By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

noname2200 said:
Hephaestos said:
noname2200 said:

Hephaestos said:

one thing that doesn't fit though.... Silver and I believe appolo was killed by patapon... but the story says he's then with zeus at the top of olympus.... odd odd... would make the sibling idea credible... but that would make it that we could have had 5 kills night one...

Patapon was the Daytime Vigilante.  And what's this about Silver getting killed?

difference between daytime and nightime? does his kill appear in the day?

who said silver got killed? please read again...

The Daytime Vigilante kills during the day, with his identity and action openly exposed when it happens.  The game where Words of Wisdom moderated is a good example of how that works.

Regarding Silver: "Silver and I believe appolo was killed by patapon" is a horribly disjointed sentence, especially if you're trying to connect Silver to the clause before the ellipses.  I don't want to go all Grammar Police on you, but what you wrote apparently doesn't mean what you meant, since what you wrote means "Silver and Appolo got killed by patapon." 

So, what did you mean?

Nikells said:

It seems incredibly unlikely to me.
If Hatmoza was just making this all up he'd have to:

1) Bet on Kratos being the serial killer.
2) Bet on nobody calling out his name-claim.
3) Bet on not being investigated by the cop or tracker at all for as long as he lives.

And for what? All Hatmoza gets from his early role-claim is lots of attention. Stefl was a very different case as he gained a lot of power during the day with his investigations.

1) Again, that was a logical assumption to make: hatmoza even mocked Khuutra for briefly challenging that premise.

2) Who said he isn't Athena?  But then again, who's to say where Athena is aligned?  We've heard rumblings already that Athena's not a goody two-shoes in the God Of War series.  We've also had it hinted that she wasn't a friend of Zeus, either.

3) That is the only risk he would take, and for what it's worth I think hatmoza's sufficiently high-profile that he would probably be investigated at some point anyways.  And of course we can all agree that Khuutra (Mafia) was also likely to be investigated early on; deflecting the inevitable investigation from a teammate would be a viable strategy.  Moreover, he's certainly doing quite a bit to try and discredit anyone who challenges his claims: perhaps he would figure that he can stave off an investigation by being obviously pro-town: the cop(s) certainly have enough folks to look into as it is.

No, if hatmoza's anti-town there's a rational motive behind his actions.

Nikells said:

Here's the bottom line:
Hatmoza's cards are flat out on the table now: if he's lying we'll be sure to catch him out soon.

How do you figure, especially now that a cop has died?  How is his capture inevitable, especially if we accept his statements without reserve?

Nikells said:

Right now there is nothing to prove that he is not telling the truth.

There's no smoking gun, but there's certainly cause for concern. 

1) He was quick to get defensive when challenged,

2) He's taken to accusing anyone who suspects him,

3) After his initial post he's made little effort to convince Kratos to expose himself (do you realize you've done just as much, if not more, for that cause than he has?),

4) He (a long-time Mafia veteran) committed the faux pas of posting long after night had fallen simply to reiterate that 'he will find Kratos' (why does he feel the need to reiterate this? The only reason I can see is to bolster his own credibility),

5) His story this morning requires us to believe that Kantor trusted him enough to NOT use his lie detecting ability on hatmoza's claimed role,

6) Kantor gained information to narrow Kratos to two people AND tell this information to Hatmoza, all in one night (i.e. Kantor can take two separate night actions in one night),

7) He's a psychiatrist who is told that his possible patient will become a vigilante: judging from the last game with a psychiatrist, the psychiatrist is not explicitly told what will happen when he finds his target,

8) He FoS'd Khuutra (Mafia), despite Khuutra doing the opposite of what he listed as being suspicious behavior.

I'm eager to hear his answer to your questions.

Agree with SciFiBoy here. Excellent post. But after last mafia game, I didn't expect something else.

I'm taking the initiative here and answer for him: What he meant is that both he and I had the same thoughts on who killed Apollo. He meant that we both thought Patapon was the killer. Nevertheless, I already clarified that I meant something else.

