By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

c03n3nj0 said:

Off the top of my head is noname, who fits exactly into your experience town, but last game (where he is acting exactly the same as now) he was scum.

Also me, it seems that I fit into the experience scum. But I also was playing the exact same way as I am this game last game, and I was town. Lucky for me, since I play this game I'm honestly never targeted at night. I usually survive until late in the game if I'm not lynched. :P 

there's one difference with noname,  he roleclaimed and suggested a massive role claim earlier in the game. That is a sign of dedication to win from an experienced protown player bent on doing anything to win.

As for you, I'm sorry but I'm just following patterns, and that's where you ended up... and why I believe your scum. Even your calm attitude as we speak is giving me scummy vibes :D :P 

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Meh, it's 3 am here so I better get some sleep.

Tomorrow I'd like to hear from the Hatmoza suspectors BECAUSE they have alot to explain. Vetteman, Silver-tiger, SciFiBoy and noname are the main guys. I don't see how you can lynch someone who role-claims psychaitrist, whos name-claim hasn't been consted with, who if he were Mafia would have no need to make such such a role-claim when it wouldn't even benefit them if they were Mafia.

Things that make me suspicious is how Vetteman and SciFiBoy both hopped onto other people's ideas of Hatmoza being scum. "Excellent post. I agree with you noname (scifiboy agreeing with noname's big wall of text about Hatmoza being scum. Same goes for Vetteman. Silver-Tiger remains extremely suspicious for the way he acted on day 1 (contradictions and "not buying Hatmoza's role-claim without providing any evidence") and also how he "agreed" with noname much like Scifiboy.

About Dtewi, I dunno. I think he's just a very paranoid pro-town guy after reading some of his comments.

Out of those 4 listed above I'm pretty sure two of them could be MAfia (noname, silver-tiger, Vetteman, SciFiBoy)

All of what I just posted has been derived from my memory. I can't be bothered to go back and analyse posts because it's 3 am and I'm sleepy so I'm just going to finish with this post for today.

sabby_e17 said:

What do you think of Hatmoza seeing that he is the prime suspect atm for others? (not me)

Hatmoza would be an absolute waste of a lynch right now.  If he is telling the truth, the the town would be screwing themselves.  If he is lying, it will become apparent on Day Four.  We can lynch him then.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

theprof00 said:

I think hatmoza is the obvious lynch here.

We lost our "guide".

Guide, to me, seems to be the person that guides kratos to our side. in mafia, there is a duo called the psychiatrist and the psychopath. The psychiatrist can cure the psycho and make him town.Also, on the mafiascum wiki, "lie detector"s alias is psychiatrist.

I'm a click away from voting hatmoza, but what do you think about zeus getting protected last night? Was hatmoza being protected? Or did zeus get lucky?

Right now, it looks like hat lied, khuutra defended him, his character is on kratos' side in the game (I know, I know, don't confuse character alignment for role alignment), and there are others that agree with hat.

What do you think?

Is hat zeus? or is he a liar?

40 minutes later...

SciFiBoy2.0 said:

it seems highly unlikely that hatmoza is what he says then, I mean, if someone else is the "guide", that would suggest Hatmoza is something else.

Then after Noname's big post...

SciFiBoy2.0 said:

excellent post, Hatmoza just moved back onto my radar

Latching on to other people's ideas, not contributing much else...

FoS: SciFiBoy

I was just reading over the game and noticed the same thing ... Guess my theory doesn't cover all behaviors.

Nonetheless I'm sticking to what I believe because for the most part, my hypothesis about behaviors almost always show up to be true.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

theRepublic said:
sabby_e17 said:

What do you think of Hatmoza seeing that he is the prime suspect atm for others? (not me)

Hatmoza would be an absolute waste of a lynch right now.  If he is telling the truth, the the town would be screwing themselves.  If he is lying, it will become apparent on Day Four.  We can lynch him then.

that won't be necessary  when I reveal the two players Kantor hinted at.

I'll give them 24 hours.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

When I said anyone who suspects me to back off I was well aware people will still targeting me and question my methods. Mafia want to play it safe, and especially after what happened yesterday with Khuutra (who was indeed mafia) they're not gonna make that same mistake. So I was counting on you SOBs to come after me, matter of fact (as much as it pains me) everyone who is after my neck is innocent.

