By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:

Sure it can.  There could be two role blockers in the game.  One pro-town, the other anti-town.  One blocked Hephaestos, the other blocked Hatmoza.

One pro- and one anti-town role blocker is a fairly common set-up, while a mafia bus driver is pretty uncommon as it very difficult to balance.  A mafia with a bus driver are easily able to kill anyone they want, since they can use the bus driver to skirt doctor protections.

For example, a cop role claims.  Normally, they would receive doctor protection.  A mafia with a bus driver only has to target some random townie with their kill, and then switch the cop and the random townie.  The doctor doesn't have a chance.

hmm has heph mentioned anything about being blocked? why didn't he kill..i wonder

I believe he said he didnt attempt to kill anyone

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:
SciFiBoy2.0 said:
theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:

Well are you also just as eager to believe Athena is pro-town?

No, this revelation completely destroys all that. I don't know anymore if athena is pro-town or possible second faction.

Hatmoza keeps claiming a second faction. Maybe he knows all too well.

He cannot be mafia. Squilliam's actions go completely against it. But he could be something else.

Cult?

I know some mafia games have cults in them that can recruit members...

I shudder at the thought,  I remember the game we had a cult,  I was in the cult.  We won that game

are you in a cult now?

Nice try, but no,  I am very much pro-town

I'll repost this because I didn't know you would answer>

just to add another point, if there is a cult and hat is the recruiter. Vette is in the cult.

just sayin'

Hat said he targeted you first. So unless he's lying, and unless there is no cult, you are in the cult.

This assumes that hat is the cult leader.

theprof00 said:

just to add another point, if there is a cult and hat is the recruiter. Vette is in the cult.

just sayin'

What?  explain that situation please?

Another baseless accusation? 

theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:

I shudder at the thought,  I remember the game we had a cult,  I was in the cult.  We won that game

are you in a cult now?

Nice try, but no,  I am very much pro-town

I'll repost this because I didn't know you would answer>

just sayin'

Hat said he targeted you first. So unless he's lying, and unless there is no cult, you are in the cult.

This assumes that hat is the cult leader.

That is if he is telling the truth about who he targetted,  and if there are limitations on who the Cult can and cannot recruit.

Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:

just sayin'

read the quoted response I gave, it's not an accusation, I'm just throwing things out there. Hat said he targeted you on day 1. If he's the cult leader, then... 

perhaps there's simply no cult?

I think the game would already be complicated enough without having 2 kinds of recruiters, three factions, and all the strange roles that have appeared.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:

just sayin'

read the quoted response I gave, it's not an accusation, I'm just throwing things out there. Hat said he targeted you on day 1. If he's the cult leader, then... 

I think the game would already be complicated enough without having 2 kinds of recruiters, three factions, and all the strange roles that have appeared.

Well for all we know there is only one recruiter, which hatmoza claims to be.    Three factions is not that uncommon,  2 anti town factions and the townies.  Unless you mean 3 anti town factions?   But the Cult wouldnt be the third anti-town faction,  just the second anti-town faction.  Do I detect a slip up there????

Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:
Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:

just sayin'

Well for all we know there is only one recruiter, which hatmoza claims to be.    Three factions is not that uncommon,  2 anti town factions and the townies.  Unless you mean 3 anti town factions?   But the Cult wouldnt be the third anti-town faction,  just the second anti-town faction.  Do I detect a slip up there????

a faction is a group of people. pro-town is a faction according to the dictionary. I didn't know I couldn't consider pro-town a faction. XD

And do I detect irony there???

ok so I think supermario128 is sitting at 4 or 5 votes. 

noname made it to 5 votes as well.

How will this one turn out I wonder.

Vetteman94 said:
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:

Sure it can.  There could be two role blockers in the game.  One pro-town, the other anti-town.  One blocked Hephaestos, the other blocked Hatmoza.

One pro- and one anti-town role blocker is a fairly common set-up, while a mafia bus driver is pretty uncommon as it very difficult to balance.  A mafia with a bus driver are easily able to kill anyone they want, since they can use the bus driver to skirt doctor protections.

For example, a cop role claims.  Normally, they would receive doctor protection.  A mafia with a bus driver only has to target some random townie with their kill, and then switch the cop and the random townie.  The doctor doesn't have a chance.

hmm has heph mentioned anything about being blocked? why didn't he kill..i wonder

I believe he said he didnt attempt to kill anyone

There is question whether or not the mod would even inform Hephaestos if he was blocked if he PMed saying that he was not going to take an action.

There was a game that I had my night action get blocked twice and was never told by the mod until the game was over.

Another possibility is that the pro-town role blocker ignored theprof00 and blocked who ever he wanted to.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

What I mean to say vette, is that, would it be possible for hat to be the psych and also there be a cult recruiter?

It seems too complicated. Hat would have to be the cult recruiter, or no cult, and he's simply the psych. Right?