As for your suspicion on Hatmoza: Well, there's nothing more I can add to that. I think it's funny, though, since I was the only one who suspected him on day one and everybody was against me.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

The most logical assumption I can make is this:

hatmoza is the serial killer.

Or hatmoza is Kratos.

It makes perfect sense.

He pretends to be the psychiatrist because his role is explained as a serial killer that can be cured as a psychiatrist.

He is acting very suspiciously as well, mark of an anti-town person.

He killed off Kantor to stop the suspicion towards him.

Then he covers it up by saying Kantor helped him.

And he felt the need to bolster his credibility as said.

Vote: hatmoza

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

My last post should say "cured by a psychiatrist"

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

noname:
That is an impressively long and articulately stated list of observations to support your previous argument. However I'm certain you could knock up a similar list to fit anybody you liked. Or perhaps Hatmoza is mafia and he's just so stupid he's made that many mistakes already!

Anyway: I'm not saying we shouldn't be suspicious of Hatmoza but you're talking about lynching him, immediately. It is highly likely that, if he is lieing to us, one of the many things he has revealed will prove false at some point.

I agree: this Apollo/Kantor from-the-death mod message sounds extremely unlikely. But if it's not true what exactly is it's purpose? Why has Hatmoza now imposed upon himself a time limit for finding the serial killer?

What is it that makes you so suspicious of him that he has to die today rather than waiting to see if he proves fruitful in the next few days?

Again: He's the player we know the most about, none of it has proved false. How does that equal a strong lynch candidate?

Vetteman94 said:
How is his elaborate theory any better than the other that has been laid out in his opposition?  

Hell I'll play the speculation game for a minute here.  It seems the Gods are pro-town,  its probably a bad assumption but i think its true at least some of them are,  so why and how would he be able to turn a character to aid the very people Kratos seeks for revenge?  And he claims to be someone who also plots against those very Gods

I don't know enough about the lore to comment on this one. I think someone (Khuutra maybe?) mentioned that Kratos and Athena were tight though.

Around the Network

I was playing FF4  

Anyhow, I have reasons to believe there is a Zeus. I won't say why specifically.... but let's just not discard it, eh? 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Nikells said:

noname:
That is an impressively long and articulately stated list of observations to support your previous argument. However I'm certain you could knock up a similar list to fit anybody you liked. Or perhaps Hatmoza is mafia and he's just so stupid he's made that many mistakes already!

Anyway: I'm not saying we shouldn't be suspicious of Hatmoza but you're talking about lynching him, immediately. It is highly likely that, if he is lieing to us, one of the many things he has revealed will prove false at some point.

I agree: this Apollo/Kantor from-the-death mod message sounds extremely unlikely. But if it's not true what exactly is it's purpose? Why has Hatmoza now imposed upon himself a time limit for finding the serial killer?

What is it that makes you so suspicious of him that he has to die today rather than waiting to see if he proves fruitful in the next few days?

Again: He's the player we know the most about, none of it has proved false. How does that equal a strong lynch candidate?

Look, being the SK is a very strong possibility for hatmoza. It all fits.

We risk more deaths if we keep him!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Nikells said:

noname:

Look, being the SK is a very strong possibility for hatmoza. It all fits.

We risk more deaths if we keep him!

Isn't treating everything he has said as a  cover for being the SK a little.... paranoid? 

If he is the psychiatrist, then we lynch him and screw ourselves over. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

dtewi said:

Or hatmoza is Kratos.

It makes perfect sense.

He pretends to be the psychiatrist because his role is explained as a serial killer that can be cured as a psychiatrist.

At the bold, then the actual psychiatrist would have targeted him by now. 

dtewi said:

Or hatmoza is Kratos.

It makes perfect sense.

The serial killer isn't told somebody is looking to cure him (at least I wasn't when I got that role in another game)

If indeed he was told about it, claiming to be the psychiatrist is the dumbest move ever since the real psychiatrist is sure to target him on Night 1.

So hatmoza can't really be Kratos (there's also the unchallenged Athena nameclaim)

Signature goes here!