By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

I honestly am bamboozled... I was thinking Heph could Roleblock as well... but he's Kratos, not Aphrodite...

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
noname2200 said:
Silver-Tiger said:

Whew, took them long enough.

Anyway, I want to apologze again for being so absent the last 72 hours. I turned 21 yesterday, that's why I partied pretty much the whole weekend.

First off, congrats on turning 21! 

Question: who's the "them" you're referring to here? 

LOL what IS THAT!?!?

nothing. I was just pissed that we had to wait so long.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I don't think there are 2 factions...

It would mean one RB'd FinalFan and the other killed him. Then the next night they both  failed to kill.

It's unlikely.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

I don't think there are 2 factions...

It would mean one RB'd FinalFan and the other killed him. Then the next night they both  failed to kill.

It's unlikely.

Agreed. The only other possibility then is that aphrodite is mafia. Which conflicts with FF being murdered.

Or that hat's message actually says something else.

theprof00 said:

I just want to say that the mafia already know two important people to kill, hat and heph (unless they already have him, Do we really need to give them another target? And what if Aphrodite really is scum? There won't be a call anyway. A lot of conjecture will be made based on uncertainties.  I don't like that. Just as I don't like lynching someone and having them roleclaim sister of fate or doctor.

If Aphrodite doesn't step forward, that lends support to hatmoza's story that she is scum, since an innocent Aphrodite should be willing to rebut hatmoza's story.  The reverse is equally true.  That's useful information either way.  What I do find concerning is that, regardless of whether hatmoza's telling the truth or not, one of the Gods is probably in the mafia, so it's not as neat a division as I'd hoped for.

nen-suer said:

2nd mafia faction........anyone ?

Unlikely: neither mafia member has a letter next to their name.

dtewi said:

Role blockers who are pro town are never called prostitutes.

Prostitutes are always anti-town. Saying a prostitute could be pro-town is like saying a vigilante could be a serial killers.

I was originally going to point out that we never learned that there was a prostitute, as opposed to just a role-blocker, but after re-reading one of Truck's posts I concede that the flavor text indicates there is a prostitute.

TruckOSaurus said:

I'd start the search with people who asked whether or not Gods were pro-town. I mean you get the role of Aphrodite, you're a God but you're anti-town, that would lead you to second guess the fact that Gods are the pro-towns. Right?

So you still suspect Vetteman, then?

TruckOSaurus said:

Okay, people about the Mafia recruiter thingy. We already know we have(had) a very powerful Mafia on our hands here :

- Mafia Godfather (probably innocent on investigation)

- Mafia Framer (could have had hatmoza lynched if Final-Fan wasn't block and also lived to tell about his investigation)

- Mafia Prostitute (roleblocker, can still screw us by blocking our power roles)

Wait... If the mafia intended to frame hatmoza, why would they role-block the cop?  Assuming, of course, that they knew Final-Fan was the cop, that is.

Silver-Tiger said:

the mafia, obviously.

EDIT: oh, and thanks :)

What makes you think it was the mafia that was holding things up?

Around the Network

Ugh...

Here are the 2 possibilites:

1) The mafia is trying to trick us into thinking there are two factions by killing and RBing Final-Fan.

2) The mafia made a mistake and actually killed FF

3) The night went on too long and GoW3 randomized the kill.

My pick is #3.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
nen-suer said:
dtewi said:

And a prostitute isn't pro-town. It's another name for a mafia roleblocker.

And why in the world would a pro-town roleblocker try to prevent hatmoza from getting a vigilante?

What does that have to do with anything I said?

I'm just saying Aphrodite is definitely not pro town.

I tend to be suspicious of anyone who asserts that someones role or alignment is certain without giving a reason.

care to elaborate Dtewi?

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

I just want to say that the mafia already know two important people to kill, hat and heph (unless they already have him, Do we really need to give them another target? And what if Aphrodite really is scum? There won't be a call anyway. A lot of conjecture will be made based on uncertainties.  I don't like that. Just as I don't like lynching someone and having them roleclaim sister of fate or doctor.

If Aphrodite doesn't step forward, that lends support to hatmoza's story that she is scum, since an innocent Aphrodite should be willing to rebut hatmoza's story.  The reverse is equally true.  That's useful information either way.  What I do find concerning is that, regardless of whether hatmoza's telling the truth or not, one of the Gods is probably in the mafia, so it's not as neat a division as I'd hoped for.

Hatmoza is obviously innocent since Squill tried to set him up. Aph has to be mafia. There's your answer.

Why is that so hard?

SciFiBoy2.0 said:
dtewi said:
nen-suer said:
dtewi said:

And a prostitute isn't pro-town. It's another name for a mafia roleblocker.

And why in the world would a pro-town roleblocker try to prevent hatmoza from getting a vigilante?

What does that have to do with anything I said?

I'm just saying Aphrodite is definitely not pro town.

I tend to be suspicious of anyone who asserts that someones role or alignment is certain without giving a reason.

care to elaborate Dtewi?

She is a prostitute, whom are always anti-town.

And she roleblocked hat, something no pro-town roleblocker would dare to do.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

theprof00 said:

Hatmoza is obviously innocent since Squill tried to set him up. Aph has to be mafia. There's your answer.

Why is that so hard?

Perhaps it really is that simple.  Unfortunately, the only source we have that says that Hatmoza was framed is Squilliam.

Admittedly, Squilliam was rather quick to cough up the idea that hatmoza was framed.  And Squilliam was the mafia's framer, which he admitted to before he died.