 2.

Addition to last post.

Hatmoza, name the target and I'm on board.

theprof00 said:
or you could be on yomi 2. Knowing that we would think the obvious thing, so you did the opposite. I think Hat is right. 

Most people play yomi 2. Some stick with yomi 1, some go with 3. But the majority of people try to be double sneaks. 

yomi?

hatmoza said:
I'm sorry nikells, as much as I wanted to hug you when you were defending me, I suspect you the most right now to be SK.

Ok, so you're admitting I'm your #1 suspect to be the SK.
In your opinion Hatmoza: do you think it's best to cure me, or lynch me?