By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theRepublic said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theRepublic said:

There is question whether or not the mod would even inform Hephaestos if he was blocked if he PMed saying that he was not going to take an action.

There was a game that I had my night action get blocked twice and was never told by the mod until the game was over.

Another possibility is that the pro-town role blocker ignored theprof00 and blocked who ever he wanted to.

I think the mod informs the player if the player usually receives a result from his action (i.e.: cop, psychiatrist)

In that case, serial killers don't need to get the results from the mod as it is obvious what happened the next day.  They don't need to know especially if they choose not to do anything.

So in other words, theprof00, two role blockers are a definite possibility for this situation.  Mafia bus driver is not the only option.

To add my opinion: The mafia bus driver idea does hold some plausibility, but that's way way way overpowered beyond belief.

I'm leaning towards there being two roleblockers because I think the mafia would roleblock Hatmoza and the pro-town roleblocker would block Heph. If the bus driver idea is true, that would mean a pro-town roleblocker tried to block hatmoza and got switched with Heph.

Although, this is counting on the idea that Heph tried to kill someone and got blocked. He may have not been able to kill last night because of his role conditions.

But I'm definitely leaning towards two roleblockers.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:

200 fucking posts. Thanks guys.

Anyway, Mario lurked for a long time, and when suspected, exploded and voted Hatmoza.

UNVOTE
VOTE: Mario

sorry bro.

good vote.

that makes 6 on sm128, and I don't see any more votes coming in. Looks like we picked the right one.

This hasn't been brought up in a while, but I'm going to make my thoughts known about our serial killer situation.

It is pretty clear that Hephaestos is working on the pro-town side even though he isn't technically pro-town just yet.  For that reason, I don't think he should be killed.  Although we did only give Hatmoza until Day Four, the situation has changed since then.  We know exactly who the serial killer is now.

In this situation, I think the town can bide its time until Hatmoza is successful in curing Hephaestos.  The town is in a better position than the mafia on this one.  We really don't have to worry about Hephaestos being anti-town until the endgame, which is still several nights away.  Even if we are worried about Hatmoza's alignment, we can still put that off another few nights.  On the other hand, Hephaestos can start trying to kill scum now, and the mafia is stuck blocking/switching the same people for the rest of the game.  Eventually, we will either get the role blocker/bus driver, or we run out of time and lynch Hephaestos.

I also think that we should turn Hephaestos loose now without repercussion.  Vigilante is a difficult role, and I don't think we should lynch him just for screwing up once either.  He could choose between lurkers, the lynch runner-up for the day, whoever he thinks is causing confusion for the town, or whoever he thinks is just the scumiest.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theRepublic said:

There is question whether or not the mod would even inform Hephaestos if he was blocked if he PMed saying that he was not going to take an action.

There was a game that I had my night action get blocked twice and was never told by the mod until the game was over.

Another possibility is that the pro-town role blocker ignored theprof00 and blocked who ever he wanted to.

I think the mod informs the player if the player usually receives a result from his action (i.e.: cop, psychiatrist)

In that case, serial killers don't need to get the results from the mod as it is obvious what happened the next day.  They don't need to know especially if they choose not to do anything.

So in other words, theprof00, two role blockers are a definite possibility for this situation.  Mafia bus driver is not the only option.

To add my opinion: The mafia bus driver idea does hold some plausibility, but that's way way way overpowered beyond belief.

I'm leaning towards there being two roleblockers because I think the mafia would roleblock Hatmoza and the pro-town roleblocker would block Heph. If the bus driver idea is true, that would mean a pro-town roleblocker tried to block hatmoza and got switched with Heph.

Although, this is counting on the idea that Heph tried to kill someone and got blocked. He may have not been able to kill last night because of his role conditions.

But, what about the question of who? Uther than sm128, can you think of anyone who might fit the role? Sadly, I can't. 

theRepublic said:

This hasn't been brought up in a while, but I'm going to make my thoughts known about our serial killer situation.

It is pretty clear that Hephaestos is working on the pro-town side even though he isn't technically pro-town just yet.  For that reason, I don't think he should be killed.  Although we did only give Hatmoza until Day Four, the situation has changed since then.  We know exactly who the serial killer is now.

In this situation, I think the town can bide its time until Hatmoza is successful in curing Hephaestos.  The town is in a better position than the mafia on this one.  We really don't have to worry about Hephaestos being anti-town until the endgame, which is still several nights away.  Even if we are worried about Hatmoza's alignment, we can still put that off another few nights.  On the other hand, Hephaestos can start trying to kill scum now, and the mafia is stuck blocking/switching the same people for the rest of the game.  Eventually, we will either get the role blocker/bus driver, or we run out of time and lynch Hephaestos.

I also think that we should turn Hephaestos loose now without repercussion.  Vigilante is a difficult role, and I don't think we should lynch him just for screwing up once either.  He could choose between lurkers, the lynch runner-up for the day, whoever he thinks is causing confusion for the town, or whoever he thinks is just the scumiest.

this is a great idea. I applaud your wisdom townie.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theRepublic said:

But, what about the question of who? Uther than sm128, can you think of anyone who might fit the role? Sadly, I can't. 

I don't know who could be the anti-town roleblocker, but keep in mind we've only found two, maybe 3, possibly 4 scum. I think there are like 1 or 2 more scum and one of them is the roleblocker.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dtewi said:
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:
theRepublic said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theRepublic said:

I don't know who could be the anti-town roleblocker, but keep in mind we've only found two, maybe 3, possibly 4 scum. I think there are like 1 or 2 more scum and one of them is the roleblocker.

maybe Hat will get another guide message with the beginning letters about the target.

And even though I am up for lynching Mario today and noname tomorrow depending on Mario's role, I do not approve of double lynching them.

I am morally opposed to double lynching as it gives the town an unfair advantage.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

theprof00 said:

I don't know why I'm entertaining these ideas. 

I was just having a smoke and thought, man. Everything was perfectly clear earlier... 

It's a busser. Not a blocker.

If the mafia had a bus driver, we didn't they just kill Hatmoza?  He would have been impossible to protect.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)