By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theRepublic said:
SciFiBoy2.0 said:

it seems highly unlikely that hatmoza is what he says then, I mean, if someone else is the "guide", that would suggest Hatmoza is something else.

Someone else latching onto the 'Kantor is a lie detector AND psychiatrist' theory?  I find this suspicious.

is plausable, though unlikely, as you would know I moved on from that theory after re-reading some posts, but as I have said before, you ignored this...http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3587117

"Hatmoza im not sure about, his role-claim sounds plausable, but im not convinced of his alignment..."

to expand on this, im now leaning toward believing hatmoza's role, but im wary because its feasable that his alignment could just as easily be Mafia whilst wanting to "convert" the SK

oh look, im not teh only one who agreed with the other post either btw, funny how this was ignored by you too - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3587234

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:

Something about theprof00 strikes me as scummy too.  It is more difficult to explain though.  Something about his dramatic rise in activity after the start of Day Two.  Scum nervous that his Godfather is dead, perhaps?

----

"Another person claiming guide = psychiatrist?  One player having both of those powers is extremely unlikely."

Well:

theprof00 said:

Here is my train of thought.

Kantor suspects Hatmoza.

In many posts he makes it almost painfully clear that he is a lie detector and has a feeling hat is lying.
Kantor uses his detection to question Hat's post that night.

Then he dies, possibly after learning something.

Now his other ability, "guide", I'm assuming, means that he can contact the living, maybe not just one specific person. But if he contacted hatmoza, how would kantor know anything of interest if he used his ability on hat?

Now, perhaps what happened was kantor was going to be killed first night, no matter what, eh? He was approached by 2 people. THat psycho, and the one saying "NOOOOO". So, he might know the identities of both of them.

Was Kantor illuminated of something as to hatmoza? Perhaps his lie detection on hat proved that Hat was who he said he was.... Now Hat roleclaimed athena. And so far, all the gods have been pro-town.

I'm believing Hat now that he responded

Seeing as how I've explained how guide works, why it made me unvote hatmoza, and how lie-detector and psychiatrist are linked.

Oops, that last part is in the mafiascum wiki. Lookup role; lie-detector in the right hand corner, "alias: psychiatrist". That was why I thought they were linked.

Now, apparently, guide was used directly by the mod, not kantor. This is new information which hurts the theory posted in the quote box above. However, GoW3 most certainly knows what the power is for, and that is helping pro-town. Kantor was pro-town, and therefore it is logical that the power would help another pro-town.

However, the one missing piece of evidence is.. How many people received a message from the guide?

I'm not going to FoS you, because I'm really lost at the moment.

I think Squill is very suspicious, for the reason he said

"Ok, so its night now. So what happens at night?" I think he said this because he has an ability, and he used the guise of "being a newb and posting at night", to make him seem genuinely ignorant of having a power.

SciFiBoy I'm not so sure of any guilt. I haven't read his posts thoroughly.

dtewi I'm kind of suspicious of since me and him were the only ones posting back and forth and he didn't even notice that I voted hatmoza. It seemed like he was being too careful in how to respond to say something about it.

I'm also suspicious of supermario. He is very very quiet, and seems to only agree with others. I don't remember the exact offence, but I do remember that at one point he voted kantor, and then unvoted him suddenly. Additionally, he said "If anyone is acting shady (like me in a previous game) I'm all for a first day lynch" I thought that it was interesting that he made that distinction. However... he may very well be trying to not draw attention to himself because he's such an important town player, and hatmoza is hogging all the defense. I really don't know.

Anyway, Who here is mafia?

my answer to your query is "not me"

I want everyone to answer this question too actually, if theres even a remote chance that there could be another lie detector or similar in this game...

also, I believe some people posted to "vote hatmoza" without any reasoning in those posts, im curious, did they feel previous posts they made were good enough reasons or were they just trying to start/join a bandwagon?

okay, foray of posts done, now im off to get breakfast and stuff, should be back online soon enough though. (I look forward to peoples reactions to my posts above)

hatmoza said:
Squilliam said:

Finally: You did cheat, you've changed what people would think of what you said by editing your post. Originally you had 8 players cast as being suspicious and then you pruned that back. That is my personal reason for my vote because anyone who cheats may as well be Mafia and that excludes any other reasoning I have above.

