By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

The emphasis should be on IF.  And I didn't specify whether I have any secret knowledge at all; my "level of knowledge" could be zero.  

the whole point is that it should be zero for you to come back.... and you're not acting like you know nothing (which in itself is information for the players already...)

Does this vague statement from Final-Fan bother no one else?  I want to know that Final-Fan's level of extra knowledge IS zero.  I also want to make sure his conversations with Khuutra outside the thread have given him no extra information.

If Final-Fan can answer both of those questions yes, then I'm OK with him being let in.  However, I am still unclear why the replacement list is seemingly being passed over.  This situation is the very reason we have that list.  Did they all decline?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

The emphasis should be on IF.  And I didn't specify whether I have any secret knowledge at all; my "level of knowledge" could be zero.  

the whole point is that it should be zero for you to come back.... and you're not acting like you know nothing (which in itself is information for the players already...)

Does this vague statement from Final-Fan bother no one else?  I want to know that Final-Fan's level of extra knowledge IS zero.  I also want to make sure his conversations with Khuutra outside the thread have given him no extra information.

If Final-Fan can answer both of those questions yes, then I'm OK with him being let in.  However, I am still unclear why the replacement list is seemingly being passed over.  This situation is the very reason we have that list.  Did they all decline?

it seems stefl agreed, but he needs to get through all the text and he will be able to post tomorrow night.

Sorry guys for not being able to participate. Every day I only get like 3 hours (thats not in one whole excersise) to go on the computer and whenever I return, there was always over 300 posts to read, therefore not allowing me to even finish reading yet alone posting. But now, night 3 has allowed me to catch up (it's 1:40am here atm) so hopefully I'll be good to post when the next day starts.

Also I agree with replacing Final-Fan and SciFiBoy.

It seems you guys are cool with replacing SFB with Final-fan !

He is now officially in the game !

theRepublic said:
Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

Commenting further on the cop's knowledge may give you knowledge you shouldn't have, no?  The point is, I know nothing that would contaminate my ability to play as if I know nothing the town doesn't already know.  

And Khuutra pretty much just told me he was the Godfather, because I was too dumb to check the OP at the time I talked to him.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

welcome.

Now can you guys finish sending your night actions and gossiping so we can start the morning?

Final-Fan said:
theRepublic said:
Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

Commenting further on the cop's knowledge may give you knowledge you shouldn't have, no?  The point is, I know nothing that would contaminate my ability to play as if I know nothing the town doesn't already know.  

And Khuutra pretty much just told me he was the Godfather, because I was too dumb to check the OP at the time I talked to him.  

If you feel you have to hide that information then you shouldn't be playing.  It appears no one cares though.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

theRepublic said:
Final-Fan said:
theRepublic said:
Hephaestos said:
Final-Fan said:

If you feel you have to hide that information then you shouldn't be playing.  It appears no one cares though.

By that I mean we have no clue if "SciFiBoy" knows something he shouldn't, because you won't tell.  If you know something SciFiBoy shouldn't, you should not be allowed to take that role.  If you don't, you can say so and it wouldn't give anyone any more knowledge than they previously had.

Now Playing

If I were to tell you that I as the cop had zero information, that too is information.  Information that IMO I shouldn't tell you, but which would not impair my ability to act as if I was not a previous power role.  I promise I have no information that so impairs me and you will just have to rely on my and GOW's judgment.  

Do you really think I should tell you exactly what I did and didn't know as the cop, even if it is something the town is already aware of?  Because that's what you seem to be suggesting in the above post.  Unless by "say so" you mean the promise I just made.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

...which would not impair my ability to act as if I was not a previous power role.

That is impossible if you do indeed have such information.

I promise I have no information...

Yes, that is what I have been looking for.  I don't understand you were so reluctant to tell the town something which should be a basic requirement for being let back in the game.

Now Playing