By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

TruckOSaurus said:
Nikells said:

I agree: that seems like the most likely option.
If a new cult leader was appointed as soon as we killed the old one we'd be forever a step behind and wouldn't be able to win.

I agree that a ever-spawning cult leader would be overpowered but I don't see why you think the cult would gain a kill ability once their leader is dead though. Wouldn't they have killed last night since nen died the night before that?

both vette and SM claimed to have a protect ability... the mafia did not kill 2 nights in a row...

with 5 killing roles arround, I would assume Gow balanced that with more protection....

However, I believe the first night kill was a sacrifice to start the cult and that besides Vett with a "special" kill, Nen had no more kill ability.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I feel like Dtewi never read any of my theories :/ .... then again they are a bit on the walloftext side and, well, are theories (my role doesn't quite give me info :x)

anyways, I never believed Nick to be mafia, this is also part of the reason why I roleclaimed.... and he did become quiet after that event...

However the thing that is tickling my eyes when I read is that he puts himself in the most likely mafia list... when all the calls against him were cult oriented... That very much looks like he tries to have his list copy pasted for people to think he's just not what he is (as his early game attitude was not mafia like, they'll disagree with the mafia accusation)... this is why in the 3 suspects he's my highest one (exclusively as cult though).

ToS throws out a wierd vibe.... but the one that I would recruit if I were Nen is Prof... leading the town discution and having a stong ability... that can come in handy.

Using prof's points system:

suspect 1: Nick (cult) 3 points

suspect 2: Prof (cult) 2 points

suspect 3: ToS (mafia) 1 point

4 is noname

5 is dtewi

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

c03n3nj0 said:

When's the last time hatmoza was online? 

I am willing to believe Nikells right now. I don't see a mafia making a big deal about not revealing his role, because saying that puts attention/suspicion on you. 

Also, it's very unlikely the cult can still recruit without their leader. Having a leader change is extremely unfair, and it makes it nearly impossible for the town to win that way. I mean, we would kill one just to have another one join at night? Pah! 

Its likely the cult have roles or keep their roles once they join, though. 

Also, FoS noname for downplaying the cult! I see what he means, but if it means forgetting the cult and only focusing on them after chasing mafia is just weird, especially if we don't know for sure what they are still capable of. It's best to just lynch whoever comes up as scum, mafia or cult. 

I think what noname meant by that is that we should look for one group rather than the other. That's an excercise in failure.

Rather, we should do what we've been doing. Looking for information and lynching people, and sometimes pressuring a lynch to get more information.

Hephaestos said:

I feel like Dtewi never read any of my theories :/ .... then again they are a bit on the walloftext side and, well, are theories (my role doesn't quite give me info :x)

anyways, I never believed Nick to be mafia, this is also part of the reason why I roleclaimed.... and he did become quiet after that event...

However the thing that is tickling my eyes when I read is that he puts himself in the most likely mafia list... when all the calls against him were cult oriented... That very much looks like he tries to have his list copy pasted for people to think he's just not what he is (as his early game attitude was not mafia like, they'll disagree with the mafia accusation)... this is why in the 3 suspects he's my highest one (exclusively as cult though).

ToS throws out a wierd vibe.... but the one that I would recruit if I were Nen is Prof... leading the town discution and having a stong ability... that can come in handy.

Using prof's points system:

suspect 1: Nick (cult) 3 points

suspect 2: Prof (cult) 2 points

suspect 3: ToS (mafia) 1 point

4 is noname

5 is dtewi

thanks, I take that as a compliment sir. Not that it isn't warranted.

However, I do tend to be suspicious of the people that either agree with me or compliment me. :P

I wish I had an actual ability like the extremely overpowered ones I've seen so far. SFB was a cop/night vigilante? wow, why couldn't I have that? He didn't even kill anyone with it...and mario! with the ability to bring informative roles back to life, AND being a tracker. Oh I am so upset'ed XD.

Anyway, the tally so far is:

Theprof00: Heph 3, ToS 2, Nikells 1.
Nikells: TOS 3 , Noname 2, Heph 1
dtewi: Heph 3, noname 2
Heph: Nik 3, Prof 2, ToS 1

Still 6 people to check in and complete the form.

current totals are
Heph: 7
ToS: 6
Noname: 4
Nik: 4
Prof: 2

I will be analyzing the chart later.

Yeah wtf is hatmoza?

It's like he gave up even though at the beginning of the game he was talking about how he would take over after he found Kratos...

Did someone get culted and give up?

Hmmm

It's unlikely, given his already sporadic posting...

But I could really use some of his insight. A lot of the methods I'm using come directly from his gut feelings and analysis. I could really use his intuition here.

Around the Network

Right now, I'm most suspicious of Silver-Tiger, yes because he's been laying low but also because he was quick to agree with Nikells's idea of a killing cult. I'm not trying to downplay the threat the cult poses but I saw that move as a Mafia trying to divert attention from his team by making the cult seem even more threatening than it really is.

Then there's Nikells who brought the idea forward (but it was among other theories so it's less incriminating) and also because he puts me on top of his list because he feels sore about a vote I made on Day Two.

Last, but not least would be Hephaestos, because the possibility of him being recruited by the Mafia is very real.

So there you have it : Silver-Tiger, Nikells and Heph

Signature goes here!

Hephaestos said:

[...]However the thing that is tickling my eyes when I read is that he[Nikells] puts himself in the most likely mafia list... when all the calls against him were cult oriented... That very much looks like he tries to have his list copy pasted for people to think he's just not what he is (as his early game attitude was not mafia like, they'll disagree with the mafia accusation)... this is why in the 3 suspects he's my highest one (exclusively as cult though).[...]

I didn't really say whether my suspicions were mafia or cult, and scummy behavior is scummy behavior.  If I had to put a name to it though, I was more thinking mafia.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Add hatmoza for his fucking lurking.

He was all outspoken earlier, then became hardly present at all.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

Add hatmoza for his fucking lurking.

He was all outspoken earlier, then became hardly present at all.

Yeah, I want to know what happened to him last night.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

I already posted my biggest mafia suspects (Nikells, Silver-Tiger, TruckOSaurus).  My cult suspects are Hatmoza, Hephaestos, and Noname.

Now Playing