By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 - SALES PREDICTION Thread!

CChaos said:

Why not, Vette? I don't see why my numbers are any less valid than anyone elses. I figured I was actually being pretty positive there. Sorry if I'm bursting someone's bubble here, but that's about how many I feel seems right. I hate to break it to you, but there are less PS3s sold than PS2s by about, oh, around 110 million. The numbers are just not going to be as high as the PS2s for the simple reason that even the absolute best selling game ever for the PS3 (so far) haven't sold to more than 22% of the owners out there.

Unless this is only a thread for the supremely optimistic fans only?

Puh-lease.

PS3 sold in Japan so far: 5,400,00

PS2 sold in Japan when GT3 came out: 4,314,529

Going by your logic, GT5 should sell more than GT3 because there's a bigger userbase...so why do you have lower sales?

Around the Network

@Darth

Heh, he could probably try, but I think his last response to Boutros actually is a perfect response to someone giving me hell about my own numbers. It doesn't make even a lick of difference if I'm wrong, so what does it matter?

EDIT:

@Darth and @Boutros: Honestly, I don't think they should be changed. Everyone else is shooting pretty high. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the series, it's not like I'm trolling here. But there's been a lot of pretty impressive games on the PS3 that have underperformed than what was anticipated. The Prologue has sold a lot, sure enough, but the fans of GT5 are dyed in the wool fans now, so I'm feeling that it's pretty safe to say that a LOT of fans bought it. It's a household name now. If such is the case, then my numbers might not be that off.

Vetteman94 said:
Boutros said:
Vetteman94 said:
Boutros said:
Vetteman94 said:

1st Week

Name North America Others Japan TOTAL
 Vetteman94  750,000
 1.1 Million
 2.2 Million

1st 10 weeks

Vetteman94  2.1 Million
 3.2 Million
 1.1 Million
 6.4 Million

Lifetime

Vetteman94  4.1 Million
6.5 Million
 2.2 Million
 12.8 Million

There's something wrong with your Japan numbers...

There is nothing wrong with my numbers,  move along please

350k FW and then 1.1 million for first 10 weeks?

There IS something wrong with that.

In your opinion.   So what does it matter to you if I am wrong?

You wouldn't want me to tell you if you had something in your teeth?

CChaos said:

@Darth

Heh, he could probably try, but I think his last response to Boutros actually is a perfect response to someone giving me hell about my own numbers. It doesn't make even a lick of difference if I'm wrong, so what does it matter?

So it won't hurt your ego if your wrong!

OMG who are you?!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CChaos said:

Why not, Vette? I don't see why my numbers are any less valid than anyone elses. I figured I was actually being pretty positive there. Sorry if I'm bursting someone's bubble here, but that's about how many I feel seems right. I hate to break it to you, but there are less PS3s sold than PS2s by about, oh, around 110 million. The numbers are just not going to be as high as the PS2s for the simple reason that even the absolute best selling game ever for the PS3 (so far) haven't sold to more than 22% of the owners out there.

Unless this is only a thread for the supremely optimistic fans only?

EDIT: @Darth, much obliged. I appreciate the inclusion. I mean, worst case scenario, my numbers get blown away.

Because you are comparing LTD numbers,  which cant be used. GT3 never sold to that many PS2s. When GT3 was launched, the PS2 had about 12M consoles.   GT4 launched at 70M consoles.   Are you honestly going to say that GT3 sold a significant portion of its sales after Gt4 launched?  Cause you are basically saying that over 50% of it sales came after GT4 launched.  So explain to me how GT3 sold over 7M games after GT4 launched?

Also the best selling MGS sold a little over 5.5M, meanwhile the best selling GT sold almost 15M,  yet you compare the 2 series and think that MGS4 will beat GT5.  How did you come to that conclusion?  

Around the Network

@Darth

I'm weird, I know. :( I have no ego to speak of. Oh, and I edited my previous post, but I'll just put it here too, cause I realize that must be annoying to guys trying to converse with me. Sorry about that!

@Darth and @Boutros: Honestly, I don't think they should be changed. Everyone else is shooting pretty high. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the series, it's not like I'm trolling here. But there's been a lot of pretty impressive games on the PS3 that have underperformed than what was anticipated. The Prologue has sold a lot, sure enough, but the fans of GT5 are dyed in the wool fans now, so I'm feeling that it's pretty safe to say that a LOT of fans bought it. It's a household name now. If such is the case, then my numbers might not be that off.

Boutros said:
Vetteman94 said:
Boutros said:

350k FW and then 1.1 million for first 10 weeks?

There IS something wrong with that.

In your opinion.   So what does it matter to you if I am wrong?

You wouldn't want me to tell you if you had something in your teeth?

OK almighty Boutros,  explain exactly why it could not happen?

1st Week - 1.5 Milions.

10Weeks - 3.5 Milions

LTD - 5.8 Milions

Americas : 1Milion - Others : 4 Milions - Japan : 800K

UPDATED TILL GILGAMESH!

Reach said:

1st Week - 1.5 Milions.

10Weeks - 3.5 Milions

LTD - 5.8 Milions

Americas : 1Milion - Others : 4 Milions - Japan : 800K

Can you give regional breakdowns for your Week 1 and 10 weeks....

Otherwise only your LTD sales will be carried into the predictions