By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What We Know About Versus XIII (Massive Read)

Jdevil3 said:
Christian973 said:

I really hope this game is like old final fantasy titles. I just want bahamut to be bahamut or shiva to be shiva the ice queen not some transformer cars. I want to enjoy Final Fantasy again like i used to. So far, Versus XIII is getting me very very interested in the series again. Are random battles confirmed? 

As far as I know, the battles will be "seamless" and you will see the enemies walking on the field... and some of them will pop out of nowhere :P. So... I think battles will be something simillar to Final Fantasy XII battles... with Action JRPGs battle system instead (simillar to Kingdom Hearts with some Third Person Shooter elements).

Oh you mean like in Dragon Quest IX where you can "see" the enemies and when you touch them you get into battle or is it like FF12 and Last Story Realtime? I liked FF12 so i guess that's a good thing and KH is one on my favorite franchises. I just freaking hope the summons are actually summons and not race cars.

So far versus is looking good. It has a world map, airship, interesting characters, and Toriyama is not involved in it. The only icing it needs is confirmed towns, weapon shops, inns, and item shops.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
geddesmond2 said:

This game is sounding like the way FF13 should have been. They should have made this one FF13 and called FF13, FF13-2 like the spin off they did for FF10 because basicly those to games where lame as fuck and unworthy of being named FF. This is just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone who liked FF10-2 and FF13. Its all down to a persons taste and those games didn't do it for me.

they cudnt

ff13 is the base mythology for all ff13 games.ff versus xiii and agito xiii have l'cie, fal'cie and gods from ffxiii.

ff13 wud hve to release before versus xiii and agito xiii and gud it did, ffxiii is one ov my favrites.

Ah I'm just comparing based on the way FF10 was so bad-ass compared to FF10-2 and how FFV13 is sounding so bad-ass compared to the way FF13 was. As I said everyone has differant tastes. I've still pumped 110 hours into FF13 though reguardless so its not a bad game. It just didn't reach my expectations.

Christian973 said:
Jdevil3 said:
Christian973 said:

I really hope this game is like old final fantasy titles. I just want bahamut to be bahamut or shiva to be shiva the ice queen not some transformer cars. I want to enjoy Final Fantasy again like i used to. So far, Versus XIII is getting me very very interested in the series again. Are random battles confirmed? 

As far as I know, the battles will be "seamless" and you will see the enemies walking on the field... and some of them will pop out of nowhere :P. So... I think battles will be something simillar to Final Fantasy XII battles... with Action JRPGs battle system instead (simillar to Kingdom Hearts with some Third Person Shooter elements).

Oh you mean like in Dragon Quest IX where you can "see" the enemies and when you touch them you get into battle or is it like FF12 and Last Story Realtime? I liked FF12 so i guess that's a good thing and KH is one on my favorite franchises. I just freaking hope the summons are actually summons and not race cars.

So far versus is looking good. It has a world map, airship, interesting characters, and Toriyama is not involved in it. The only icing it needs is confirmed towns, weapon shops, inns, and item shops.

no i thnk it will be battle on field like kh1/2

who knows wht summons will be like, and in ffxiii u dnt have to change summons into vehicles, again if u actually played ffxiii (whch u told me many times u havent) instead of mindlessly hating on it u wud know tht.

AkibaFan said:
geddesmond2 said:

This game is sounding like the way FF13 should have been. They should have made this one FF13 and called FF13, FF13-2 like the spin off they did for FF10 because basicly those to games where lame as fuck and unworthy of being named FF. This is just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone who liked FF10-2 and FF13. Its all down to a persons taste and those games didn't do it for me.

they cudnt

ff13 is the base mythology for all ff13 games.ff versus xiii and agito xiii have l'cie, fal'cie and gods from ffxiii.

ff13 wud hve to release before versus xiii and agito xiii and gud it did, ffxiii is one ov my favrites.

Here's the thing though, they're not sharing Fal'cie between the Final Fantasy games, they were supposed to share some crystal thingy idea that was never realized in Final Fantasy XIII and to be perfectly frank I think they abandoned the idea of sharing the the mythology between the three games a while ago.  Now I'm talking out of my ass and just going off of memory from what I remember 5 years ago when the three games were announced, so anyone feel free to prove me wrong, hopefully with a link so I can see what they're thinking with the game's story.  Oh on another note I didn't read too much of the front page with the random articles so if it's there sorry.

darkknightkryta said:
AkibaFan said:
geddesmond2 said:

they cudnt

Here's the thing though, they're not sharing Fal'cie between the Final Fantasy games, they were supposed to share some crystal thingy idea that was never realized in Final Fantasy XIII and to be perfectly frank I think they abandoned the idea of sharing the the mythology between the three games a while ago.  Now I'm talking out of my ass and just going off of memory from what I remember 5 years ago when the three games were announced, so anyone feel free to prove me wrong, hopefully with a link so I can see what they're thinking with the game's story.  Oh on another note I didn't read too much of the front page with the random articles so if it's there sorry.

no they are sharing fal'cie.

