By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

TruckOSaurus said:

The annihilated tag annoys me.

One hand I thought Heph's assumption that it represented Zeus's vigilante kill made sense but reading the flavor text from the night where Vetteman and nen-suer died, it doesn't really fit because Zeus isn't exactly a fiery figure.

So annihilated could be used for someone targetted by two people at the same time. So maybe Vetteman's psychiatrist ability didn't treat his target but killed him and then Heph targetted him also but once again Kratos doesn't fit the fiery figure mentionned.

The only God of War character alive that I could see being the fiery figure could Perses the fire Titan. Since this game is inspired by God of War and not Greek mythology I don't think Hephaestus matches that description (from his representation in the game)

there was no mafia kill that night... you mean to say every one ganged on Nen.... must have been hell of a party!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

@Heph: I'm not sure of anything but I'm trying to make sense of the previous nights with the information we have now. What's your take on how nen-suer died?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

@Heph: I'm not sure of anything but I'm trying to make sense of the previous nights with the information we have now. What's your take on how nen-suer died?

the info we have is this:

_ there was only massacred and butchered before, according to what I said Kratos is massacred.

_ the vigilantes SKs are patapon, myself, SFB/FF and Nen. But it is assumed Patapon didn't kill at all, so unknown are SFB/FF and Nen.

_ The butchered kill was made with 2 persons talking... one definitely pro town not approving of the kill, this sounds enormously like Nen.

_ I said I targeted Nen, suspicion rose on the "annihilated" as FF was not know as a vigilante at the time.

_ Vett died in "Other"

My assumption is that Nen was butchered because of the 2 people talking.... the 2 people talking would mean he recruited night one too. (cult at 2)

no kill night 2 (cult at 3)

This above I take for pretty much certain.

Now the question of night 3:

I have 2 hypothesis, I lean heavily on the first one as everything fits.

1) Nen had an ability to kill the recruiter should he reveal himself (maybe by posting the time of night "it's exactly 12:31 AM" to do the kill? this is the sentence that led me to Nen, the way it was italisized  struck me, it can't have been a coincidence), this would explain the Other and be consistant with the story. Then FF killed Nen, having sent his PM before me (I sent it late as I even considered killing FF so that he doesn't disturb the balance of the game.... if you recall I was pretty pissed at his nightpost citing both Hat and Prof). My kill was thus just dismissed. Nen May or may not have been able to recruit that night.

2) Nen was recruiting when Vett found him... but because he was actively recruiting, Vett died. This doesn't fit with the story, but it does simplify the way Vet died. Rest is the same, FF then me target him. (Cult at 4-1)

as you can see in both my hypothesis, there is the possibility for the cult to be at 4(-1 for Nen)...hence why I keep on saying they are 3.

Remember that coincidences are seldom just that. Annahilated appears, the FF is revealed as Vigilante. Vet roleclaims and is killed the same night. I find a clue pointing to Morpheus and guessed correctly (out of 14 players), likelyhood someone as eager to play as FF found it too is high.

I know it's all supositions... but consider my role, the only info I have is that the people I target show up dead in the morning...not much to give more than theories.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

TruckOSaurus said:

On day two, Nikells said that he couldn't save himself with a name/roleclaim, at that time I figured he meant he had an non important role but now I'm wondering if it was because he has a Titan name...

I don't have a Titan's name but my name is so linked to my role that by name-claiming I'd basically just be role-claiming anyway.

Also: I have a fairly important role (I'm not a vanilla townie) but once I've explained it to everybody it completely loses its bite. For this reason I'd only be willing to name/roleclaim as a last ditch effort to salvage something.

Also: I think our main priority right now should be to find the remaining converted cultists.

First of all let's work out how many are left: How many nights would nen-suer have been recruiting people to his cult?

Second: lets work out the most likely targets. Here's what I'm thinking: assuming the cultist dies if he tries to convert a mafia member I imagine he would convert the safest targets possible. I think the most likely cult members have got to be the people who role/name-claimed before nen-suer died.

Obviously Hatmoza and Hephaestos are the two that spring immediately to mind however because of the huge amount of attention that has been on these two targets for the majority of the game there was also the risk of nen-suer being bussed so he may have gone for a lower profile target.

if you think about it: In a strange twist of fate the most likely targets to be mafia members are also the least likely to be cult.

Around the Network

Nikells said:

Also: I think our main priority right now should be to find the remaining converted cultists.

First of all let's work out how many are left: How many nights would nen-suer have been recruiting people to his cult?

Second: lets work out the most likely targets. Here's what I'm thinking: assuming the cultist dies if he tries to convert a mafia member I imagine he would convert the safest targets possible. I think the most likely cult members have got to be the people who role/name-claimed before nen-suer died.

Obviously Hatmoza and Hephaestos are the two that spring immediately to mind however because of the huge amount of attention that has been on these two targets for the majority of the game there was also the risk of nen-suer being bussed so he may have gone for a lower profile target.

if you think about it: In a strange twist of fate the most likely targets to be mafia members are also the least likely to be cult.

Hmm, who else would rolecall? Oh I know! I did that!

Are you pointing at me (scummily not even mentioning my name either) while I'm putting pressure on you?

We ask you for information and you give us that.

Nikells said:

I disagree; unless the cult recruited someone who has, and retains, the power to kill, then they can keep for now while we hunt down mafia instead.  Assuming hephaestos hasn't already been recruited, and that he stays his hand, eliminating the mafia would end the night kills, thus buying us more time to find scum and leaving all the killpower in our hands.

theprof00 said:
Hmm, who else would rolecall? Oh I know! I did that!

Are you pointing at me (scummily not even mentioning my name either) while I'm putting pressure on you?

We ask you for information and you give us that.

I was actually thinking of Noname (if I recall he nameclaimed early on.)
Didn't you roleclaim after nen-suer died?

What information do you want from me? It just seems like you're trying to get me to roleclaim prematurely.

Nikells said:

Also: I have a fairly important role (I'm not a vanilla townie) but once I've explained it to everybody it completely loses its bite. For this reason I'd only be willing to name/roleclaim as a last ditch effort to salvage something.

Question:  when you say this, do you mean "I'd be too tempting a target if I spoke up" or do you mean "I actually lose my power when I explain it"?