By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Nikells said:

Anyway, I'm not trying to point fingers just yet but I think this is a logical way to sort the remaining players. These lists aren't sorted into descending order of guilt or anything.

More likely Cultist
Hatmoza
Hephaestos

Noname
theprof00 (if he roleclaimed before nen died, I haven't checked yet)

Neither
c03n3nj0

More likely Mafia
TOS
Silver-Tiger
theRepublic
dtewi
Nikells

dtewi isn't mafia

Around the Network

Ok, here is another thought on the cult.

Question: Once recruited to the cult do players get to keep their abilities?

So if Hatmoza was recruited would he be able to recruit Heph independently of the cultist recruitment?

theprof00 said:

ok I'm willing to leave him alone. That's enough informatino for me.

Really?  To be honest, I have the opposite reaction.

Silver-Tiger said:

And Nikells has a point with the cult. If the mafia started with 5 players, they now down to 2 or 3, if Heph has been recruited. The cult may be at 3, or even 4 if we consider Heph as recruited cult member. So the cult is an equal danger to us, if not even more danger, noname. I also imgine they can kill somebody at night, too. What if the cult can talk at night as well, deciding on killing somebody at night? Don't call this farfetched, I'Ve been dead-on with my mafia-recruiter theory, and I've been dead-on with my j0 fate-changing theory.

Also, noname, you downplaying the risk of the cult seems incredibly scummy for me. Be honest. Have you been recuited by the cult?

I seriously doubt that the mafia started with five players: adding in a serial killer and the cult leader, we would have seven anti-towns, plus the near-certainty of creating more as the game goes on.  That's just too unbalanced.  Nor is it likely that the cult has three people now, since nen likely killed vetteman Night Three: two is the most that we're looking at. 

I'm a bit lost as to how you think I'm downplaying the cult.  Judging from the fact that only one kill happened last night, and none happened on Night Two, I'm skeptical that the surviving cultists have any killpower.  I'm not certain, but I'm skeptical.  In the meantime, we know that the mafia can still kill, and I'm thinking they're down to one or two members at this point, so it's much more logical to eliminate them first, as they can actually kill us.

And to answer your question, no, I have not been recruited by or belong to the cult, the mafia, or any anti-town faction.  Any surviving lie detector is welcome to verify that.

Nikells said:

So if Hatmoza was recruited would he be able to recruit Heph independently of the cultist recruitment?

I wondered that too, but they must. Otherwise recruiting people is useless and not as powerful as people make it out to be.

But I disagree with ST, I don't think cult get their own kill.

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

ok I'm willing to leave him alone. That's enough informatino for me.

Really?  To be honest, I have the opposite reaction.

I think I know his role.. though I don't see how it matches up with name

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Nikells said:

Anyway, I'm not trying to point fingers just yet but I think this is a logical way to sort the remaining players. These lists aren't sorted into descending order of guilt or anything.

More likely Cultist
Hatmoza
Hephaestos

Noname
theprof00 (if he roleclaimed before nen died, I haven't checked yet)

Neither
c03n3nj0

More likely Mafia
TOS
Silver-Tiger
theRepublic
dtewi
Nikells

dtewi isn't mafia

That list is based on what I remember so I'll change it if I've put someone in the wrong place.
I don't believe dtewi is mafia but I don't remember any solid evidence proving he wasn't?

Questions regarding the list:
- Did dtewi name/roleclaim? 
- Did theRepublic name/roleclaim? 
- Did theprof00 roleclaim before nen-suer died or after?

Nikells said:

According to mafiawiki, the customary answer is "no."  However, this game has already altered several of the traditional balances, so we can't completely assume that that holds true.  I don't think they have the power to kill, but they may have other powers.

theprof00 said:
Nikells said:

I wondered that too, but they must. Otherwise recruiting people is useless and not as powerful as people make it out to be.

The power of a cult is not necessarily the powers they have or don't have, it's the fact that they are a growing evil faction. Now, we may have stopped the growing of the cult since nen-suer is dead, unless the recruiting powers get passed down to other cultists as the leader dies.

The search for the cult members is very important one but it's also a dangerous one because it forces us to focus on people who we considered to be on our side. This could easily lead to mislynches.

Signature goes here!

@Nikells: supermario said sabby visited dtewi one night. Sabby was Mafia so him visiting another Mafia member makes no sense so it's safe to assume dtewi is not Mafia.

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:

Hmm OK, thinking about it that's actually a little scary.

What if once we kill the leader another of the cult members takes over recruiting?

It's got to be one of the following 3 options or the cult would be a position where they can't do anything as soon as the leader dies.

1) Cult leader dies, new cult leader appointed.
2) Cult members keep their powers when recruited but use them for the cult.
3) Cult can kill/recruit once per night but only kill once the leader is dead.