THE GUYS WHO KEPT THEIR DISTANCE FROM ME ARE THE SCUM.

The town: it's your first game, confused, excited and paranoid, all newcomers who are town feel like sherlock holmes. They feel that the scum is someone clever and someone who isn't obvious. I was like that my first game, sabby was like that his first game etc. 

based on that I will say Prof, dtewi, SFB,  noname (who I want to groin kick for wasting all his efforts on me) is Town 

The scum are the followingnen-suer, Silver-tiger, Heph, Trucks, Vette, sabby, jo

Alignments I'm not sure ofNikells, supermario

The way I see it, you've signed your death warrant. The way you're acting you've earnt your lynch whichever role you actually are playing.

1st reason: You edited your post. You broke the rules of the game. That is reason enough for some to lynch you on that principle.

2nd reason: If you were acting on behalf of the town, you're acting in a counter productive way. Even if you aren't a Mafia you're helping their cause whatever you do. You cast your suspicion widely and in an environment without trust and where we cannot verify that trust the Mafia have the advantage.

3rd reason: If you're indeed Mafia or the Serial Killer or whatever else you might be you're in the perfect position. Everyone who could verify you are indeed who you say you are have been killed. You're trying to position yourself into a position of utmost trust and that is the most powerful position for any Mafia to be in, above reproach.

So whether or not you are truely Mafia, truely town or other it doesn't matter. I don't believe that the town can win with you, and the town can win without you its early enough in the game.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

The way I see it, you've signed your death warrant. The way you're acting you've earnt your lynch whichever role you actually are playing.

1st reason: You edited your post. You broke the rules of the game. That is reason enough for some to lynch you on that principle.

2nd reason: If you were acting on behalf of the town, you're acting in a counter productive way. Even if you aren't a Mafia you're helping their cause whatever you do. You cast your suspicion widely and in an environment without trust and where we cannot verify that trust the Mafia have the advantage.

3rd reason: If you're indeed Mafia or the Serial Killer or whatever else you might be you're in the perfect position. Everyone who could verify you are indeed who you say you are have been killed. You're trying to position yourself into a position of utmost trust and that is the most powerful position for any Mafia to be in, above reproach.

So whether or not you are truely Mafia, truely town or other it doesn't matter. I don't believe that the town can win with you, and the town can win without you its early enough in the game.

2- wrong! Mty first day roleclaim shifted any protection Kuutra would have had away, and he ended up dead and mafia. so there's something everyone benifted off me. Also, by tonight, Kratos is either going to be dead as a SK or joing the town as a vigilante, so I think I'm doing the town every bit of good I can.

Also, I find this post very strange after I just  said a few hours ago "people who didn't attack me are scum" Does scummy little squilliam fair that he's just been generalized and found out? Did you feel the need to come after me to prove your innocence next to noname?

3- I'm sure at least one person verified something I've done to be true  (like someone tracked me and found that I was indeed at Vette's place last night) but they're not gonna come forward. The cop is dead and the last thing we need now is a deputy or tracker coming forward. You're new, but wanting someone to verify I'm telling the truth is a scummy tactic because you're indirectly trying to lure them out. 

OK hatmoza, I believe you now after explaining yourself.

Unvote: hatmoza

If we don't have a vigilante, it's off to the gallows with you.

@Squilliam

Someone's a bit adamant about getting hatmoza to be lynched.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Ooopss.... I come back for 125 posts....sorry guys.

Vote Count

2 out of 16 players have voted

All votes hatmoza (L-7)

squilliam, vetteman

So let's see, my big suspects are

FoS; Vetteman, Squilliam

Vetteman just reacted so strongly when accused of being scum. He tried to get off your scum list, then tried to pass blame on to hatmoza again using the reasons of him "editing posts."

Squilliam is relentlessly trying to find flaws in hatmoza's argument and some of them are just far-fetched.

We still have a while to go in this day and FoSing gets us nowhere.

So... 

VOTE: Vetteman.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you