By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

noname2200 said:

Alright, let me summarize the case against Nikells:

1) Once hatmoza turned on him, he's spent the vast majority of the game hiding; he's only recently reappeared, and it took people voting to lynch him for that to happen.  In other words, he's been lurking for much of the game, even though he made himself fairly high-profile early on.

2) He's claimed to be a doctor, who can heal every night.  I'm a doctor, and I can not act every night, so it's somewhat discongruous.  Moreover, if I recall correctly vetteman said that once he found Morpheus he (vetteman) would become a doctor, rather than a regular townie:  if that's true, it would result in the town having three doctors, which seems a bit extreme.

3) He acted incredibly cagey about his role, long past the point where most townies would:  while it's understandable that a doctor won't come out and say he's a doctor, time basically ran out and he still hadn't bothered to role-claim and try to save himself.  Considering how rare it is for people to be online simultaneously, and how he was the only person with votes on him at the time, it seems unwise for a doctor to risk dying in order to, er, not risk dying.  Add to this the statement that he no longer cared as much about dying as he did on Day Two: apparently, doctors become less useful as the scum have fewer targets?

4) Also, he attempted to shift the town's attention away from hunting mafia and towards hunting the cult, to the point where he came up with reasons why the cult was as dangerous, if not more so, than the mafia.  He's also displayed a shocking indifference to important things like the God Of War series' storyline, in spite of there being heavy discussion throughout the game as to what, if anything, roles mean.  Strangely, this indifference did not extend to making sure that his own name could not be affiliated with scum, which is definitely an interesting distinction.  Finally, he's name-claimed someone who's not in the series: the topic's previously arisen, but unlike TruckOSaurus he didn't speak up at that time. 

5) Am I missing anything?

1) This is actually completely wrong. While I admit I was less active on day 4, before then I've had a lot to say. As well as the Hatmoza fiasco I got involved in and being named on his list, I was also worked with Prof on day 2 to combine our suspects and get Squlliam lynched.

2) Yes, I heal every night, that's usually how doctor's work. 3 doctors does seem pretty unfair though. I guess that proves you're lying about your role. Thanks.

3) Damn right I was incredibly cagey. I had a good thing going hinting I was the bomb. I wasn't sure if the people voting for me (namely you) were scum trying to get rid of me during the day. I was trying to discern if I truly looked guilty or if I was being set up: that's why I asked j0 for his opinion. Ideally I would have liked to keep my role secret, something you don't seem to care a single iota about.

4) I've voted to lynch two mafia members so far (my only votes) are you seriously saying I'm a mafia member trying to divert attention away from myself? My number one suspect in the list of 3 prof asked for (something you didn't bother providing) was TOS, a player who is more likely mafia than cult.

5) A soul.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:

Fine, I never intended to roleclaim, I think it's incredibly lame and destroys the spirit of the game, but if you all insist, I have to do it. Yeah, I blame you for putting pressure on me. ;)

I'm Pandora. I have an interesting role to say the least. My role however, isn't THAT important for the town, though, as I can't really decide what it really does.

Now I'm sad Heph was hammered. Yesterday, I thought Pandora could be a pro-town role or an easy name to claim for a Titan in hiding but as I reread this post this morning I realized this was quite the slip up from Silver-Tiger:

In the GoW universe, Pandora is NOT on the side of Olympus! She helps Kratos retrieve Pandora's Box so he can kill Zeus. So my guess here is that Silver-Tiger picked himself a "safe" name but that he didn't think it through.

So ST care to tell us your real name?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Silver-Tiger said:

Fine, I never intended to roleclaim, I think it's incredibly lame and destroys the spirit of the game, but if you all insist, I have to do it. Yeah, I blame you for putting pressure on me. ;)

I'm Pandora. I have an interesting role to say the least. My role however, isn't THAT important for the town, though, as I can't really decide what it really does.

Now I'm sad Heph was hammered. Yesterday, I thought Pandora could be a pro-town role or an easy name to claim for a Titan in hiding but as I reread this post this morning I realized this was quite the slip up from Silver-Tiger:

In the GoW universe, Pandora is NOT on the side of Olympus! She helps Kratos retrieve Pandora's Box so he can kill Zeus. So my guess here is that Silver-Tiger picked himself a "safe" name but that he didn't think it through.

