By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Nikells said:

I agree: that seems like the most likely option.
If a new cult leader was appointed as soon as we killed the old one we'd be forever a step behind and wouldn't be able to win.

I agree that a ever-spawning cult leader would be overpowered but I don't see why you think the cult would gain a kill ability once their leader is dead though. Wouldn't they have killed last night since nen died the night before that?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I say we make a list of suspects. Give your top 3. They will be graded and sorted.

Hmmmm...

By my own logic either TOS or Silver-Tiger must be mafia (since I know i'm not.)
I recall TOS wasn't that bothered if I got lynched back when both of us could have been the SK. It turned out neither of us were but it seemed like he didn't care who got lynched as long as it wasn't him.

Noname name-claimed very early on so there's a good chance nen-suer decided to recruit him during one of the nights. 

I don't know what to do with Heph. To be fair to him he has kept his side of the bargain so far, but realistically it doesn't look like he's going to be cured at this point. Whatever his intentions though he's completely trapped: as soon as he tries something we're going to lynch him anyway. Since Hatmoza is still alive and could feasibly still cure Heph, he's got a slightly better chance of winning if he helps the town rather than hinders it.

Suspect 1: TOS
Suspect 2: Noname
Suspect 3: Hephaestos

TruckOSaurus said:
I agree that a ever-spawning cult leader would be overpowered but I don't see why you think the cult would gain a kill ability once their leader is dead though. Wouldn't they have killed last night since nen died the night before that?

Hmm, good point.
I don't honestly know how the cult works in this game, perhaps they can only recruit every 2 nights??

Have you ever been in a game with a cult before, how does it usually work?

theprof00 said:
why did you move dtewi to the more likely-cult? Nobody believed mario that sabby visited dtewi.

The night mario died, so did nen. The next day is when we found out that dtewi was not mafia.

The list is just hurting my head now, I am unable to factor in the believement level at certain points during the game.
You're very defensive of dtewi, did you guys just start dating or something?

Nikells said:
theprof00 said:

I say we make a list of suspects. Give your top 3. They will be graded and sorted.

Hmmmm...

By my own logic either TOS or Silver-Tiger must be mafia (since I know i'm not.)
I recall TOS wasn't that bothered if I got lynched back when both of us could have been the SK. It turned out neither of us were but it seemed like he didn't care who got lynched as long as it wasn't him.

Noname name-claimed very early on so there's a good chance nen-suer decided to recruit him during one of the nights. 

I don't know what to do with Heph. To be fair to him he has kept his side of the bargain so far, but realistically it doesn't look like he's going to be cured at this point. Whatever his intentions though he's completely trapped: as soon as he tries something we're going to lynch him anyway. Since Hatmoza is still alive and could feasibly still cure Heph, he's got a slightly better chance of winning if he helps the town rather than hinders it.

Suspect 1: TOS
Suspect 2: Noname
Suspect 3: Hephaestos

Yes was I happy I wasn't getting mislynch on that day because of an S at the end of my name.

I was fine with lynching you when I thought you were scum. That happened when I thought you were saying "If you lynch me I'm taking my information to my grave", I saw that as a clear scum move but you later clarified your position and I unvoted you right after.

Now the fact that you're twisting the facts to make me your top suspect makes me think you might have been Mafia after all.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Yes was I happy I wasn't getting mislynch on that day because of an S at the end of my name.

I was fine with lynching you when I thought you were scum. That happened when I thought you were saying "If you lynch me I'm taking my information to my grave", I saw that as a clear scum move but you later clarified your position and I unvoted you right after.

Now the fact that you're twisting the facts to make me your top suspect makes me think you might have been Mafia after all.

Sorry, I remember that now.
Regardless, I'm certain either you or Silver-Tiger are mafia. Both of you have been quite quiet for the whole game but you're the one that voted for someone I know for a fact is a townie (me!)

My list stands, think what you will of me.

When's the last time hatmoza was online? 

I am willing to believe Nikells right now. I don't see a mafia making a big deal about not revealing his role, because saying that puts attention/suspicion on you. 

Also, it's very unlikely the cult can still recruit without their leader. Having a leader change is extremely unfair, and it makes it nearly impossible for the town to win that way. I mean, we would kill one just to have another one join at night? Pah! 

Its likely the cult have roles or keep their roles once they join, though. 

Also, FoS noname for downplaying the cult! I see what he means, but if it means forgetting the cult and only focusing on them after chasing mafia is just weird, especially if we don't know for sure what they are still capable of. It's best to just lynch whoever comes up as scum, mafia or cult. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Nikells said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Sorry, I remember that now.
Regardless, I'm certain either you or Silver-Tiger are mafia. Both of you have been quite quiet for the whole game but you're the one that voted for someone I know for a fact is a townie (me!)

My list stands, think what you will of me.

What about all the people who voted for SM128 on Day Three? They all voted for a townie too. It doesn't make them automatically Mafia.

So if I'm getting it right, I'm your top suspect because I voted for you on Day Two, you now remember why I did it and why I removed my vote but you're still putting me on top because........... (and that's where I'm stuck)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
What about all the people who voted for SM128 on Day Three? They all voted for a townie too. It doesn't make them automatically Mafia.

So if I'm getting it right, I'm your top suspect because I voted for you on Day Two, you now remember why I did it and why I removed my vote but you're still putting me on top because........... (and that's where I'm stuck)

Pretty much. You're my top suspect because I believe one of you has to be mafia and I have less reason to believe it's Silver Tiger. You were in favor of lynching me to make sure Hatmoza got the SK even before I made the post in question. It made no sense to me that even though Hatmoza had narrowed the SK down to three people you were happy to risk killing off a townie to get him one night sooner (as long as it wasn't you.)

In regards to supermario: I would have voted to lynch him too if other people hadn't gotten there before me.

I think that creating mass lists of suspects without any explanations for your suspicions just creates suspicion.

So anyway, here:

HEPHAESTOS - His kill changing to a different color, and the fact that there's a mafia psychiatrist leads me to believe he's scum now.

NONAME - Wanting the cult to be forgotten leads me to believe that he's a cultist.

Those are my two suspects. I don't think anyone else harbors enough suspicion now to accuse.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you