By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

@theprof

So it could be in that My Recent Threads list and he can keep up with it.

OT:

OK, so 3 mafia are dead.

There are either 2-3 left.

And there's probably 2-3 cult left.

This means 4-6 people who are evil in the town, and there's 10 people left.

Half of the people in this game are now evil. That's a bit of a scary thought.

So here's what we know:

There's a mafia bus driver.

There's a mafia psychiatrist.

Hatmoza has not been able to cure Hephaestos.

With a mafia bus driver, the mafia can cure Heph while at the same time make sure hatmoza can't know he wasn't cured.

Example: They switch Heph with Random Person A. Hatmoza targets Heph, but is switched to Random Person A. The scum target Random Person A, and cure Heph. Heph is now scum.

If they continue to switch Heph, then hatmoza wouldn't be able to target Heph. But now, with the fact that there is a mafia psychiatrist, it's close to foolishness to allow Heph to live.

Although there's one question I have. If he were scum, why would he have been helping the town?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

cause we don't know the buss driver is mafia....

heck I even found something:

if I was turned night 2 as you say (when Hat and I were first bussed), How did the mafia not kill night 3? they didn't need to buss me anymore, they could have used the buss to kill whoever they intended... yet they didn't kill.

the reason for that is because they can't buss me, the cult is the one bussing me!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

dtewi said:

@theprof

OT:

OK, so 3 mafia are dead.

So here's what we know:

With a mafia bus driver, the mafia can cure Heph while at the same time make sure hatmoza can't know he wasn't cured.

Example: They switch Heph with Random Person A. Hatmoza targets Heph, but is switched to Random Person A. The scum target Random Person A, and cure Heph. Heph is now scum.

If they continue to switch Heph, then hatmoza wouldn't be able to target Heph. But now, with the fact that there is a mafia psychiatrist, it's close to foolishness to allow Heph to live.

Although there's one question I have. If he were scum, why would he have been helping the town?

who, heph?

he killed one enemy. Nen. Honestly, there is no chance that he could've known. He acts like he's helping, but he's really just taking stabs in the dark. He had no way of knowing nen except for suspicious behavior.

Additionally, nen was a cult. Mafia have no way of telling anyone outside mafia apart. He might've simply killed nen because he was sure he wasn't mafia, but was acting suspicious.
Now, I'm not saying he didn't help. He did. He helped a whole lot. Without him, we'd still be in the dark.

However, don't mistake his helping with being on our side.

Anyway, doesn't anyone think it's a bit suspect that sabby threw himself to the pit yesterday and he's the mafia psych? Additionally, making all those implications...what was that about? He claimed role cop etc... why?

Out of the people he listed, there's gotta be something up with one or two of them. Why give that information away? I'm not sure, but c0n3nj0 is acting suspiciously. The chatter going around there was like "hey, nice job" , "awesome", and then today he's like "see, I did help".

Anyway, there was obviously a move yesterday.

1) Some kind of play involving the people he named, they could be mafia, or they could be townies that he wants people to suspect.

2) It's suspicious the way he threw himself away. He was the psych. Was he no longer needed? Is this in revelation to morpheus? Was he looking for morpheus or kratos? Did morpheus' death trigger his meltdown...

anyway, I'm going to continue waiting for some goddamn information because it seems nobody has concrete proof about anything except me. This is so frustrating. Two cops. NOT ONE IMPLICATION. Lie detector. Nothing. Guide, almost nothing.

All that's going around is meaningless conjecture.

Hephaestos said:

if I was turned night 2 as you say (when Hat and I were first bussed), How did the mafia not kill night 3? they didn't need to buss me anymore, they could have used the buss to kill whoever they intended... yet they didn't kill.

the reason for that is because they can't buss me, the cult is the one bussing me!

while the cult busser is likely.. I'm not without my doubts.

Cults can't recruit mafia right?

so then the busser was a townie who got turned.

Why would the cult care when the cult leader was an SK and he had a busser?

Argh, not to be a grammar nazi, but bus only has one 'S'. >__<

This is Day 5 right?

So night 3 was the death of nen and vett.

OK, here's what probably happened.

The mafia might have targeted the same person nen targeted.

Or they acted very stupidly and targeted someone that had doctoral protection.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

who, heph?

he killed one enemy. Nen. Honestly, there is no chance that he could've known. He acts like he's helping, but he's really just taking stabs in the dark. He had no way of knowing nen except for suspicious behavior.

Additionally, nen was a cult. Mafia have no way of telling anyone outside mafia apart. He might've simply killed nen because he was sure he wasn't mafia, but was acting suspicious.
Now, I'm not saying he didn't help. He did. He helped a whole lot. Without him, we'd still be in the dark.

However, don't mistake his helping with being on our side.

Anyway, doesn't anyone think it's a bit suspect that sabby threw himself to the pit yesterday and he's the mafia psych? Additionally, making all those implications...what was that about? He claimed role cop etc... why?

Out of the people he listed, there's gotta be something up with one or two of them. Why give that information away? I'm not sure, but c0n3nj0 is acting suspiciously. The chatter going around there was like "hey, nice job" , "awesome", and then today he's like "see, I did help".

Anyway, there was obviously a move yesterday.

1) Some kind of play involving the people he named, they could be mafia, or they could be townies that he wants people to suspect.

2) It's suspicious the way he threw himself away. He was the psych. Was he no longer needed? Is this in revelation to morpheus? Was he looking for morpheus or kratos? Did morpheus' death trigger his meltdown...

anyway, I'm going to continue waiting for some goddamn information because it seems nobody has concrete proof about anything except me. This is so frustrating. Two cops. NOT ONE IMPLICATION. Lie detector. Nothing. Guide, almost nothing.

All that's going around is meaningless conjecture.

@bolded

Excuse me? What's that about?

OK, so the mafia psych, who would he be finding?

The cult leader or the SK?

The mafia curing the serial killer sounds more likely than the mafia curing the cult leader. 

Or if they have a psychiatrist for Morpheus, they might have a psych for Kratos?

Also, I'd really like to know how if sabby was a psych he was able to know everyone's roles.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

@bolded

Excuse me? What's that about?

OK, so the mafia psych, who would he be finding?

The cult leader or the SK?

The mafia curing the serial killer sounds more likely than the mafia curing the cult leader. 

Or if they have a psychiatrist for Morpheus, they might have a psych for Kratos?

Also, I'd really like to know how if sabby was a psych he was able to know everyone's roles.

Sabby said he knew two roles, j0 and theRepublic. Unfortanely j0 roleclaimed before sabby could say "j0 is the Sister of Fate" and theRepublic said that sabby's claim was only vaguely true. So sabby could have very well made it all up.

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:
Hephaestos said:

while the cult busser is likely.. I'm not without my doubts.

Cults can't recruit mafia right?

so then the busser was a townie who got turned.

Why would the cult care when the cult leader was an SK and he had a busser?

cause the cult leader/SK probably couldn't recruit if he killed at the same time? however, keeping my situation alive by bussing while the town insisted that I don't kill gives a stalemate while the cult recruits... and was potentially leading to Hat's lynch then mine, no need to waist a recruiting night on us.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

dtewi said:

@theprof

OT:

OK, so 3 mafia are dead.

So here's what we know:

A couple of points, I wanted to bring up:

- You're thinking about a 5-6 person Mafia with all the other factions we already know about!!! That's insane!

- 2-3 cult members sounds reasonable, but I'd go with 2 since from what we know nen killed on Night One, probably recruited Nights 2 and 3 and then he died.

- Why are talking about the Mafia psychiatrist in the present tense?

Signature goes here!

The only thought I have to share right now is that dtewi's almost certainly not in the mafia.  Beyond that...

We now have, for sure, three mafia, a serial killer, and a cult leader.  That's five anti-town roles (1/4), one of which thrives on making more anti-town roles.  There may be a second serial killer as well, although the lack of green-colored kills since Night One makes me wonder about that...  In any case, do we think it would be fair to have six anti-town roles  (6/20) at the start, with more anti-towns inevitably getting created?  Or do we think it more likely that there were only three mafia, a serial killer, and a cult leader to begin with?

Additionally, I hate to beat the same drum yet again, especially since my suspicions have decreased since GodOfWar's flip-off post, but do we think it's plausible that we would have a daytime vigilante (patapon), a night vigilante (SciFiBoy), and a psychiatrist who can convert the serial killer into another vigilante?