By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

theprof00 said:
sabby_e17 said:

So the Mafia got no kill yesterday...I guess we'll have to wait for Hatmoza to confirm wether he cured Heph.

The Mafia could have targeted Heph resulting in no kill because he probably had protection. Another possibility is the presence of a bus driver or even worse, the Mafia themselves have their own guy who can recruit Heph (although I agree that thats unlikely)

why would they target someone who obviously would have been doctored?

Just an assumption. Maybe they tried their luck trying to kill Heph thinking there was a chance Hatmoza had protection. Since a vigilante with doctor's protection would be a big thorn in their side.

But I'm just assuming why the Mafia didn't kill anyone yesterday.

Around the Network

Wow have I missed alot,  it looks like I got some reading to do.   I will comment when I get caught up

Am surprised there is isn't a single kill, i cant believe mafia targeted hatmoza or Hep

Or the mafia have some kind of plan

This day will be harder than the one before it seems.

I'll go eat now and i'll be back asap

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

theprof00 said:
sabby_e17 said:

So the Mafia got no kill yesterday...I guess we'll have to wait for Hatmoza to confirm wether he cured Heph.

The Mafia could have targeted Heph resulting in no kill because he probably had protection. Another possibility is the presence of a bus driver or even worse, the Mafia themselves have their own guy who can recruit Heph (although I agree that thats unlikely)

why would they target someone who obviously would have been doctored?

we will have to assume that mafia targeted either hatmoza or Hep and got blocked by the doctor

hatmoza is still alive that means he can confirm if Hep is "cured" and is on our side now

There is one more possibility (an unlikely one), but am saving it for later

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

noname2200 said:

Looks like I'm not going to get an answer.  Ah well, time to start getting ready for tomorrow, in case I don't make it through tonight.

Permit me a second of self-congratulation: my gut was right about both Khuutra and Squilliam, even if I had nothing to do with the former's death, and only a cursory amount to do with the latter. 

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to focus attention on dtewi for a bit.  He's contradicted himself already in this thread: on Day One he wrote that Kratos being the Serial Killer "makes sense," and he tried to defend Khuutra by saying that he (dtewi) would consider Zeus to be the "ultimate baddie" in the series, which I find to be an odd thing to say when the opening text makes it clear that Zeus is the good guy in our game.  He also thought that hatmoza's role claim was pretty genuine, and that he saw no "reason to poke at it": he even FoS'd silver-tiger for daring to question hatmoza.

Those were just my thoughts before the game began. Before I started, I thought Kratos was going to be Pro-Town and Zeus Anti-Town since that goes along with the series. I didn't see any reason to poke at it then because it did make sense for Kratos was the serial killer.

On Day Two, the contradictions begin.  He was never thinking that Kratos was the Serial Killer: he thought Kratos would be a townie.  Hatmoza was clearly the serial killer.  He became upset when Hephaestos stepped forward and admitted that he (Hephaestos) was indeed Kratos the serial killer.  And, less concretely, he really does seem to bounce from suspect to suspect pretty quickly, and it rarely takes much more than the suspect posting to make him retract his vote.  Query: how many times outside of this thread has dtewi not proven himself to be pretty damned stubborn?

I did think Kratos was the serial killer. I was just expressing what my thoughts of Kratos were before e was revealed to be the SK. I was upset that Heph came forward because he was already going to be cured that same night. But now that the mafia knew who he was, they would try to prevent him being cured in any way possible. That's why I was upset.

Here's an interesting sentence:  to the best of my knowledge, the town has two ways to kill folks (lynch, Vigilante), while the scum has more.  Yet those numbers are reversed here.

There is some stuff to mitigate this, though, most notably the fact that he got on Squilliam early on and, for the first time this game, stayed on someone for more than a page.*  Of course, that could just be a ploy to gain trust by showing that he lynched a fellow mafioso, but it should be noted nonetheless.  I'm not sure if I'll vote for him early tomorrow, but I would like to hear him explain these contradictions and his skittish behavior.

*Slight exaggeration

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Oh, and to that interesting sentence: the town does have more kills than the mafia.

We have lynch, a daytime vigilante (dead), a nighttime vigilante, and that sister of fate. The mafia seem to have only their standard kill. So yes the town has more ways to kill than the mafia and SK.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

And yes, I did suspect hatmoza, but after his posts, it became clear to me how much more unlikely he would be the SK so I retracted my vote.

We can't all be right. And that's why I'm not being stubborn. Being stubborn in mafia doesn't lead to good things.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Hmmm, I wasn't expecting that.

I have some ideas/queries but before we start theorising about what happened let's wait for Hatmoza and Heph to tell us what they know.

Whew, took them long enough.

Anyway, I want to apologze again for being so absent the last 72 hours. I turned 21 yesterday, that's why I partied pretty much the whole weekend.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Maybe the mafia didn't kill anyone to shed a bad light on Heph? Seeing as Heph would become a Vigilante, they might as well decided to start a lynch party against him. The mafia wants to trick us into believing Heph has been recruited by them?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.