So ST care to tell us your real name?

Not even as close as you're making it sound. 

Pandora was something made by Hephaestus, but is imprisoned after Zeus gets all crazy n' shit. 
Athena helps Kratos find Pandora, who in turn helps Kratos kill Zeus. 

So far the mafia have been affiliated with the Titians. Pandora isn't. Athena helps kratos kill Zeus (eventually) but we're not considering her mafia. 

Anyhow, I sense someone trying to put attention elsewhere. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

And you guys made me miss yet another lynch >.>

My thoughts: 

TruckOSaurus is the main scum suspect for tomorrow. Daimos doesn't appear in the games. 

Silver-Tiger is not off the hook at all. If he's lying about Pandora then we'll find out. 

Noname's role-claim makes it easier for Nikells to survive, actually. 

How about each of our doctors protect each other tonight?  
There's also the Bus Driver to be wary of. 

Also, since everyone has roleclaimed name already (I'm pretty sure) 

Who sounds the most like a bus driver? 

I realize we are in twilight already, but might was well keep going when 'till the mod ends it. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

You think that everyone was truthful about their name-claim c03? If they were, then it'd mean we've killed all the scum, something I think is inane.

We can't reasonably tell who anyone is because at least 2, maybe 3 are lying about their names.

And we should know whom the most likely candidatres are: Deimos and Asclepius. I also have suspicions about Pandora. Isn't Pandora evil or is she not in God of War?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:

You think that everyone was truthful about their name-claim c03? If they were, then it'd mean we've killed all the scum, something I think is inane.

We can't reasonably tell who anyone is because at least 2, maybe 3 are lying about their names.

And we should know whom the most likely candidatres are: Deimos and Asclepius. I also have suspicions about Pandora. Isn't Pandora evil or is she not in God of War?

It's difficult to decide who is who based on what they are in the game.

Athena is anti-god, in the game. Yes, she protects zeus, but then after death she "transcends" reality and is completely anti-olympus (hey, now that I think about it, that sounds exaclty like the "saulus" role). so that would imply that Hatmoza is non-town.

It's strange the gow3vr decided to make some roles follow their names and others not related even slightly, similarly for the realationship between character and alignment.

I actually believe republic because even though Hera was still an unclaimed character, he said "nope, I'm hercules".

The other ones I'm wary of. I'd be really surprised if both their names really are what they say they are. That would be a giant mind-fuck by gow3vr.

By the way, a saulus role is a vampire who starts out pro-town. It has no additional functions, but when it is killed at night, the mod let's everyone know that no death occurred, and the saulus character revives as a mafia.

Interesting role to say the least.

I think it would be amazing if this is how it works out in the end:

Helios is a psych for morpheus.
Sabby is a psych for morpheus.

hatmoza is a saulus who is a psych for kratos.
Once killed, he becomes a mafia psych for kratos.

That would be awesome. Although I don't think gow3vr would have done that it would have been masterful.

theprof00 said:

By the way, a saulus role is a vampire who starts out pro-town. It has no additional functions, but when it is killed at night, the mod let's everyone know that no death occurred, and the saulus character revives as a mafia.

Interesting role to say the least.

I think it would be amazing if this is how it works out in the end:

Helios is a psych for morpheus.
Sabby is a psych for morpheus.

hatmoza is a saulus who is a psych for kratos.
Once killed, he becomes a mafia psych for kratos.

That would be awesome. Although I don't think gow3vr would have done that it would have been masterful.

I severely doubt that because of Sabby.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Ah shit, my post got screwed up.

I doubt that because Sabby would most likely be looking to cure Kratos, not Morpheus

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

Ah shit, my post got screwed up.

I doubt that because Sabby would most likely be looking to cure Kratos, not Morpheus

yeah I know, gaia recruits kratos in the game.

I'm just saying it would have been amazing if gow3vr organized it like that.

Puts a real damper on the psych coming out on day 1 like that.