By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theRepublic said:

I already posted my biggest mafia suspects (Nikells, Silver-Tiger, TruckOSaurus).  My cult suspects are Hatmoza, Hephaestos, and Noname.

Wouldn't Heph make more sense for mafia?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:

I already posted my biggest mafia suspects (Nikells, Silver-Tiger, TruckOSaurus).  My cult suspects are Hatmoza, Hephaestos, and Noname.

Eh, it doesn't really matter.  One, I think all three factions were busy trying to recruit Hephaestos.  Whoever had the bus driver, and therefore knew whether to target Hatmoza or Hephaestos got him.  Two, he is the serial killer, so we know we have to lynch him anyway.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:

Eh, it doesn't really matter.  One, I think all three factions were busy trying to recruit Hephaestos.  Whoever had the bus driver, and therefore knew whether to target Hatmoza or Hephaestos got him.  Two, he is the serial killer, so we know we have to lynch him anyway.

I think Heph is the most danger...

Who do you think we ought to vote for?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

TruckOSaurus said:

Right now, I'm most suspicious of Silver-Tiger, yes because he's been laying low but also because he was quick to agree with Nikells's idea of a killing cult. I'm not trying to downplay the threat the cult poses but I saw that move as a Mafia trying to divert attention from his team by making the cult seem even more threatening than it really is.

Then there's Nikells who brought the idea forward (but it was among other theories so it's less incriminating) and also because he puts me on top of his list because he feels sore about a vote I made on Day Two.

Last, but not least would be Hephaestos, because the possibility of him being recruited by the Mafia is very real.

So there you have it : Silver-Tiger, Nikells and Heph

Right now, all we do is throwing around baseless assumtions. I Suggest we really look into the thread again, reading through the posts of the surviving players.

@ToS: I never downplayed any of the threads. In fact, I said they're eually dangerous, if we don't deal with them.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

theprof00 said:
Hephaestos said:

I feel like Dtewi never read any of my theories :/ .... then again they are a bit on the walloftext side and, well, are theories (my role doesn't quite give me info :x)

anyways, I never believed Nick to be mafia, this is also part of the reason why I roleclaimed.... and he did become quiet after that event...

However the thing that is tickling my eyes when I read is that he puts himself in the most likely mafia list... when all the calls against him were cult oriented... That very much looks like he tries to have his list copy pasted for people to think he's just not what he is (as his early game attitude was not mafia like, they'll disagree with the mafia accusation)... this is why in the 3 suspects he's my highest one (exclusively as cult though).

ToS throws out a wierd vibe.... but the one that I would recruit if I were Nen is Prof... leading the town discution and having a stong ability... that can come in handy.

Using prof's points system:

suspect 1: Nick (cult) 3 points

suspect 2: Prof (cult) 2 points

suspect 3: ToS (mafia) 1 point

4 is noname

5 is dtewi

thanks, I take that as a compliment sir. Not that it isn't warranted.

However, I do tend to be suspicious of the people that either agree with me or compliment me. :P

I wish I had an actual ability like the extremely overpowered ones I've seen so far. SFB was a cop/night vigilante? wow, why couldn't I have that? He didn't even kill anyone with it...and mario! with the ability to bring informative roles back to life, AND being a tracker. Oh I am so upset'ed XD.

Anyway, the tally so far is:

Theprof00: Heph 3, ToS 2, Nikells 1.
Nikells: TOS 3 , Noname 2, Heph 1
dtewi: Heph 3, noname 2
Heph: Nik 3, Prof 2, ToS 1

Still 6 people to check in and complete the form.

current totals are
Heph: 7
ToS: 6
Noname: 4
Nik: 4
Prof: 2

I will be analyzing the chart later.

I feel equally happy and ignored not being on that list...

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

Around the Network
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:

As long as Hephaestos isn't killing, I'm willing to let him live a little longer.  Not much longer though.  I'm interested in hearing what he has to say about all these groups with the ability to recruit him.  Someone very likely succeeded by now.

I'm most concerned with my first three suspects.  I'm not entirely convinced by Nikells just yet.  It is why I left my vote on him.  I have an idea of who is claiming to be, but I'm going to refrain from putting words in his mouth.  I'm going to have to do a little more research to decide between TruckOSaurus and Silver-Tiger.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:

As long as Hephaestos isn't killing, I'm willing to let him live a little longer.  Not much longer though.  I'm interested in hearing what he has to say about all these groups with the ability to recruit him.  Someone very likely succeeded by now.

I'm most concerned with my first three suspects.  I'm not entirely convinced by Nikells just yet.  It is why I left my vote on him.  I have an idea of who is claiming to be, but I'm going to refrain from putting words in his mouth.  I'm going to have to do a little more research to decide between TruckOSaurus and Silver-Tiger.

I don't think TOS has done anything particularly incriminating.

But think about this if you will:

Heph being recruited by us would mean a vigilante. If Heph was recruited by the mafia... wouldn't that mean they get a vigilante? Or some form of one?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:

Heph being recruited by us would mean a vigilante. If Heph was recruited by the mafia... wouldn't that mean they get a vigilante? Or some form of one?

a mafia vigilante is much scarier than a town one.

Perhaps we are looking at this incorrectly.... unless gow3 just really fucked this balance up.

Anyone think it's possible that morpheus was the mafia target?

Not really sure what to make of it...

blast the whole thing!

theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:

a mafia vigilante is much scarier than a town one.

Perhaps we are looking at this incorrectly.... unless gow3 just really fucked this balance up.

Anyone think it's possible that morpheus was the mafia target?

Not really sure what to make of it...

blast the whole thing!

A mafia Vigilante doesn't exist. It's called something else, I have to look it up.

theRepublic said:

I kind of already answered that in my posts at the begining of the day... but it's all just hypothesis, I don't have more information than what my role gives me, which is basically that my blades are sharp ^^.

Well I do have a piece of info. No one succeeded. Hence my theory that the buss driver started as cult, or that morpheus was Sabby's target. (both sustained by the fact that he incriminated me by saying he followed Hat to my place the night before....being no tracker, he wouldn't even have had the results of a tracker in the mafia (can't talk at day), so this was just all bollox from him, aimed at shining a bad light on me, meaning he was frustrated on my case).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO