By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:

The bright side, is that we can always think about heph as a target too.

Heph's story is also inconsistent, and honestly, sabby is useless tonight. He can't do anything.

I don't think he would lie about how his powers work. Liars tend to tell the truth about everything except one major detail. It helps them keep their story straight.

The thing is, if he IS mafia he would naturally be willing to lie like a rug about investigation targets/results if he thought he could get away with it and it would help the mafia.  But I can't for the life of me figure out how "I targeted Khuutra but got switched to dtewi" helps them if it's a lie (and he really only targeted dtewi) ... unless he wants to make us believe there's a bus driver when there isn't.  But, if there isn't, how do we explain Aphrodite's block ending up away from its target?  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
@5

OMFG how did I not see that.. holy shit.

If nen targeted heph....they got hat.

Hephaestos said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP! Yeah me! Sorry for my lack of posting, I've been gone most of the weekend and this game is going so fast.

just added a bunch of text for you to read! Oh yeah I know you like that :p

Yeah I saw that when I finished my post. Your points seem pretty good and right now I don't think you are a threat to the town. Although I'm really hoping hatmoza will find it's way to you soon. We gotta get that bus driver!!!

Signature goes here!

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

The bright side, is that we can always think about heph as a target too.

Heph's story is also inconsistent, and honestly, sabby is useless tonight. He can't do anything.

I don't think he would lie about how his powers work. Liars tend to tell the truth about everything except one major detail. It helps them keep their story straight.

The thing is, if he IS mafia he would naturally be willing to lie like a rug about investigation targets/results if he thought he could get away with it and it would help the mafia.  But I can't for the life of me figure out how "I targeted Khuutra but got switched to dtewi" helps them if it's a lie (and he really only targeted dtewi) ... unless he wants to make us believe there's a bus driver when there isn't.  But, if there isn't, how do we explain Aphrodite's block ending up away from its target?  

I don't think there would be an explanation for that other than a bus driver.

Sabby was maybe trying to exonerate himself by saying he investigated Khuutra. He might have been lying about that night action.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

theprof00 said:
@5

OMFG how did I not see that.. holy shit.

If nen targeted heph....they got hat.

Yeah, I thought it was fairly clear that either hat or heph is cult.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I'm all for more information. Hopefully he kills another mafia.

I'm willing to get rid of sabby while we compile more information.

Oh, by the way, you all passed.

This is what my chart was for:

1) anybody that name claims a titan from now on is guilty.
2) Names other than major gods are still suspicious.
3) The chart was an example of WIFOM. The WIFOM started with sabby nameclaiming a titan. His answer was that it was his name but he was pro-town. He made us think that he had an option, either making up a name, or claiming Gaia. In truth, he had no option. He can't make up a name because one of us is likely to have it, soo.....
4) I made a chart under the pretenses that if anyone could replicate his exact scenario, he would be exonerated. I made it appear like there were two options. a) name claim a titan and say you're good (because claiming anything else and bad is suicide), or b) Saying they do not have titan names. In reality there was only one option; saying "no". Anyone who would have said "yes" are mafia. However, they would have the likeliness to want to protect their ally by saying "yes". I made it seem like they had a chance when they didn't. In that, all the titan's passed and didn't fall for it, and neither did I have to resort to asking people for their names.

Anyways

vote sabby

Rereading today's posts:

I don't see why j0 roleclaimed when he did, he could have asked Sabby to give up his information on him before he blurted out his role. Anyway, what's done is done.

I'm inclined to believe his roleclaim, since targetting Khuutra on Night One really was the best move because since hatmoza was getting doctor protection if Khuutra had been town he would probably have died on Night One and j0 would have saved him and with Khuutra being mafia well we all know what happened.

Signature goes here!

Still rereading the day:

Sabby claims to have tracked hatmoza on Night 3, that's like the worst person you could track, everyone knew what hatmoza was going to do at night. My guess is Sabby got trapped with his track and cop on the same night claim and he did what any lying scum would do, use easily "guessable" information to fill the holes in his story.

Signature goes here!

Vote Count

5 out of 12 players have voted

All Votes Sabby (L-2)

co3n3nj0, silver-tiger, dtewi, theprof00, TruckOSaurus

Hephaestos said:

7)

So the town has 1 lynch a day, while there is a cult (1-2 members) and Mafiosis (2-3), and barely any clues on the next ones (well see 8), so out of 12 players there are 3-5 others, 1 SK and possibly as low as 6 townies..... yeah sure please put on trail the extra kill you have... you know the one that just killed an SK, revealing the threat of a cult in the process.... I've proven to be a real threat to the town haven't I....

once again for the record, i'm not a threat till there are only 7 players left.... getting rid of me before then would be highly against the town's interests.

(oh I so hope i'm wrong on my #5 ).... :x

No one is saying you did a bad job last Night.  The thing is though, you are more likely to hit pro-town players than not.  Before I wasn't too worried about that because there were a lot of players left and only the mafia to worry about, but now we have a cult to worry about as well.

There is serious question as to whether Hatmoza is still pro-town.  If he isn't pro-town, he won't be able to recruit you to the town's side.  So it looks like we may to have to lynch you and Hatmoza before too long.  In my eyes, that is pretty much wasting two days that could be better spent scum hunting.  With a lynch and two night kills (one yours and one mafia), we will be down to only 6 players two days from now on Day Six.

However, if you don't kill, we could be at 8 players on Day Six.  I think that is a much more manageable situation.  Two less kills should buy us at least an extra day, giving the town more time to figure out what is going on.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)