Fal'cie etro is in versus xiii.

if u read ff13 datalog u wud know that 3 god's abandoned ff13's world, etro is one ov them and etro has come to the ff versus xiii world.

ff agito xiii is showing war betwn fal'cie's according to recent articles for it. (th other gods came to th ff agito xiii world)

theories say th games are on different planets in th same solar system.

Around the Network
Christian973 said:
Jdevil3 said:
Christian973 said:

Well, I really am not sure. All they said is that the battles are "seamless" and in real time with AJRPG and TPS elemets. Judging from that and the fact that you can see the enemies roaming around the field... and one of the screenshots released some time ago where you see Noctis in a city fighting a Mechanical Behemoth, I'd say you don't "travel to another plane" to fight the enemies. So I think it must be something like Final Fantasy XII in that aspect.

LOL @ the race cars comment xD

I think there will be towns... and if there are towns, then there must be shops, INNs, etc.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

AkibaFan said:
darkknightkryta said:
AkibaFan said:
geddesmond2 said:

they cudnt

if u read ff13 datalog u wud know that 3 god's abandoned ff13's world, etro is one ov them and etro has come to the ff versus xiii world.

ff agito xiii is showing war betwn fal'cie's according to recent articles for it. (th other gods came to th ff agito xiii world)

Like I said talking out of my ass :p.  But yeah which datalog was this?  Is it locked away until you do the missions cause I saw none of this.  And the 3 god's was the one that made the humans and Fal'Cie part of them?  The goddess?  I mean did she abandon them considering she stopped things from happenning that caused the entire story of the game?

AkibaFan said:
darkknightkryta said:
AkibaFan said:
geddesmond2 said:

they cudnt

What are you talking about? The datalog never says which worlds the God's went too, it just says the 3 God's abandoned Cocoon/Pulse. The rest is speculation.

Don't combine facts and speculation, that might be hard for you looking at your grammar and spelling skills.

darkknightkryta said:
AkibaFan said:
darkknightkryta said:
AkibaFan said:
geddesmond2 said:

they cudnt

Like I said talking out of my ass :p.  But yeah which datalog was this?  Is it locked away until you do the missions cause I saw none of this.  And the 3 god's was the one that made the humans and Fal'Cie part of them?  The goddess?  I mean did she abandon them considering she stopped things from happenning that caused the entire story of the game?

He's spewing crap, the datalog/analect never says where the God's go too.

You find "analects" in FFXIII which tell you of this.

The analects are like poems, I think you find this one in Oerba.

It says there were 3 gods:

Hallowed Pulse -- He created Gran Pulse

Lindzei -- He got jealous of Hallowed Pulse and decided to create Cocoon so he had his "own world"

Etro -- The Goddess that opens the door to "heaven or whatever" when a soul dies....so a Goddess of death

You can find other analects that describe following events:

- Lindzei hands over cocoon's safekeeping to BArthandelus and leaves Cocoon/Pulse

- Hallowed Pulse and Etro leave cocoon too and it is speculated "the maker" made them leave

That is all they say about God's, they never say where these god's go or why they go. Versus XIII or Agito XIII will probably answer these questions.

Now about the Goddess your talking about, yes aparently Etro saves Cocoon and some speculation suggests Etro can travel accross the Universe really quickly, though that is just speculation on the FF13 fan sites.

FFXIII's mythology was something that was done extremely well, its a pity too much of it was left in analects as many people won't even bother reading them.

The Xbox Man said:
AkibaFan said:
darkknightkryta said:
AkibaFan said:
geddesmond2 said:

they cudnt

What are you talking about? The datalog never says which worlds the God's went too, it just says the 3 God's abandoned Cocoon/Pulse. The rest is speculation.

Don't combine facts and speculation, that might be hard for you looking at your grammar and spelling skills.

i will report u to moderator if u insult me personlly like tht. And i wsnt doing stupid speculation. there is a portrait of goddess etro in th ff versus xiii trailer, u shud do sum research befor seying shit like tht.