No I didn't. STOP LYING! It was 7 people in that list. If you're  referring to dtewi saying there were 8, I assumed he counted wrong and made nothing of it. If your going to rely on dtewi's counting wrong for your argument, I have nothing else to say.

Cheat? Adding supermario to the list of "unknowns" was the only real thing I'm guilty of.

Honestly, you and vette clawing at the fact that I added supermario to my list as an argument is pathetic, and I have no more time to waste with this.

Damn it, if only Kantor were still alive.

Well im new to this! People were saying that editing in my last game was cheating, so since I see you editing afterwards it makes me immediately suspicious. The last Mafia game I played seemed to be under completely different rules and it was over 6 months ago.

I don't know what the hell went on on the first night, im really having trouble following these crazy god of war referrences. All I see is that there was a huge ruckus on the first day and the first night, a bunch of people ended up dead and you remained alive and I don't understand WTF went on. Somehow after all the posturing it seemed to benefit you.

In any case theres no harm in my posting a vote when the vote can be withdrawn. I wanted to see how you'd react. Without the cop on our side, we have to use our insticts here to find out what the peoples roles are. You're the most suspicious person here, what else do you expect me to do aside from make a confronation to see how you'd react?

Tease.

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:

I want to hear what all the Hatmoza suspectors have to say. It looks like they all misteriously stopped posting once Hatmoza posted his stuff.

yeah it's oddpeoplesleep at night :-p

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

bah..that was a long read >_<

Cant believe some actually voted hatmoza before he answer our questions (FoS at all you all)

Good thing that SK will most likely come forward this day or he will risk being revealed by hatmoza

and that will confirm that he indeed received a hint from Apollo and his role description is genuine

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

SciFiBoy2.0 said:
theprof00 said:

Anyway, Who here is mafia?

my answer to your query is "not me"

I want everyone to answer this question too actually, if theres even a remote chance that there could be another lie detector or similar in this game...

lol, well that sounds fair... though unprobable. Assuming there is only one mafia faction, that's not more of a crosshairs than just standing there.

I'm not mafia.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

sabby_e17 said:

Meh, it's 3 am here so I better get some sleep.

Tomorrow I'd like to hear from the Hatmoza suspectors BECAUSE they have alot to explain. Vetteman, Silver-tiger, SciFiBoy and noname are the main guys. I don't see how you can lynch someone who role-claims psychaitrist, whos name-claim hasn't been consted with, who if he were Mafia would have no need to make such such a role-claim when it wouldn't even benefit them if they were Mafia.

Things that make me suspicious is how Vetteman and SciFiBoy both hopped onto other people's ideas of Hatmoza being scum. "Excellent post. I agree with you noname (scifiboy agreeing with noname's big wall of text about Hatmoza being scum. Same goes for Vetteman. Silver-Tiger remains extremely suspicious for the way he acted on day 1 (contradictions and "not buying Hatmoza's role-claim without providing any evidence") and also how he "agreed" with noname much like Scifiboy.

About Dtewi, I dunno. I think he's just a very paranoid pro-town guy after reading some of his comments.

Out of those 4 listed above I'm pretty sure two of them could be MAfia (noname, silver-tiger, Vetteman, SciFiBoy)

All of what I just posted has been derived from my memory. I can't be bothered to go back and analyse posts because it's 3 am and I'm sleepy so I'm just going to finish with this post for today.

What contradictions do you mean? please explain...

I merely doubted his roleclaim, that's all. Or do you believe everything people say here?

What do you mean I stopped making posts here after hatmoza lashed out his suspicions? Not all people live in the same timezone, you know. when I posted my last comment yesterday, it was 3 AM in the morning. I went to the bed. Don't you allow me some sleep?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

dtewi said:

We're just as confused with the Guide role as you are.

We're saying that the guide is a psychiatrist or some shit like that because the psychiatrist is supposed to Guide the SK or something.

Ohhh wait.... maybe it means to help Guide someone to a role... or something... I really have no clue.

But here are still two factors that annoy me hatmoza:

1- How you deduced the two people for Kratos

2-And you name-claimed Athena who is against Zeus in GoW3.

1- I dont he should reveal that untill we get the SK

2- And was with him on GOW1,2. Stop focusing on the role name and focus on the role description

the answer is always in them.

I don't trust hatmoza's role description, but if he indeed reveal the Sk then all these suspicions will fade a way

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)