By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's discuss how to find a Wii this month

This thread is for people to post about when they know chains are going to have stock of Wii, when shipments are scheduled for stores that just put them out as they arrive, when you can find Wii in stock online, etc

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

in my local wal-mart they always get wii on tuesdays,in my local gamestop they always get em on tuesdays and thursdays,but the nest way to get a wii is to call that store

or get $500 and buy one on ebay, saves ALOT trouble of finding one

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

walk into a store and buy one.

works fine in Germany. hehehehe

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

wiitracker.com gives a good historical account of when the shipments came in and how fast they sold out. I've found that circuit city.com gets them usually on a tuesday between 7:00 and 8:00 pacific time. In fact, that's where I got mine from last year.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:

at the moment. I wonder if that Wii on ebay in the uk are Wii's from germany though. Well lets look if its last, amazon was out of wii's yesterday evening, but know it is in stock again. Possible that it will go crazy the next weeks.

Just_Ben said:
Faxanadu said:

at the moment. I wonder if that Wii on amazon in the uk are Wii's from germany though. Well lets look if its last, amazon was out of wii's yesterday evening, but know it is in stock again. Possible that it will go crazy the next weeks.

That's exactly why I decided to buy mine a few weeks ago. Stock at amazon.de has been pretty stable but with increased holiday sales it might sell out. If Wii Fit catches on, it might be hard to find a console in Europe next year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Just_Ben said:
Faxanadu said:

at the moment. I wonder if that Wii on amazon in the uk are Wii's from germany though. Well lets look if its last, amazon was out of wii's yesterday evening, but know it is in stock again. Possible that it will go crazy the next weeks.

i doubt they will sell out. Have you recently walked into any Saturn or Mediamarkt? Huge stacks of systems everywhere. If you really are in need, go to a Karstadt... 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Just_Ben said:
Faxanadu said:

i doubt they will sell out. Have you recently walked into any Saturn or Mediamarkt? Huge stacks of systems everywhere. If you really are in need, go to a Karstadt...

The intresting question would be: Why are there so many in DE if it is sold out in UK? No I don't go to media markt and saturn, both are bad bad bad companies, but I go to Toys'R'us and gamestop (i think) in my town, and both have fewer wiis than they used to have.

fewer indeed, but still plenty.

and they might be bad companies, but at least they exist everywhere.