Oh look, you posted a negative Microsoft thread and you aint banned

OT, the games look good graphic wise to me, so that's all that matters

Around the Network

And around and around we go....

Seece said:

"ok so in this site, u can't say anything remotely negative towards microsoft"

this just news O.o, i just found no one made a thread.

now if darth let me post something on sony forums.

NiKKoM said:

I can dance with 320x240.. so no worries from me..

Even better, I don't need a 150 dollar camera to dance!

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

News just in. 

Apparantly Kinect is fun to play. 

Wait Fun doesnt matter anymore. 

Sorry wrong thread.

Around the Network
JPH85 said:

It's still the start. Microsoft has to worry about being sued for the slightest thing they might include on the Kinect. I bet they will include more stuff through updates. And about the resolution, I thought it was always 320x240. I don't think it has been downgraded. It's always been like that as far as I know. Having a higher resolution means the device costs more than 150$.

the sensor the bought parts some months ago were 1.3mpx CMOS for pictures, 640x480 30fps video. natal projects

in contrast ps eye is 2mpx 640x480p 60fps , 320x240 120fps video, also they working omnivision for better low light operation.

Seece said:

"ok so in this site, u can't say anything remotely negative towards microsoft"

well i only just reported him. Give the mods a chance to react.

I think this points to Microsoft having doubts just how success Kinect will be so they cut back on it's hardware to keep from selling them at a loss. No doubt many 360 fans here will likely to pay $150 for Kinect.  It's the same  people over at a sim racing forum is likely to pay hundreds of dollars for wheels and rigs.

I'm surprised by this ...

While I'm certain Microsoft wouldn't make this change without first testing the consequences, I would expect that a lower resolution camera would make Kinect far less precise; and would increase the number and severity of errors. Although, this could also be the result of Microsoft changing the scope of what Kinect is, and by that I mean that some of the hardware could have been choosen for capturing more complicated and expressive motions (hands/face), or could have been choosen to open the use of the system by more players, and with limited interest from developers for this extra functionality it doesn't make much sense to have the hardware for it (at this point in time).