By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

noname2200 said:

The only thought I have to share right now is that dtewi's almost certainly not in the mafia.  Beyond that...

Why are you so sure of Dtewi?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
noname2200 said:

The only thought I have to share right now is that dtewi's almost certainly not in the mafia.  Beyond that...

I have the same feeling. Mainly because I pressured him earlier on and he never once FoSed me for coming after him with flimsy evidence.

And it was flimsy. I was trying to bait him and where I had implications that a mafia member would be pressured by, he wasn't pressured. Additionally, sabby visited dtewi, sabby was a psych. So dtewi is not mafia. He could be cult, but he's certainly not mafia. And, I doubt he's cult. Nobody knows what his power is, either, so as far as being an asset, he was pretty low priority IMO.

Besides, doesn't a cult recruiter die if he targets a mafia? Dtewi hasn't really done anything to show that he could be town or mafia, so I doubt a leader would take that chance. It just doesn't add up.

Also, (and maybe a little bias is involved here) I've put most of my trust into him, and it would really suck if I'm wrong. However, all my instincts so far have been correct.

tl:dr I'm 100% sure he's not mafia, and maybe 99% sure he's not cult

TruckOSaurus said:
dtewi said:

@bolded

Excuse me? What's that about?

OK, so the mafia psych, who would he be finding?

The cult leader or the SK?

The mafia curing the serial killer sounds more likely than the mafia curing the cult leader. 

Or if they have a psychiatrist for Morpheus, they might have a psych for Kratos?

Also, I'd really like to know how if sabby was a psych he was able to know everyone's roles.

Sabby said he knew two roles, j0 and theRepublic. Unfortanely j0 roleclaimed before sabby could say "j0 is the Sister of Fate" and theRepublic said that sabby's claim was only vaguely true. So sabby could have very well made it all up.

Either that or the mafia really does have a role cop, just not Sabby.  My role is probably described as Watcher in part, but again, it is not quite like the traditional Watcher role.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
noname2200 said:

I have the same feeling. Mainly because I pressured him earlier on and he never once FoSed me for coming after him with flimsy evidence.

And it was flimsy. I was trying to bait him and where I had implications that a mafia member would be pressured by, he wasn't pressured. Additionally, sabby visited dtewi, sabby was a psych. So dtewi is not mafia. He could be cult, but he's certainly not mafia. And, I doubt he's cult. Nobody knows what his power is, either, so as far as being an asset, he was pretty low priority IMO.

Besides, doesn't a cult recruiter die if he targets a mafia? Dtewi hasn't really done anything to show that he could be town or mafia, so I doubt a leader would take that chance. It just doesn't add up.

Also, (and maybe a little bias is involved here) I've put most of my trust into him, and it would really suck if I'm wrong. However, all my instincts so far have been correct.

tl:dr I'm 100% sure he's not mafia, and maybe 99% sure he's not cult

I forgot that Supermario said that Sabby visited Dtewi.  Good point.

Now Playing

dtewi said:

Correction: a cult member was not recruited on Night 3. Nen decided to kill Vett instead of recruiting. So that means there are only two cultists.

It's a 5:1:2:2 spread. Or a 4:1:2:3 spread if there were 6 scum.

There is no way the game started with 6 mafia, a serial killer, and a cult leader unless GoW_3ever is evil.

Right now I think we are either at 6:1:2:1 or 5:1:2:2.  If it is the latter, we are in some serious trouble right now.

Now Playing

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
dtewi said:

Correction: a cult member was not recruited on Night 3. Nen decided to kill Vett instead of recruiting. So that means there are only two cultists.

It's a 5:1:2:2 spread. Or a 4:1:2:3 spread if there were 6 scum.

There is no way the game started with 6 mafia, a serial killer, and a cult leader unless GoW_3ever is evil.

Right now I think we are either at 6:1:2:1 or 5:1:2:2.  If it is the latter, we are in some serious trouble right now.

So who are you thinking?

To me, I think Hephaestos is a likely candidate. And it either boils down to there being 4, 5 or 6 scum at the start. My bet is on 5.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
theRepublic said:

So who are you thinking?

To me, I think Hephaestos is a likely candidate. And it either boils down to there being 4, 5 or 6 scum at the start. My bet is on 5.

I'm going through the thread right now.  Silver-Tiger, TruckOSaurus, and Nikells jump out at me as three likely suspects right now.

Hephaestos is a sure thing in lynching an anti-town, but I'm not sure we need to take him just yet.  I would like to hear from Hatmoza on this.  What exactly happened last night?

Now Playing

Somebody asked for my suspects earlier, right now they would have to be Silver-Tiger, Nikells and theRepublic. I'm pretty sure that we'll find the last of the mafia in the three of them.

What bugs me though is that my suspicion on them is mostly due to lack of evidence (posts) on them.

On day two, Nikells said that he couldn't save himself with a name/roleclaim, at that time I figured he meant he had an non important role but now I'm wondering if it was because he has a Titan name...

Signature goes here!

Nikells said:
c03n3nj0 said:

1 death was mafia
1 death was Sister of Fate
1 death was Kratos
the last death is what you claim to be morpheous

What is Sister of Fate anyway?
And what's a Titan now I think of it?

Co3n3nj0 pointed this post out earlier.  It seems to me a lot like Squilliam's "What happens at night?" post.

Along with the lurking, and what TruckOSaurus pointed out above about his earlier reluctance to role claim makes him my top suspect.

Now Playing

theRepublic said:
Nikells said:
c03n3nj0 said:

1 death was mafia
1 death was Sister of Fate
1 death was Kratos
the last death is what you claim to be morpheous

What is Sister of Fate anyway?
And what's a Titan now I think of it?

Co3n3nj0 pointed this post out earlier.  It seems to me a lot like Squilliam's "What happens at night?" post.

Along with the lurking, and what TruckOSaurus pointed out above about his earlier reluctance to role claim makes him my top suspect.

This is such a hard decision to make for me.. I'll wait til more people vote before I decide what to do.

Last night, I blocked nikells. To me he is obviously a suspect. However, from what I've been told, SKs get stronger and stronger as the game progresses. On top of that, Hat has been unable so far to get him.

I'm willing to try one more lynch to get that busser, after that I have to seriously start considering heph.

unvote/vote nikells