By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

dtewi said:

Worst. Roleclaim. Ever.

Should I have unfurled the red carpet and had dancing girls proceed me?  Perhaps you'd care to show me how it's done...?

Around the Network

VOTE COUNT

TRUCKOSAURUS (L-4)

theRepublic, Hephaestos

HEPHAESTOS (L-2)

dtewi, Nikells, theprof00. TruckOSaurus

EDIT: I only edited this post because I didn't feel like reposting it again due to Heph's unvote

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

or not since you post the counter case right after....

Unvote/ vote TOS

By the way right now we're here:

ToS 1 vote

Republic; Heph

Heph 4 votes

Nik; ToS; dtewi; prof

in order

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

noname2200 said:
dtewi said:

Worst. Roleclaim. Ever.

Should I have unfurled the red carpet and had dancing girls proceed me?  Perhaps you'd care to show me how it's done...?

You shouldn't have roleclaimed at all!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

last post promissed.... Goodnight =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Oh for fuck's sake, just make your mind up Heph

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

You shouldn't have roleclaimed at all!

Except that my role is quite relevant to deciding if Nikells is scum or not; knowing what we do, can we believe that Nikells is being honest?  Moreover, if Nikells is being honest and we don't kill off the mafia today, a doctor was going to die tonight anyways.  There's also self-interest at work here: my role-claiming later, if and when Nikells dies and is shown to be a doctor, would be enough to warrant a vote.  In a third-person's shoes, I'd certainly be incredibly suspicious at this turn of events. 

Finally, I'm thinking that right now the people with the best excuse to not role-claim are probably the scum, since the town's power roles (cop and doctor) are in all likelihood all on the table right now.  If the townies are willing to share some more information, we stand a better chance at sniffing out the bus driver who's been driving us to distraction.  This is doubly important if we believe hatmoza and hephaestos.

To be honest, aside from risking my own hide I'm not seeing too many downsides, and even that risk can get us more information that we can use.

omfg.

I leave for an hour and this happens.

Now then, if folks have any thoughts they'd like to share regarding Nikells, please speak up.  Right now, I'm wary of him, but I'm suspicious of TruckOSaurus.  We know that there's at least one mafioso still alive, and we know that so far this game the mafia has been comprised primarily of the Titans. 

Finally, we know that TruckOSaurus has name-claimed someone who isn't in any of the God Of War games; moreover, the person he's name-claimed is a VERY obscure figure, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how something that Wikipedia describes as more of a force than a person (of "sheer terror," no less) can be pro-town.  In a series with so many characters left for GodOfWar to pick from, why would he possibly have chosen Deimos?  I can sort of swallow Nikells' name claim, because the series doesn't seem to have very many healing characters (my own has an aspect which is about health and healing, but she was much more associated with hunting than anything else: this tells me GodOfWar was somewhat desperate to find someone who might fill in a doctor's shoes.  Although why would Helios become a doctor?)

Here's the thing though.

I blocked nikells last night, and someone was still killed, and hat presumedly still failed otherwise heph would've gotten a notice (so he claims).

So there must be still a mafia besides nikells. Pandora perhaps? I'm not sure.. or maybe he isn't a mafia at all!

anyway, blocking nikells didn't seem to have an effect on anything.

However, I really wish you hadn't roleclaimed noname. I believe nikells was either a bomb trying to get killed, or he is simply a mafia.

It is very suspicious, I'll admit, but I'm not sure what to think at the moment. I need more information.